1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

BA's in Hawaii?

Discussion in 'US - Pacific' started by jhartley, Jan 14, 2013.

1. Is there any BA's currently living in Hawaii? Just curious what the selection is like and how available craft beers are in our 50th state.

2. My parents live on Maui, so I have experience when visiting them. The selection is decent, but the best beer store on the island is Whole Foods to be honest. Maui Brewing is also always worth a visit, especially for their pub only offerings. I haven't been to any of the other islands since I have been legal, but I know that there are better stores, bars, etc. than on Maui.

3. GCurlow

GCurlow Aficionado (205) Washington Oct 13, 2005

I live in Honolulu.

jhartley likes this.
  4. Hardcore

Hardcore Savant (300) Hawaii Jun 24, 2012

It's decent here on Kauai. The local brewery, Kauai Island Brewery, is pretty good and we get most offerings form Deschutes, Sierra Nevada, Anderson, Rogue, Maui Brewing, Sam Adams, Widmer, North Coast, Mendocino, and most Belgians too. Oahu has the best selection and availability.

5. islandboi8204

islandboi8204 Savant (380) Hawaii Jul 28, 2011

The selection is decent but could be better here in Honolulu. I guess that's what happens when you're so isolated from everything. I picked up a bunch of different shelf Cantillon here the other day. I can't remember the last time I saw Cuvee Saint-Gilloise, Fou Foune, Vigneronne, and Iris just sitting around.

jmgrub likes this.
  6. A BA from Hawaii was my first trade many years ago, atigerlife. Don't know if he's still active though.

7. July2Nov

July2Nov Savant (415) Hawaii Aug 27, 2006

If you seek it, you shall find it.