1. Don't miss our 7th annual American Craft Beer Fest featuring 640+ beers from 140+ brewers this May 30 & 31 in Boston, MA! Buy your tickets now!
  2. BeerAdvocate on your phone?! True story. Try the beta now.

BCS Coffee and Cherry - MI Sightings

Discussion in 'US - Great Lakes' started by mjshearer1, Nov 21, 2012.

1. mjshearer1

mjshearer1 Member

Starting this now. I didn't see any other thread on it before.

Any word from the shops in the Mitten as to when this is coming? Everywhere I go says they might not get any.
  2. Tony412

Tony412 Member

I was told by a pretty reliable source a week ago that Oakland County is getting 2 cases of Cherry to split. It sounds like it is going to be scarce, there will obviously be more coffee but even that is going to be in short supply. Good luck to all the mich BA's out there searching for these bottles, were going to need it.
  3. camil1mj

camil1mj Member

I think that this will be one of those situations like Bramble. At least for the east side of the state . Most stores will get 1-2 bottles and sell them to their best customers or keep them for themselves. I hope not, but I don't forsee there being a whole lot of "sightings".
    fishtremble and Tony412 like this.
  4. steebo777

steebo777 Member

I'm with cam on this one. I guess we'll have to wait for it to hit and see.
  5. Tony412

Tony412 Member

Correction to my first, OC is looking closer to 4-5 cases today. That won't make it any less scarce though. Wait and see for sure
  6. vic311

vic311 Member

Just drive to Chicago, it is all over the place...;-)
  7. jebsinger

jebsinger Member

well the coffee is... the cherry is a different story
  8. psykosis

psykosis Member

I want the cherry in a bad way. Not likely going to see it up here in TC though. I've called all my favorite haunts, and none of them knew anything about this beer. :/
  9. MarcatGSB

MarcatGSB Member

Sounding like Michigan is really going to be short on Cherry. Like less than Bramble short, but so be it.
  10. gklover1

gklover1 Member

Does anyone have access to an extra Coffee for a poor Denver res that has never had it?
  11. Flabbyjandro

Flabbyjandro Member

I was not blown away by coffee and have two extra, certainly can trade one....BM me
  12. founder26

founder26 Member

have you had it before? if so did it not compare to last time it was released?
  13. imfrommichigan

imfrommichigan Member

Anybody hear anything yet? The most I've heard is that people are trying hard to get it.
  14. Irishize75

Irishize75 Member

I've done quite a bit of legwork in both Oakland and Wayne Counties and have only found one place that even so much as knew when they are getting it. 3 bottles of each by the way, and he is one of the biggest GI accounts in Oakland County. I will be surprised if its less than $30 a bomber around here and at that price point, I'm out. Got BB4D and BBPT5 right around the corner so I'm not sweating it.
    mlefevre, Tony412, Steimie and 2 others like this.
  15. Steimie

Steimie Member

$30 bucks? F that. It's like paying for FFF special bombers.
  16. imfrommichigan

imfrommichigan Member

At least you know it's going to be good. See: Battle Priest
    Steimie likes this.
  17. sarro

sarro Member

And Bully Guppy makes Battle Priest look good...
  18. Itoclown

Itoclown Member

I've heard conflicting reports around the GR area in terms of when it'll come through. I've heard from a few weeks to a few months. Keep those eyes peeled.
  19. iceatalamo

iceatalamo Member

So anyone actually get their hands on this yet? I keep hearing it's coming, it's coming. Haven't heard anything on Cherry. Sounds like my guy is giving me a choice on Cherry or Coffee, but i'll believe it when I see it and I think I am going coffee, it is one of my all time favs.
  20. danp14

danp14 Member

Is this the place by your place? If he's getting cherry i'd like to grab one. I have a bottle of Coffee locked up. Just have to make the drive to go get it, which won't be until mid-January most likely.
  21. raymo55

raymo55 Member

Any updates? I have seen Night Stalker...so its gotta be close.
  22. dman5400

dman5400 Member

I would definitely grab Cherry. There is lots of coffee in Chicago and you could trade for at least two.
  23. iceatalamo

iceatalamo Member

2? I want to get at least 6!

Maybe I will cave and get the Cherry just due to availability.
  24. mjshearer1

mjshearer1 Member

I haven't heard anything yet.

If I can get a Coffee, great, but I'm definitely gunning for Cherry since I've had Coffee before.
  25. imfrommichigan

imfrommichigan Member

Just got off the phone with Siciliano's. They said typically it's a 6 week waiting period after GI releases it to Chi. So 3 to 4 weeks? How long was it between regular BCBS?
  26. mjshearer1

mjshearer1 Member

That'd put us in January. That sounds about right with how BCS variants were last year. I remember picking up a Coffee and Bramble Rye in the area right around then.
  27. szmnnl99

szmnnl99 Member

Sounds like the eastside got some. Anyone else?
  28. MichPaul

MichPaul Member

I know I haven't heard of anything here on the West side as of yet unfortunately...
  29. szmnnl99

szmnnl99 Member

False alarm on my part, I found out they bought it in Chicago. Sorry all.
  30. raymo55

raymo55 Member

It's not looking to promising here in Michigan.

Looks like we are stuck with having to drink BB Plead the 5th, Monster 29, BB Monster 29, BB Batch 9000, Black Note, Bolt Cutter, Backwoods Bastard, BB4D, and Kuhnhenns Eisbocks and Meads......this really sucks!
  31. Steimie

Steimie Member

You forgot anything and everything from Short's.
  32. raymo55

raymo55 Member

Did that a purpose. :(
    bozodogbreath and RyanMM like this.
  33. Irishize75

Irishize75 Member

Haha a fate worse than death! ;) With this in mind, I'm pretty much over the hunt. If luck smiles upon me and I happen to stumble upon one in my travels, so be it. Otherwise, I will be more than happy to f with the stuff that is equally good and doesn't demand a search party to track down.
    jacob4999 and founder26 like this.
  34. buzze40

buzze40 Member

yeah... and that has to last until KBS comes out again.... I do have to say MI beer drinkers are spoiled.
  35. steebo777

steebo777 Member

Ouch.
  36. founder26

founder26 Member

coffee has made its way to michigan!
    trginter likes this.
  37. Tony412

Tony412 Member

Details...
  38. founder26

founder26 Member

drakes in kzoo HAD some...
  39. Tony412

Tony412 Member

Thank you, trying to gauge where exactly it has hit and when it might be on the east side of the state.
  40. rjm217

rjm217 Member

Yeah, other places in Kzoo also received today. My corner store only received 12 bottles.