Bay Area Tasting: Thursday June 6th @6PM at Beer Revolution

Discussion in 'Pacific' started by stupac2, May 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stupac2

stupac2 Pooh-Bah (2,031) Feb 22, 2011 California
    Pooh-Bah Society

Hey guys, it's about that time again. My calendar says that the next tasting is less than two weeks. Provided that they'll still have us, it'll be at Beer Revolution on Thursday, June 6th at 6PM.

Bring a bottle or two (try not to bring more than 2 750's equivalent of beer, unless you want to bring some home) or buy something there. Actually, buy something there anyway, a bottle or something on tap, because Beer Rev doesn't need to generously host us and we should show them we appreciate it.

And remember, DO NOT OPEN BOTTLES YOURSELF, you MUST take them to the bar to be opened by a Beer Rev employee. This is the law. Beer Revolution doesn't have to host us, please don't make hosting hard on them in any way.

If you have any questions just let me know!

2. tbrascojr

tbrascojr Initiate (0) Oct 15, 2010 Pennsylvania
    Trader

I will try to make it. I am coming in from Erie, PA on the 5th for a golf/wine trip with my father for 5 days. If I can swing it, I'll bring some East Coast beer (read HF). Also open to requests... That is, of course, if y'all don't mind an East Coaster crashing the party :slight_smile:

3. schwartzoid

schwartzoid Initiate (0) Mar 4, 2008 California

I'm going to try to make it, but may not be there until a bit later.

4. stupac2

Pooh-Bah Society

We don't mind! This tasting is purposefully open to everyone who can make it. Some HF would be awesome, I'm sure everyone would welcome some of whatever IPA they currently have on tap.

5. tbrascojr

tbrascojr Initiate (0) Oct 15, 2010 Pennsylvania
    Trader

Excellent! Won't be hauling any HF IPA's, but most likely either an Edith or a Brother Soigne. Will try to bring at least two 750's of something interesting out there.

MrFootstones likes this.
  6. DOTU

DOTU Pundit (751) Feb 11, 2011 California

I'm going to try to be there too.

7. FunkyMacGroovin

FunkyMacGroovin Initiate (0) Sep 22, 2009 California

I can probably make this one, and will likely be able to get there early to save space.

MrFootstones likes this.
  8. stupac2

Pooh-Bah Society

Thanks! Space-saving is a big deal on Thursdays.

9. MrFootstones

MrFootstones Initiate (0) Aug 8, 2008 California

I tend to tell my door guy that folks aren't allowed to bring their own bottles in unless they're Hill Harmstead, so you're in luck :wink:

afrokaze and tbrascojr like this.
  10. afrokaze

afrokaze Pooh-Bah (1,933) Jun 12, 2009 Oregon
    Pooh-Bah Society

I really need to get a day off for the next Sunday tasting.

11. CommanderOfAwesome

CommanderOfAwesome Initiate (0) Aug 30, 2012 California

I'm a maybe. Won't know until next week.

12. Askchucky

Askchucky Zealot (504) May 2, 2011 Illinois
    Trader

I travel from Chicago area to the palo alto area on a regular basis. Will be there next week. Is there an easy way to get there from palo alto? Would prefer not to drink and drive.

13. schwartzoid

schwartzoid Initiate (0) Mar 4, 2008 California

Not really "easy", but you can take Caltrain and switch to BART at Millbrae station and then take the train to 12th St/Oakland City Center and take the free Broadway bus down to Beer Rev at 3rd Ave.

14. stupac2

Pooh-Bah Society

Not really. As far as I know your only option is to take Caltrain up to SF, switch to BART, then take that to Oakland. I think it'll take a while but you can look into it. Some peninsula guys could probably help with logistics too.

15. FunkyMacGroovin

FunkyMacGroovin Initiate (0) Sep 22, 2009 California

It'd take about an hour and a half each way, and the round trip would be about $20. Not horrible, but not great either.

16. Gilmango

Gilmango Initiate (0) Jul 17, 2007 California

I should be there, my newest bottled sours are slowly carbonating but taste good already (one with a gallon of 2011 cab franc juice in carboy, other with 2+ gallons of 2010 barbera 'must' in the carboy - 'must' being what came out of the de-stemmer from 25# of grapes, so basically juice, skin, flesh, seeds). Thanks as always to the Beer Rev crew and Stu for respectively allowing and arranging this.

bugdoc and MrFootstones like this.
  17. cpferris

cpferris Zealot (500) Jan 22, 2008 Indiana
    Trader

Geez louise Gilman! I truly miss getting to sample all your great homebrews. Thanks again for sharing those over the years!

18. skawars1

skawars1 Initiate (0) Feb 28, 2006 California

I should be able to make it. Might have time to bottle up my Koval whiskey barrel imperial stout.

19. stupac2

Pooh-Bah Society

I like how much homebrew it sounds like we're going to be getting.

20. MssrTussaud

MssrTussaud Initiate (0) Apr 17, 2013 California

You can take the Dumbarton Express (DB) bus from Palo Alto to Union City BART, then take BART to Oakland 12th St. Then walk or catch the free shuttle down to Beer Rev.

The return trip will be the longer one: BART to Caltrain, as people pointed out. DB only runs during rush hour M-F.

I wish I could make it and meet some of you folks that I see posting all the time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.