1. American Craft Beer Fest returns to Boston on May 29 & 30, featuring 640+ beers from 140+ brewers. Tickets are on sale now.

Bay Area Tasting: Thursday April 4th @6PM, at Beer Revolution

Discussion in 'US - Pacific' started by stupac2, Mar 25, 2013.

1. stupac2

stupac2 Initiate (0) California Feb 22, 2011

Hey guys, it's about that time again. My calendar says that the next tasting is less than two weeks. Provided that they'll still have us, it'll be at Beer Revolution on Thursday, April 4th, from 6PM until 10PM.

Bring a bottle or two (try not to bring more than 2 750's equivalent of beer, unless you want to bring some home) or buy something there. Actually, buy something there anyway, a bottle or something on tap, because Beer Rev doesn't need to generously host us and we should show them we appreciate it.

And remember, DO NOT OPEN BOTTLES YOURSELF, you MUST take them to the bar to be opened by a Beer Rev employee. This is the law. Beer Revolution doesn't have to host us, please don't make hosting hard on them in any way.

If you plan on attending please say so, as the event will be canceled if there isn't enough interest.

If you have any questions just let me know!

2. Count me in.....though, I think my posting such will bring down attendance again. ;-p

3. I'm down. I brought some MW love with me to Cali.

4. I'll be there! Not sure what I'll be bringing though. I think this will be my actual first time able to go. However I don't really have anything that I can bring ATM that you can't get in CA. Will I be laughed out of the share?

5. As the person bartending and opening bottles during the tasting, I'll make sure you're 86'd asap to avoid any embarrassment.

Nahhhhhh, we don't discriminate at these things! Last time I didn't have anything fun to bring I opened a Serpent's Stout and infused it with coffee, it was delicious. Bring a tasty CA beer, buy one from the coolers, or get creative and meet some friendly local BAs. Cheers!

CommanderOfAwesome likes this.
  6. MykelJH

MykelJH Savant (300) California Aug 3, 2011

I wont be there but my girlfriend will be there with a couple of beers. Thanks to the guys that invited her to join last time.

schwartzoid and MrFootstones like this.
  7. DavidOchoa

DavidOchoa Aspirant (40) California Mar 28, 2013

I'll try and make it here. First time, and hopefully not the last.

BenSw likes this.
  8. DOTU

DOTU Savant (405) California Feb 11, 2011

I cannot make it on the 4th but would like to join in for the next one. How often do you have these bottle shares at BR?

Cheers, Al

9. stupac2

Monthly is the idea.

10. DOTU

Thanks. Have a good one next week and I hope to meet up in May.

MykelJH likes this.
  11. Not sure if I can get a hall pass, but if so, I'll be there with bells on.

MykelJH likes this.
  12. BenSw

BenSw Aficionado (100) California Apr 5, 2012

I'll be there, may be a tad bit late as is normal.

13. Anyone going tomorrow that needs/wants a 12 bottle shipper?

I have too many and can probably bring one without too much trouble if someone is interested. Hate to break them down and recycle them but it's getting to that point.

Send me a BM if you want one.

14. I will be there tonight.

15. stupac2

I'll be there tonight, not sure what I'm bringing though. Will likely be a game-time decision.

16. I'll be there as well. Any clue to how I know which table with BA bottle share table?

17. Just look for the plethora of bottles :)

18. stupac2

That, or one of these:

1) I'm wearing a blue shirt with a cat genie on it, look for me.
    2) Ask the bartenders, they know us.

Also, if anyone can get there pretty early and try to snag some appropriate tables that'll be a big help. Last few Thursdays we've been sort of boned table-wise.

19. Gilmango

Gilmango Savant (305) California Jul 17, 2007

Yes, look for the bottles, we are often either to the left as you enter the door taking up a few tables or at the very end of the bar (closest to bathroom, farthest from door).

I will be there tonight, got a hoppy Columbus and Centennial Wit I made, an Otiose (from Colonel Forbin and me as we are sharing a Bruery membership and a single bottle was included) and a 2011 Freude fig wild ale from Sonoma Springs.

20. I'm out for this one.

21. I'm going to make this one. I'll be there early around 430 and will try to hold some space for us.

22. stupac2

Awesome, thanks!

23. stupac2

Thanks everyone for coming out tonight! It was a lot of fun, glad to see so many new faces!

24. Any pix of the event? Curious as to what I missed out on...glutton for punishment I guess.

25. popery

popery Savant (455) California Feb 19, 2008

I don't know if anyone took a picture, but here are the beers that I checked in/remember:
    Upright Bad Brains, Flora Rustica
    Fat Head's Head Hunter
    Homebrewed Tripel, Farmhouse Ale with Pluots and one other, which was very good but I don't remember the style
    Bruery Otiose, Mrs Stoutfire, Imperial Loakal Red
    Brooklyn Black Ops '10(?)
    Cantillon Gueuze
    Two Brothers Northwind Imperial Stout '06
    Victory Oak Horizontal
    Alaskan Barley Wine '10
    Sonoma Springs Freude
    Hill Farmstead Everett
    Cascade Strawberry
    Weyerbacher Sour Black
    SN BA Bigfoot
    AleSmith Kopi Luwak SS

26. I had a good time. Nice to meet everyone.

27. DOTU

Nice lineup! I hope I can make the next one.

28. maybe i'll be drinking again by the time the next one rolls around

bugdoc, nataku00 and stupac2 like this.
  29. griffeyb

griffeyb Savant (385) Pennsylvania Oct 15, 2010

Is there a June version of this happening? I'm coming out from PA June 5-9.

30. griffeyb

griffeyb Savant (385) Pennsylvania Oct 15, 2010

31. stupac2

Now I understand why I got two alerts from BA tasting threads.