1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

BCS Coffee and Cherry - MI Sightings

Discussion in 'US - Great Lakes' started by mjshearer1, Nov 21, 2012.

1. founder26

founder26 Savant (460) Michigan Sep 9, 2009

Man I wish I was rich! Ended up with 2 coffees, 1 cherry that I sold to another BA, and a 4 pack of blacknote

2. mjshearer1

mjshearer1 Savant (445) Michigan Dec 16, 2011

I'm in the same boat. The only thing that'll make me hunt down a beer before KBS is if BBPt5 hits anywhere near here. I _might_ also hunt down regular Pt5, but for now, I'm pretty satisfied with the beers I have.

TheBeerDad likes this.
  3. mcomben

mcomben Aficionado (230) Michigan Dec 2, 2008

I thought BBPt5 was brewery release only. Do they ever distribute it?

4. mjshearer1

mjshearer1 Savant (445) Michigan Dec 16, 2011

I thought I heard last year that they did. Could be totally making that up, though. I'm probably mistaking bottles that I've seen purchased from the brewery as bottles in distribution.

5. TheBeerDad

TheBeerDad Savant (345) Michigan Sep 6, 2012

I had to ensure my wife of the same thing as I walked out the door last night to walk to the local store up the road to pick up my 4 pack of black note. Though I have one more in between now and KBS, I have to make sure I get a decent amount of Plead the 5th.

6. MarcatGSB

MarcatGSB Initiate (0) Michigan Jan 8, 2011

Kegs are distro'd for sure, but I don't think they've ever sent bottles out, and never really have any need.

7. adamdd

adamdd Savant (330) Michigan May 9, 2011

On draft in Kalamazoo for beer week.

8. Steimie

Steimie Initiate (0) Michigan Jan 7, 2012

Are kegs distro'd and available for retail purchase, or just available for bars? I know they have kegs for tap takeover events all the time but I've never seen a store that has kegs of BBPt5 for sale on a retail level.

9. Where? I'm coming to Kzoo for a beer week event tonight; I'd like to try this beer.

10. adamdd

adamdd Savant (330) Michigan May 9, 2011

11. TheBeerDad

TheBeerDad Savant (345) Michigan Sep 6, 2012

Just a heads up for GR folk, I heard a rumor that BCBS is on tap at the electric cheetah right now, I haven't checked personally but my buddy is pretty solid when it comes to this stuff.

12. imfrommichigan

imfrommichigan Savant (460) Utah Jul 12, 2012

I made a thread about this on Monday. It's where I work.

13. imfrommichigan

imfrommichigan Savant (460) Utah Jul 12, 2012

PS... it's still there and NO ONE is getting it. Still plenty left. $8 for a 10 oz. pour.

14. strohme2

strohme2 Savant (440) Michigan Nov 3, 2007

Just thought I'd pass this along for those who still want a Coffee on the eastside. I just left a store that had 9 bottles sitting on the shelf. It's Algers Deli and Liquor on Mack Ave just east of Cadieux. $19.99 a bottle. No Cherry made it to the store though.

mlefevre, jacob4999 and szmnnl99 like this.
  15. mtrog313

mtrog313 Savant (300) Michigan Feb 28, 2012

Thanks for giving the heads up. Unfortunately not all BAs are into sharing the wealth like you, all 9 bottles were bought between 2 people shortly after you posted.

16. raymo55

raymo55 Savant (465) Michigan Oct 3, 2011

Welcome to Beer Advocate

strohme2 likes this.