Barrel-Aged Fantasy Football League

Discussion in 'Beer It Forward' started by Heatwave33, Aug 16, 2012.

1. Heatwave33

Heatwave33 Advocate (570) Florida Sep 13, 2011

You're in with a Cascade Sang Noir. Please send me your e-mail.
    You're in with an Arctic Devil '11. Please send me your e-mail.
    You're in with a Surly 5. Please send me your e-mail.
    You are my first alternate with a H24 Pugachev's Cobra. Send me your e-mail please.

2. Heatwave33

Could use a couple more alternates if anyone else is interested.

3. I WISH. They have it on tap once in a while at a place right down the street, but they won't do growler fills. :(

4. markasparov

markasparov Savant (360) District of Columbia Mar 2, 2007 Verified

ISO: being iadler's target in an upcoming BIF.

5. phisigben

phisigben Savant (390) Kentucky Jan 8, 2009 Verified

So when will we know draft order?

6. brendan4532

brendan4532 Savant (280) Florida Aug 11, 2011 Subscriber

I am in if you have any room left. I have a XI BA Old Rasputin or a 2011 Cascade The Vine. Would those suffice?

7. Heatwave33

One hour before the draft.
    Either one would absolutely! You are my second alternate. (in case we have anyone not sign up or drop out)

8. Heatwave33

I need your e-mail address ASAP please.
    I need your e-mail address ASAP please!

9. Heatwave33

You are in with either beer of your choice. Send me your e-mail ASAP so I can send you the invite. Cheers.

10. Heatwave33

Going to need 2 more alternates! I have 2 people who still have not accepted the invite. 22oz minimum and the draft is August 26th @ 8pm EST. Please let me know ASAP. Cheers.

11. Kmccabe33

Kmccabe33 Savant (450) Georgia Nov 4, 2011

Would love to get in on this, Lost Abbey Deliverance or Brandy Angel's Share maybe? Could find others potentially

12. Heatwave33

I will use you as an alternate in case anyone drops out.

13. ihatejoey

ihatejoey Initiate (20) Colorado Aug 22, 2012

hi
    can i still get in on this . i def wanna play!!!!!
    please let me know

14. Heatwave33

We are full. Sorry. But if someone drops out I'll let you know.

15. saru96

saru96 Zealot (95) California Sep 24, 2011

I want in too!

16. Heatwave33

Will use you as an alternate. Thanks

17. Can we get a finalized list of the beers up for grabs? So we can start dreaming...

18. Heatwave33

I started this exact post on the league website ;)

19. It's draft time! This is going to be an awesome league, can't wait.

Also, I'm like 87% sure I'm going to dominate.

20. phisigben

Ok so 9 people have posted on Espn what bottles are in the mix, so what are the other three?

21. So we've got deadbeat owners and the season hasn't even started yet? Haha. Seriously though, if one or more owners go AWOL mid-season I imagine it will be tough to collect their beer come February.

22. Heatwave33

Everyone has checked in except for one. I sent him a message and hopefully he will post on the ESPN site. Cheers.

23. I just noticed this in the ESPN league settings:

Regular Season Matchups:
    13 (Playoffs start Week 14)

Shouldn't it say 14 (Playoffs start Week 15)?

24. Looks like the playoffs are two weeks each, so the first round is weeks 14-15 and the championship "game" is weeks 16-17.

25. Nice catch, I didn't notice that. How does two, two week rounds of playoffs work? And please tell me we'll be done before week 17...can we get clarification on this?

26. Seems like it just totals all the points scored by your teams over two weeks. I assume you're allowed to change your roster between games, but I'm not 100% sure. And yeah, it looks like points scored in week 17 will count towards the championship game total - hope you don't have any starters that are resting that week.

27. Heatwave33

FIXED! Thank you for the observation.

28. phisigben

Why is there no match-ups for week 14?

29. It looks like everyone has a bye week 14, then playoffs are weeks 15 and 16, then no games in week 17. I think there's the bye in week 14 because the playoff schedule was changed during the season when it was realized that the playoff "games" were actually two games long.

30. Is this true? It looks to me like everyone has a matchup this week...then playoffs the next two? I was just setting things up for my matchup with the Oude Beuzers, a 9-4 squad. Gotta beat them to get a spot in the playoffs!

You're going down, Ian.

31. Disclaimer: Yes, I'm a bit salty that I'm not in the playoffs. A few suggestions for next year, which would be my honest feedback whether I made the playoffs or not...

1) Ditch ESPN for Yahoo. Yahoo sucks in almost every conceivable way except for fantasy sports, football in particular. They run the best fantasy football site out there.

2) In a 10 team league 4 teams should make the playoffs. In a 12 team league 6 should go with the top 2 teams having a week 1 bye.

3) Ditch the divisions - talk about a waste. If ESPN wants to make it feel like the real NFL, then the top 2 (or 3)teams from each division should go to the playoffs even if a team in the other division has a better record. There's no point in just looking the part.

4) Ditch ESPN for Yahoo.

That being said, good luck to all the playoff teams!

32. Agree with everything

33. I made the playoffs, and agree with Brees' suggestions for next year. Yahoo has all around higher quality FF leagues. Also agree that the divisions should be dropped. The 4 (or 6?), best teams should make the playoffs regardless of what division they are in. A team should not sneak into the playoffs just because they are in a weak division. Overall, it's been a good season, and I look foward to playing again next year.

By the way, you're going down this week Ian. Reggie Bush is going to go off for 120, and 2 tds. Go Phins!

34. Haha we'll see! I'm betting Arian Foster will be pretty pissed after last week and might just go postal on the Colts. As for the comments on this year...I am personally a bigger fan of ESPN and I don't think that the divisions really played a role at all. The 4 teams with the best records made it (tie breaker went to total points scored I believe).

I do agree with the 6 teams making the playoffs but overall I was happy with this league...not so much with my other league that is almost identical (barrel aged BIF style) as I finished 2nd to last in the regular season with Aaron Rodgers as my QB...boy did that suck!

35. I'm not going to lie, i'm a little worried Foster is going to torch me this week. I can only hope they start giving Tate more carries to rest Foster a little for the playoffs. Mcfadden playing more than 5 downs without getting injured would also be a plus. Still kicking myself in the ass for passing on Peterson for D-Mac.

As for the divisions, i'm glad the 4 highest ranked teams made the playoffs, but if that's the way we're going to play, why even have divisions? This is my first time playing ESPN, so I was a little unsure myself if it was the top two teams in the division, or the 4 teams with the best records that advanced. Seems as it just adds confusion. With that said, I am also very happy with this league, and am in no way complaining, but only pointing out an observation. Good luck this week everyone! That is, except for Ian;)

36. phisigben

I personally like the NFL's fantasy football set up, but that really doesn't matter till next year.

Good Luck to Ian, this should be a great championship matchup.

37. Wow, I got waffle stomped in the Championship! At least 2nd place still takes home some brew!

38. phisigben

So is the championship two weeks long?

39. kevanb

kevanb Champion (760) Illinois Apr 4, 2011 Verified Subscriber

Have bottles been decided on?

40. phisigben

I am confused because the site still says there is one more weeks of games, but on the first post from Heatwave he said the playoffs was only two weeks.