1. Extreme Beer Fest. March 20 & 21, 2015 in Boston, Mass. Join us!
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

BCBS 2012 - Michigan Release/Sightings

Discussion in 'US - Great Lakes' started by genuinedisciple, Sep 19, 2012.

1. raymo55

raymo55 Savant (475) Michigan Oct 3, 2011

Love your avatar....just sayin!

2. tectactoe

tectactoe Champion (760) Michigan Mar 20, 2012

well, thanks! me too (that's why i picked it) haha. the "wink" is much better than the "duckface".

3. GrueLurks

GrueLurks Aficionado (190) Michigan Jul 21, 2008

Famous Market in White Lake has a few cases. Think they are selling single bottles only though.

4. steebo777

steebo777 Advocate (535) Michigan Jun 30, 2009

I'd hit it

tectactoe likes this.
  5. mjshearer1

mjshearer1 Advocate (520) Michigan Dec 16, 2011

Al this talk about Dragon's Milk makes me want to go get one while I wait patiently for BCS.

tectactoe likes this.
  6. TheBeerTruck

TheBeerTruck Savant (280) Michigan Feb 29, 2012

I ran into a Kent Beverage rep last night and she said they have received it, but it was still undecided how exactly it would be distributed. Unfortunately, she didn't know how much they received.

MSEGUIN likes this.
  7. szmnnl99

szmnnl99 Advocate (680) Michigan Apr 3, 2006

Yeah, they wanted $31 for a 4 pack.

8. szmnnl99

szmnnl99 Advocate (680) Michigan Apr 3, 2006

Haha, I thought they were referring to the beer manager at the West Bloomfield Plum Market.

9. PatlovesFounders

PatlovesFounders Initiate (20) Oct 3, 2012

Just talked to ABC food wine and spirits in GR and they said it would be in next week.

10. zieglemt

zieglemt Aficionado (170) Illinois Apr 25, 2011

Apparently they only had 3 4packs left around 5:30 when my sis stopped in to grab one for her bf.

11. adamdd

adamdd Savant (330) Michigan May 9, 2011

I heard that there will be more in Kalamazoo today. I know of at least two places that are getting more (sorry to bring up a sore subject) most likely today. Mega-Bev got an inital load that sold out in an hour, and another 10 cases yesterday. One other place that I usually choose not to patronize for their poor handling of other beer releases (KBS) and over inflated prices should get their initial 5+ cases today also. One of the places getting more in Kzoo was selling it for $21/4 pack and the other was $24.

founder26 likes this.
  12. Mega-bev also has 5 more cases coming at an undetermined date.

EDIT: Sorry just read that it sounds kind of bad, I really do not know when they will be getting the final 5 cases, my guess would be next tuesday though as they get west side on tuesday around 11-noon.

13. pants4

pants4 Zealot (90) Pennsylvania Oct 4, 2012

Tiffany's in Kalamazoo just called me. They have some. Didn't say how much they got in. $22-4pk

14. MarcatGSB

MarcatGSB Initiate (0) Michigan Jan 8, 2011

Fitzgeralds in Eagle River will be tapping a 1/6th barrel of 2012 at noon this Friday... Come amd get it ya'll.

15. You need to start a new thread called "Michigan - the part no one will ever visit - BCBS Sightings." Then, you could post everyday about how it's just sitting on the shelves waiting for us...if we make the 10+ hour drive.

RyanMM, JohnB87 and MarcatGSB like this.
  16. svandyke09

svandyke09 Aspirant (30) Michigan Sep 5, 2012

Just grabbed a 4 pack from Drake Party Store in Kzoo for 25$ out the door. Their facebook said they got 10 cases earlier today and when I went they had 2 and a half cases left on the floor, but may have more in back. Also, limit 1 4pack per person which kinda sucks.

17. Steimie

Steimie Initiate (0) Michigan Jan 7, 2012

I'm in SE Oakland Co. and have an extra 4pk I'd like to trade. I put up a post in the ISO:FT forum.

JohnB87 likes this.
  18. MarcatGSB

One visit is all you need, and you will be hooked...

genuinedisciple, Bay01 and adamdd like this.
  19. JohnB87

JohnB87 Savant (325) Michigan Mar 14, 2011

I hate my boss anyway, so I see no reason why we shouldn't just steal his small airplane. Can you fly?

