Dismiss Notice
Sneak peek! BeerAdvocate magazine #104 (September 2015) featuring Leah & Oscar from Highland Brewing in Asheville, North Carolina. Learn more ...
Dismiss Notice
Subscribe to our newsletter and get the latest BeerAdvocate updates delivered to your inbox.

BBPT5 Leaky bottles

Discussion in 'Beer Trading Talk & Help' started by nilesschmidt, May 2, 2014.

1. Has anyone else had this show up on a trade with small amounts coming through the wax? Vintage 2013..

2. core42

core42 Advocate (640) Michigan May 5, 2010 Verified

Nope. It's been a while but I traded away more than a case to multiple people in several different states but not one report of a leakage

3. pest

pest Savant (480) Ohio Sep 2, 2007 Verified Subscriber

That wax so so thick and a pain in the ass to open I can't imagine it leaking. I had two cases and sent a bunch out to my trading partners without leakage reports.

jshusc likes this.
  4. this is so weird then.. it was a very small amount ( im talking drops), but now im worried that it is going to get oxidized if I let those 2 bottles sit. and Im not sure the others ones may not have the same issue, just didnt show it.

5. Jaycase

Jaycase Champion (910) Illinois Jan 13, 2007 Verified

I had one leak on me (I was the recipient). It was wet around the bottle & wax and I could clearly smell it. I drank the one immediately. The others were fine fortunately. Hope at least your other two are ok.