BA's near Decorah, IA (Toppling Goliath)

Discussion in 'Midwest' started by mtrutlin, Mar 25, 2013.

1. mtrutlin

mtrutlin Savant (285) Colorado Apr 4, 2012

I realize this might be a bit difficult but was wondering if there are any generous BA's who live near Toppling Goliath. Word is that they are going to be doing a brewery only release of Kentucky Brunch and Mornin' Delight in the next 3-4 weeks. My buddy was planning on making the six hour round trip from Madison to pick some up for us but he just found out that the brewery plans on placing a limit on each beer to 2 bottles per person per day. Considering that limit, it's unlikely that he'll be making the trip for us now.

Due to the remoteness of the Decorah and based on the Naughty Temple release, it sounds like the bottles will be available for at least a few days and so anyone that lives near the brewery should be able to pick up at least a few days worth. If anyone out there lives close and would be able to help us out, shoot me a BM and hopefully we can work something out.

I had Mornin' Delight this summer at the Great Taste of the Midwest and it was the highlight of the festival for me. I'd love to get some (and to try Kentucky Brunch!).

Cheers!

Matt

2. archi348

archi348 Savant (255) Minnesota Nov 7, 2012

Any idea what week this release is slated for? I have a pending need to make a road trip down to Dubuque, IA for work. I see no reason that trip shouldn't include a "shortcut" through Decorah on my way back to Minneapolis.

3. I live in Rochester and am interested in any details on this also since it would be 3 hours round trip.

4. mtrutlin

As far as I know, an exact date has not yet been set for the release. From what I have been told by the brewery, it is expected to be mid-April though.

5. BottleCaps80

BottleCaps80 Advocate (725) Iowa Jan 12, 2013 Verified Subscriber

According to this label that was tweeted by TG this morning....2013 Mornin' Delight is going to be limited to 300 bottles. Good luck to all of those who make the trek to the taproom to score one....and enjoy!

[​IMG]

6. pepsican

pepsican Savant (325) Iowa Nov 5, 2007

I definitely wouldn't count on this. I can think of at least 8 of us from the Iowa City area making a trip up for this and we have a midwest RB meetup of some sort planned around the release. These beers definitely have more buzz and interest than Naughty Temple. 150-300 bottle release for the Morning D according to Toppling Goliath. Anything is possible, but I see them selling out day one.

7. mtrutlin

yeah, I just noticed the 300 bottle count on the MD label they posted. I didn't realize it was giong to be that low. I agree they'll be gone on day one.

8. BrettHead

BrettHead Advocate (600) Nebraska Sep 18, 2010

And 300 is the max, so yeah gone in 1 day easy.

TheBushman likes this.