1. BeerAdvocate on your phone?! True story. Try the beta now.

Barrel-Aged Old Rasputin XV

Discussion in 'Cellaring / Aging Beer' started by BalancingBrooms, Aug 29, 2013.

1. BalancingBrooms

BalancingBrooms Member

Hows BA Old Rasputin XV drinking now? Should i keep aging or drink my one bottle?
  2. jivex5k

jivex5k Member

Drink that shit man.
    ABN_918 likes this.
  3. beercanman

beercanman Member

I drank one fresh last year and it was perfection, but I bought another and want to try it with a year on it. My favorite barrel stout by miles and miles. Drink it if you've never had it.
    ABN_918 likes this.
  4. NurseBri

NurseBri Member

i opened a bottle about a month ago and it was excellent. drink it.
    ABN_918 likes this.
  5. tx_beer_man

tx_beer_man Member

Same here, had one last month and was delish!!!
  6. Charliechu

Charliechu Member

Had one for the 4th of July . It was amazing .
  7. Lutter

Lutter Member

Meh. I say keep aging. I had one 1-2 months ago and it was still pretty hot, IMHO. Wait at least a year (I think this came out December/January?)
  8. RDMII

RDMII Member

It fades a good bit with a year on it, and though I love it fresh I'd say 4 months is the best spot for all around flavor. Less heat but still plenty of barrel.
  9. Googs

Googs Member

this beer is awesome fresh, but as stated above, pretty hot. I had last's years batch, which was about a year old at the time and it was mind blowing. I'm saving a bottle right now for a couple of years down the line, the heat should fade out a bit, and the chocolate flavors will come forward more. enjoy man
  10. youradhere

youradhere Member

Drink one now and see how it is. If you like it and want to see how it does with age then hold onto another for a year later. No Rasputin left? BM me, there are several on the shelf here.
  11. BalancingBrooms

BalancingBrooms Member

thanks for all the replies, im going to wait until the weather cools down a little bit more
  12. Diotima

Diotima Member

I drank one fresh and it was probably the hottest beer I have ever had. Wish I would have waited at least a year.
    tx_beer_man likes this.