1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

BCS Coffee and Cherry - MI Sightings

Discussion in 'US - Great Lakes' started by mjshearer1, Nov 21, 2012.

1. grr32

grr32 Zealot (95) Michigan Nov 7, 2012

All good, just trying to clarify what I heard and spread hope
    raymo55 likes this.
  2. Tony412

Tony412 Savant (255) Michigan Jan 26, 2012

I picked up coffee in Clawson today, sold out immediately.
  3. dblab33

dblab33 Savant (320) Michigan Dec 9, 2011

Is that because you bought them all??? Hoarder!! ;)
    Tony412 likes this.
  4. mjshearer1

mjshearer1 Savant (445) Michigan Dec 16, 2011

Half my fault, I should've been more specific as well.
  5. A shop in St. Clair Shores got three bottles of coffee this afternoon. I assume they are gone.
  6. szmnnl99

szmnnl99 Advocate (650) Michigan Apr 3, 2006

Any cherry sightings?
  7. Otis

Otis Aficionado (100) Michigan Oct 9, 2012

Kent beverage got coffee and cherry in today but the quantities are so limited that it's a who you know thing at the bottle shops.
  8. imfrommichigan

imfrommichigan Savant (460) Utah Jul 12, 2012

Nice car seat. I can't tell you how many times I've taken a car seat photo like that when I'm excited to show my girlfriend my haul... she usually doesn't give a shit but pretends to care.
    Savearth and mjshearer1 like this.
  9. My dad got a coffee tonight in Farmington Hills. I know some places in Wayne County had some last week, but this is the first I've heard of any shops in Oakland having any.
    vivasbeer likes this.
  10. Picked up 2 Coffee's and 1 cherry last week in Wayne county. It's out there. My bottle shop only got 4 bottles of cherry though. Glad I was one of the lucky ones
  11. Big John always has the hook up!!
  12. He claims this guy will have a case of BA Cereal Killer for him on Tuesday. Hoping I can get a few more off him if so..
  13. I got a couple for you if you want more....
  14. Might have to take you up on that offer.
  15. picked up 2 coffee in my travels Fri when it hit macomb and oakland - could not find a store that had or even got cherry ! sure its all gone by now
  16. mjshearer1

International Beverage on East Paris in GR just posted on their Facebook that they'll be getting in BCBS variants and Black Note this week.
    Hopeswimmer likes this.
  17. mjshearer1

This just hit Siciliano's today, per their Facebook:

imfrommichigan likes this.
  18. Steimie

Steimie Initiate (0) Michigan Jan 7, 2012

Ready, GO!
  19. imfrommichigan

I made it there and back in 25 minutes on the NE side! Glad I can finally sleep at night.
    MSEGUIN likes this.
  20. GRDave

GRDave Aficionado (185) Michigan Oct 7, 2011

Bailed form work for 20 minutes and got mine! They wouldn't say how much they got, only "enough to last about another hour". They had 3 Coffees and 1 Cherry on the counter when I got in there, but the guy was pulling more from under the counter.
  21. imfrommichigan

Good prices too!
  22. TheBeerDad

TheBeerDad Savant (325) Michigan Sep 6, 2012

I just made it back and all that was left was coffee... I'm like half happy, does that make sense?
  23. GRDave

Understandable, but there are other places in GR that still have some to sell. The game is afoot!
  24. TheBeerDad

Just got back from Smittys Specialty Bev, they had 4 bottles of cherry and coffee left when I got out of there about 30 minutes ago and international bev on east paris said there's will be in at 2, good luck everyone.
    mjshearer1 likes this.
  25. gauldk

gauldk Aficionado (115) Michigan Apr 12, 2011

I just sent my brother to Smitty's for me since I'm stuck at work. He got a Cherry and Coffee. It was right around the same time as TheBeerDad was there
  26. dblab33

Where's all the Cherry on the east side of the state?!? Super sadface.
  27. imfrommichigan

What were everyone's hauls today? I ended up with 4 Black Notes, 4 Coffees, and only 1 Cherry. A great day! Anyone end up with a large amount of Cherry Rye's that can help a brother out with another for the lady??

Edit: I only bought 4 Coffees because of how sad I was that every place was out of Cherry when I got there. Except for Siciliano's this morning!
  28. Kmccabe33

Kmccabe33 Savant (405) Georgia Nov 4, 2011

You can't share with the lady? That's awfully greedy
    raymo55, bstyle, mjohnson17 and 3 others like this.
  29. imfrommichigan

Haha she likes to buy her own so she feels like she's contributing. I share ALL of my beers with her and she's really starting to appreciate good beers. Don't be jealous! ;)
  30. mjshearer1

I ended up getting 4 Black Notes, 1 Coffee, and 1 Cherry over the past weekend. My wallet and I came to a compromise that I would moderate myself.
    TheBeerDad likes this.
  31. imfrommichigan

Comp - ro - mise? Never heard of it.
    mjshearer1 likes this.
  32. steebo777

steebo777 Advocate (535) Michigan Jun 30, 2009

I ended up with zero Cherry because InBev hates SE Mich.
    jacob4999 and szmnnl99 like this.
  33. dblab33

I found a nice stash of Coffee but have yet to find Cherry Rye. Lame.
  34. I got fairly lucky. Picked up a case of Black Note last week, and 2 coffee, 1 cherry, 1 Big John this week. My father in law also got a cherry at Siciliano's this morning.
  35. travMI13

travMI13 Savant (355) Michigan Jan 7, 2012

As far as I know, cherry rye came and went in Wayne county a couple weeks ago. I don't understand why Oakland is lagging behind this time. Makes no sense.
    szmnnl99 likes this.
  36. I had to make the roadie to "The Kool G Rap" today for work (that's Grand Rapids to the uninitiated) so when I heard the variants were showing up, I thought maybe I'd hit the jackpot. I already have enough coffee, but am hot to trot for a Cherry or four. Closest I got was a dude who said he had some, but was afraid to sell them without his boss there, who he thought might be keeping them for himself. I am however, 24 Black Notes richer than when I woke up this morning, so no complaints here.
  37. TheBeerDad

Yeah I feel as if my bank account is very mad at me, final count today, 2 coffee, 1 cherry, 5 black notes and 2 arcadia ba imperial stout... god bless us everyone
    mjshearer1 likes this.
  38. monitorpop

monitorpop Advocate (505) Michigan Oct 28, 2007

Here is what I picked up today:

[​IMG]
  39. GRDave

I promised my wife that I'm on "special release beer" purchasing hiatus until KBS release. Was lucky to find a Coffee at Pauly's in Lowell on Monday night. They also had 2 Arcadia BA CK and 1 BA Impy Stout...half price from what I paid at Siciliano's last week. Score! In all over the last week, 2 Coffee, 1 Cherry, 4 BN, 3 BA CK, and 2 BA IS. Ouch.
    TheBeerDad and adamdd like this.
  40. need a cherry !! local in grand rapids - will trade a 4 pack of black note if anyone is interested ?