1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Barrel-Aged Old Rasputin XV

Discussion in 'Cellaring / Aging Beer' started by BalancingBrooms, Aug 29, 2013.

1. Hows BA Old Rasputin XV drinking now? Should i keep aging or drink my one bottle?
  2. jivex5k

jivex5k Advocate (550) Florida Apr 13, 2011

Drink that shit man.
    ABN_918 likes this.
  3. beercanman

beercanman Savant (485) Ohio Dec 17, 2012

I drank one fresh last year and it was perfection, but I bought another and want to try it with a year on it. My favorite barrel stout by miles and miles. Drink it if you've never had it.
    ABN_918 likes this.
  4. i opened a bottle about a month ago and it was excellent. drink it.
    ABN_918 likes this.
  5. tx_beer_man

tx_beer_man Savant (260) Texas Jan 22, 2013

Same here, had one last month and was delish!!!
  6. Had one for the 4th of July . It was amazing .
  7. Lutter

Lutter Advocate (650) Texas Jun 30, 2010

Meh. I say keep aging. I had one 1-2 months ago and it was still pretty hot, IMHO. Wait at least a year (I think this came out December/January?)
  8. RDMII

RDMII Savant (290) Georgia Apr 11, 2010

It fades a good bit with a year on it, and though I love it fresh I'd say 4 months is the best spot for all around flavor. Less heat but still plenty of barrel.
  9. Googs

Googs Savant (310) New York Apr 19, 2012

this beer is awesome fresh, but as stated above, pretty hot. I had last's years batch, which was about a year old at the time and it was mind blowing. I'm saving a bottle right now for a couple of years down the line, the heat should fade out a bit, and the chocolate flavors will come forward more. enjoy man
  10. youradhere

youradhere Savant (460) Arkansas Feb 29, 2008

Drink one now and see how it is. If you like it and want to see how it does with age then hold onto another for a year later. No Rasputin left? BM me, there are several on the shelf here.
  11. thanks for all the replies, im going to wait until the weather cools down a little bit more
  12. I drank one fresh and it was probably the hottest beer I have ever had. Wish I would have waited at least a year.
    tx_beer_man likes this.