1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

BCBS 2012 - Michigan Release/Sightings

Discussion in 'US - Great Lakes' started by genuinedisciple, Sep 19, 2012.

1. mjshearer1

mjshearer1 Savant (445) Michigan Dec 16, 2011

Perhaps, but when Siciliano's sells out in under an hour, that $7 price tag seems not so bad.

(Note: I don't know if Siciliano's has actually sold out yet. I'm just assuming because that's how fast KBS came and went there)
  2. imfrommichigan

imfrommichigan Savant (460) Utah Jul 12, 2012

Neither place is close to selling out with two bottle limits.
  3. GRDave

GRDave Aficionado (185) Michigan Oct 7, 2011

I picked up my two bottles at Siciliano's right before lunch and I agree, definitely not a door buster like KBS. Sounded like they had plenty when I asked how much they got. Picked up a bottle of Epic Big Bad Baptist and Furniture City as well.
    mjshearer1 likes this.
  4. spry

spry Aficionado (240) Michigan Oct 8, 2009

Any idea if the Lansing area gets some?
  5. imfrommichigan

WOOHOO! I CAN FINALLY STOP LOOKING AT THIS THREAD!
  6. mjshearer1

Ok, so, I know earlier in this thread I said I wouldn't be at Siciliano's when this came out because I was convinced they wouldn't have any left for the rest of us who couldn't call in late to work or had work in general. Lo and behold, I caved (because everywhere else I called either didn't have it in yet or seem annoyed that I was calling about it (how dare a consumer ask a question!!) and I was paranoid it'd be gone before anywhere else could get it), went to Siciliano's about an hour ago, and........they still had plenty left. So I snagged my two bottles in secret shame that I doubted the best beer store in the state (I mostly blame the KBS madness for my skepticism, because that shit DID sell out in less than an hour after opening their doors).

And also got a Furniture City Stock Ale, because yes.
  7. Steimie

Steimie Initiate (0) Michigan Jan 7, 2012

If felt good to get that off your chest, didn't it?
    mjshearer1 and Zaphog like this.
  8. Zaphog

Zaphog Champion (995) Michigan Sep 23, 2011

goandpickafurniturecitystockaleupformebro
  9. mjshearer1

It really did.

uouttatownbro?
  10. Zaphog

Naw...it's only being released at the brewery and bottle shops on the west side of the state isn't it?
  11. Corbet

Corbet Savant (330) Michigan Nov 7, 2010

This applies to me all the time with my girlfriend, who goes to school near Grand Rapids.

goandpickupalltheamazingbeersformewomanandmakemeasandwich
    Zaphog and mjshearer1 like this.
  12. mjshearer1

Correct. It doesn't really help that you're on the east side.
  13. Any word of it reaching California? I would love to get some. My local total wine stocks some Goose Islands so i'll probably go ask them if they can get it.
  14. Steimie

I don't even know what beer we're talking about in this thread anymore.
    MichPaul and Zaphog like this.
  15. mjshearer1

Dark Lord, clearly.
    Zaphog and Steimie like this.
  16. Steimie

In that case, don'tbothergoingtogopickitupformebro
    JohnB87 and mjshearer1 like this.
  17. dblab33

dblab33 Savant (320) Michigan Dec 9, 2011

Looks like it is starting to show up in northern Wayne County. Merchants in Dearborn got it today, 2 bottle limit. Not sure how much they have.
  18. raymo55

raymo55 Savant (465) Michigan Oct 3, 2011

IcangetyoassacoupleofbottleshomesliceBMme
    genuinedisciple and JohnB87 like this.
  19. grammaranspellinnotmatternomoresowhybotherwidspaceseither?fosho.amiright?
    mjshearer1, FINEBEERGUY and raymo55 like this.
  20. No BCBS spotted today, but I've been at work all day and now I'm in night classes till 10:30pm. So unless someone cracks open a BCBS during class, no sightings here.
    TheGr8BeerState likes this.
  21. It's obviously a secret code and they don't want the rest of us to know what they're saying. ;)
    szmnnl99 likes this.
  22. imfrommichigan

Where have you looked?
  23. patol8

patol8 Aficionado (215) Michigan Jul 6, 2010

I'm guessing he has looked in Ann Arbor mainly. Should be hitting this week, maybe tomorrow, heard thats when a few places get deliveries. Wine Castle in Livonia had it at 2 bottles per person as of Sunday night. I unfortunately showed up 30 minutes after they closed and haven't been back since.
  24. MSEGUIN

MSEGUIN Savant (375) Michigan Apr 6, 2011

Just got 2 bottles at Sicilianos in GR. They still have about a case on the counter. 5.79 a bottle.
  25. Zaphog

It has landed in the Tri-Cities.
    JohnB87 likes this.
  26. FEUO

FEUO Initiate (0) Ontario (Canada) Jul 24, 2012

Got me some yesterday. Little shop in RO saved me a lone bottle, and another little shop in Ikea land saved me a 4pack. Now I get to see what the fuss is about.
    But I was just as happy to see some new Bigfoot, DH Perkulator, JP Obscura and a big crazy sour from NH (Blue Sunday). Great haul for me.
    JohnB87 likes this.
  27. moosiz

moosiz Aficionado (180) Michigan Mar 25, 2009

got some bcs. kinda tired of trying to get a beer that only a few years ago would sit on the shelves for months. this shit is getting ridiculous. the "best" shop around the area saved me two bottles. Meanwhile the BEST shop saved me a 4pk. and had many more displayed up front next to the counter with nobodys name on them.
  28. Corbet

Corbet Savant (330) Michigan Nov 7, 2010

I finally got my hands on some thanks to a friend in Chicago and after finally trying the regular version for the first time (I've had bramble, coffee, and vanilla in the past), I must say, it's worth the hype. I'd love to try a bottle with some age on it because I'm sure it's even better.
  29. mike409

mike409 Aficionado (200) Michigan Jan 25, 2012

Beer barron in Livonia had some
    buddha5050 likes this.
  30. buddha5050

buddha5050 Savant (315) Michigan Sep 27, 2012

So does Wine Palace in Livonia one bottle limit at $9.99 a pop
  31. RyanMM

RyanMM Aficionado (210) Michigan Mar 12, 2009

This thread makes me feel spoiled to have been enjoying this beer blissfully since 2009. It was only with the 2011 batch that I realized it was 'coveted' and I regretted not being able to snatch up the dozens of bottles I had seen sitting on shelves gathering dust in the previous years.
  32. NSaad23

NSaad23 Aficionado (200) Michigan Dec 13, 2011

I heard it made it's way to Flint area as well.
  33. Spaceswedontneednostinkingspaces :)
    genuinedisciple likes this.
  34. We've learned nothing since High School: We're still all chasing the same girl.
    MSEGUIN likes this.
  35. buddha5050

Went to a local store in Canton and since I am a regular the owner let me have a four pack, which around here is hard to do. The stores only want to sell one per person, plus he let me have the four pack for 20 bucks!
  36. MSEGUIN

MSEGUIN Savant (375) Michigan Apr 6, 2011

Full case still left at Bailey Grove Liquors in Kentwood off of 52nd street.
    buddha5050 likes this.
  37. buddha5050

the place I got mine from only had a half case left
  38. There were 5-6 cases left at Martha's Vineyard when I went by after work today. No limit.
  39. FEUO

FEUO Initiate (0) Ontario (Canada) Jul 24, 2012

So you bought them all? :) Nice!

Had my first BCS tonight. Hype is justified. Go buy. Now.
  40. They are overpriced there (25$ per 4 pack) otherwise I would have gotten more. My newly acquired half case seems appropriate right now.