20. Bay01

Bay01 Savant (435) Illinois Nov 19, 2008

If you like Dragons Milk be sure to have a change of pants nearby when you have your first taste of BCBS.

smutty33 and tectactoe like this.
  21. I can wing it...see what I did there?

MarkIntihar and MarcatGSB like this.
  22. MarcatGSB

I think Pilgrims Dole is more bourbon forward than Dragons Milk, as they solely use Bourbon Barrels, rather than a mix of bourbon and whiskey barrels as they do for Dragons Milk.

raymo55 and Zaphog like this.
  23. Hellspawn2

Hellspawn2 Aspirant (35) Ohio Dec 11, 2011

Any place near Gibraltar I can pick some up?

24. raymo55

raymo55 Savant (475) Michigan Oct 3, 2011

Thank you!!! Been saying that for a while now.

JohnB87 likes this.
  25. JohnB87

JohnB87 Savant (325) Michigan Mar 14, 2011

I think Pilgrims Dole is by far my favorite beer from New Holland. (Not that this statement has anything to do with BCBS in Michigan)

26. How in the world did this thread turn into a discussion about New Holland, what a joke of a brewery...imo of course.

Durb777 likes this.
  27. GRBrew

GRBrew Savant (295) Michigan Jan 12, 2009

Let's get back to talking about when GR is actually going to see some bcbs. While I thought today, now I am hearing next week. Anyone else?

28. biga7346

biga7346 Savant (255) Michigan Jun 19, 2010

Agreed. I have never tried a new holland beer I've been enamored with, but they do have a new wet hopped ipa out now that's evidently pretty good.

29. imfrommichigan

imfrommichigan Savant (460) Utah Jul 12, 2012

Martha's Vineyard said next week for sure.

don't tell anyone

30. Wingfan13

Wingfan13 Aficionado (180) Texas Aug 10, 2009

What is the highest price you guys are seeing this at ? There is a place in Troy gouging at $37 out the door. Really annoying. The funny thing is they had a list of people they were holding 4 packs for and a friend of mine kept getting calls telling him people had cancelled and they had extra 4 packs he could buy.

31. GRBrew

Don't worry, they won't sell it to the public anyway.

ChadlyG and genuinedisciple like this.
  32. imfrommichigan

imfrommichigan Savant (460) Utah Jul 12, 2012

Yeah when they got kbs in they didn't even have it out. You had to ask and they would bring you your limit (which was a bottle) wrapped in a brown paper bag. Sketchy i tell ya.

genuinedisciple likes this.
  33. TheBeerTruck

TheBeerTruck Savant (280) Michigan Feb 29, 2012

I ran into another Kent Bev rep yesterday. The distributor has the beer in their warehouse, but have yet to distribute it. As far as she knew, they are planning how exactly to distribute it in terms of quantities to each location.

34. tectactoe

Woo! Just got a call from the store saying my 4-pack was ready! Unfortunately I'm at work and have to wait until 5pm to pick it up, and now I'll be craving it the rest of the day...

Any suggestions as far as its best pairings? How about aging it? Since I have 4 bottle, I might let two of them sit for a while.

35. GRBrew

What city?

36. camil1mj

camil1mj Savant (415) Michigan Oct 4, 2010

The bottle doesn't lie.
    When you get the bottles you will see they say "Ages well for up to 5 years". They bottle doesn't lie. It does age well for that long. Drink two and save 2 to drink along side future vintages.

TheGr8BeerState likes this.
  37. tectactoe

Excellent, thanks! Maybe I will age one for a year or two, and another for three or four. It will be hard not to drink them for that long, though! Haha

Well, I'm from Southgate but the store is in Wyandotte. Discount Drinks, etc. They had a waiting list going on, I called less than a week ago and put my name on the list.

38. Itoclown

Itoclown Savant (270) Michigan Jun 19, 2008

This. I've lost all respect for Martha's. If you have your bottles out, that means for sale. Not, "we're pretentious assholes who love to screw with people". Avoid, avoid, avoid.

End rant.

ChadlyG and genuinedisciple like this.
  39. Wingfan13

Wingfan13 Aficionado (180) Texas Aug 10, 2009

Wait, what ? What are they doing over there ?

40. Itoclown

Itoclown Savant (270) Michigan Jun 19, 2008

Left bottles of limited beers on the counter near the register then wouldn't sell to me and some other things.