1. Extreme Beer Fest. March 20 & 21, 2015 in Boston, Mass. Join us!
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

BCBS Cherry Rye, Coffee @ Brixies in Brookfield

Discussion in 'US - Great Lakes' started by NSK79, Jan 26, 2013.

1. NSK79

NSK79 Savant (375) Illinois Jun 4, 2012

Cherry Rye, Coffee, Baudoinia on tap at Brixies in Brookfield right now, hurry! They also have bottles of Black Note. Say hi if you stop by, I'm in the alpha king hat at the bar.

Nick

C2H5, DarkMagneto and AshleyK like this.
  2. chronie

chronie Aficionado (180) Illinois Aug 1, 2011

Oh come on, that just unfair!

3. NSK79

NSK79 Savant (375) Illinois Jun 4, 2012

Plenty to go around, get on out here!

4. funhog

funhog Savant (435) Illinois Mar 8, 2011

Hi Nick!

5. JakeT469

JakeT469 Savant (330) Illinois Jan 13, 2012

Anyone know if these kicked last night? They're all still listed on their beermenus page but that's never full proof.

6. Coirm

Coirm Aficionado (160) Illinois Dec 12, 2012

Cherry kicked at about 9:00 pm, yummy, rest was still going, when I left at 10:00, wasn't the madhouse I expected, the coffee was awesome. The regular infused through vannila was good also, but the Cherry was the best.

7. any of these still available?

8. As of yesterday their beermenus page says yes, but with even more crazy shit.

- Baudoinia still on tap
    - Baudoinia infused with vanilla beans
    - Baudoinia infused with Cocoa Nibs & Peppermint
    - Black Note

9. foobula

foobula Savant (330) Illinois Dec 14, 2009

That is some "crazy shit". Friday it was regular BCS through those randalls (which incidentally they seemed to have inadvertently switched.) Passing Baudoinia through that process would seem to be at cross-purposes with the point of Baudoinia, being a more pure type of BCS. If true, I'm opposed to this practice.

At least it is still on tap without the randall treatment, so that's a good thing.

10. tinypyramids

tinypyramids Savant (455) Illinois Jul 19, 2012

i agree with you on the cocoa nibs (baudoinia is already chocolatey enough) but vanilla baudoinia...i'm not sure if i could contain myself if i went.

11. foobula

Vanilla CW BBS was tasty a few Fridays ago. I've heard good things about Vanilla BCS, though it wasn't very vanilla-ey last Friday for some reason, accounting for the switched taps. I guess either one is good for a taster, I just wouldn't want a full pour of Vanilla Baudoinia unless it was out of this world. That beer is already limited enough, who knows whether it will ever see the light of day after this release.

12. Coirm

Coirm Aficionado (160) Illinois Dec 12, 2012

I was there on Fri also, it was not very vanilla-y, but good anyway. Do they do the vanilla often?

13. foobula

They've been doing this randall thing for several months now, and vanilla seems to be the most common one. They also had a coffee randall and the current cocoa/peppermint. Not sure if they've done a hop randall, though they should given that was the original application when Sam Calagione launched the trend.

14. I think they were running gbh through an Amarillo Randall sometime in the last two weeks. I could have just been drunk and making shit up while browsing through beer menus. I think this happened though.

crushedvol and foobula like this.
  15. They were running Gumball through through the hop rocket with Amarillo. Very tasty.