1. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.

BCS has arrived

Discussion in 'US - Great Lakes' started by billywan, Nov 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tony412

Tony412 Savant (255) Michigan Jan 26, 2012

I won't be getting a single bottle of Cherry, a quick 1:1 trade would help us both out! :)

BreakingBad likes this.
  2. BreakingBad

BreakingBad Initiate (0) Sep 17, 2012

really? alright i'll see if I can get anymore. i only got one bottle and I drank it but come Friday I might be able to get 1-2 more. I would have been able to score more but I just didn't feel like asking people to mule for me.

Tony412 likes this.
  3. Steimie

Steimie Initiate (0) Michigan Jan 7, 2012

Lesson learned--try harder.

4. BreakingBad

i'm sure u'll get plenty of trades that way. The guy before me was actually nice and wasn't whining about not getting any. Maybe you should take that attitude to craigslist where selfish people belong.

5. Steimie

Steimie Initiate (0) Michigan Jan 7, 2012

Go back to page 6 of this same thread and look at one of your replies.

Not quite as cool when someone else does it to you, is it?

6. BreakingBad

that was to people who were whining about not being able to get some. I'm getting some Tuesday and I refused to mule. Just getting some from my local bottle shop. I was on the list early and I enjoy talking to the owner. Every time I go on an "excursion" I always hook him up with some of what I got and he'll set aside some stuff that flies off the shelves for me. Recently I brought him back a Surly Darkness because I was able to purchase 12. Notice I wasn't whining, I was just simply stating the fact that so far I was not able to land coffee and was able to land cherry rye, but that doesn't bother me at all. It's annoying people like you that call every bottle shop 12 times a day that give us a bad name. Just act like a normal person and actually get to know your bottle shop owner and then maybe they can hook you up.

7. CanisMajor

CanisMajor Savant (280) Indiana Oct 24, 2012

Is it all gone in the city? Heading into the city during the week.

Canis

8. It is all gone within an hour of it arriving. Right place, right time, unless you're on a list.

BreakingBad likes this.
  9. CanisMajor

CanisMajor Savant (280) Indiana Oct 24, 2012

That's what I assumed. I'm on a list in NW IN, was hoping I can get lucky and find a bottle of coffee.

10. "Murica"

Or am I quoting the wrong person? Which is to say I hope (sincerely!) you enjoy the 3 bottles. Most folks won't even get one, no matter how well they know the local beer guy.

11. BreakingBad

thanks. I shared the first one with 6 other people a couple days ago and it was amazing. No matter what I never drink a bottle to myself (Idk who can) I always share with friends and family. It's a damn good beer.

12. Brilliant move, then. Glad you worked hard enough to get yourself on the list for Cherry Rye. Or lists, rather. Have you managed to scrounge up 8 bottles yet? Because that's not absurd. Certainly not when this beer is so limited.

mcc1654 and nachos like this.
  13. BreakingBad

so you are being sarcastic? I still don't think 8 is out of the question. I didn't get near that and I don't have a problem with it. I honestly think people should be able to get as hard as they try. If you don't get any oh well, there will be other great beers. I remember there was a guy on here complaining he didn't get any cherry rye and he ended up getting a Rare at binny's lp. It's karma man, I may have scored a couple this time but I bet there's gonna be beers in my future I won't get and i'm okay with that. It's just beer man.

14. BreakingBad

person infront of me offered cause she didn't want to buy her allotment. I was gonna wait till 3 to buy the extra four but I took her up on her offer instead. Everyone that wanted darkness got it. the wristbands didn't sell out till 11

15. Step 1: Acquire large quantities of rare beer by trying very hard
    Step 2: Tell everyone else it's "just beer"

16. tinypyramids

tinypyramids Savant (480) Illinois Jul 19, 2012

my extreme luck in the raffle does not excuse the greed of others.

harrylee773 likes this.
  17. MarkIntihar

MarkIntihar Initiate (0) Michigan Mar 17, 2010

Ticket 91?

18. tinypyramids

96 - only got a rare, not the dude who won three things

MarkIntihar likes this.
  19. Samjuan12

Samjuan12 Aficionado (245) Illinois Jun 17, 2012

"only" got a rare ;) I was one number off.....18 got my rare...... ughhhhhh

BreakingBad and tinypyramids like this.
  20. PlayaPlaya

PlayaPlaya Savant (285) Illinois Sep 19, 2012

:D :biglaugh:

Breaking Bad is my favorite Beeradvocate member......Every post is better than the last.

He SCREAMS Dekalb resident........Truly the defenition of a life long Dekalb resident.
    Gotta love this town!!!

.....But on topic.....Having already had this years coffee and cherry....I'm sick of them both. Regular BCS is where its at.

21. Landed a coffee today when i got back to town, pure luck they had two behind the counter....keep the faith BA's

22. tinypyramids

hah. don't let the wording of my post make me sound any less grateful. i'm a lucky bastard, and it won't be traded.

Vav and Flabbyjandro like this.
  23. evilc

evilc Initiate (0) California Jan 27, 2012

I hate it when I only get a Rare :(

24. Samjuan12

CHERISH IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (I know you will)

:D

tinypyramids likes this.
  25. ravot

ravot Savant (460) Illinois Mar 20, 2012

ftfy

places i looked around got about 5 to 10 cases of coffee versus 1 case of cherry. i'd imagine coffee will be much easier to get. that being said, those places were sold out when i asked for it, except for one place.

tinypyramids likes this.
  26. Samjuan12

If i wasn't so drunk off of old rip van winkle right now I probably would have been on top of that.... thanks for fixing that.

Cheers!

apocalypsezombie likes this.
  27. Vav

Vav Savant (495) Illinois Jul 27, 2008

91 was not the apex of the bell curve...this one couple won 5 items between them.

MarkIntihar likes this.
  28. Tnudish

Tnudish Initiate (0) Wisconsin Feb 16, 2012

Saw them walking out with their haul, pretty impressive pulls.

29. Lansman

Lansman Savant (410) Illinois Mar 19, 2011

I was told yesterday that there are additional shipments of Cherry Rye that will be hitting distro this week, so keep the faith everyone. Having been out of town for the big releases this weekend, 'keep the faith' has been my mantra for the past week. Congrats to those who were able to grab a bottle!

Also, as of yesterday afternoon there was a case of Coffee still available at Milk & More (702 West Diversey). It was $29.99 a bomber, which seems to be a bit on the high end based on the pricing listed in this thread.

30. redsand22

redsand22 Aficionado (210) Illinois Mar 17, 2010

I have some coffee if anyone has a cherry or 2 they want to trade.

31. dvelcich

dvelcich Savant (340) Illinois Feb 6, 2008

I'm really surprised by the high prices I'm seeing people pay for Coffee. I've gotten several bottles, and all but one have been for less than $14.99, which was the one I bought from Castle Vav ($19.99) on Friday, which I almost passed on at that price, but hell, I was there with a wad of cash anyway. :rolleyes:

32. Anything over $20 is ridiculous for bcbcs ($20 is bad enough), considering the price last year was $12-13. I called some places in the West burbs Saturday and everyone wanted $23-25 for bcbcs so I would laugh and hang up.

da_bulls and dvelcich like this.
  33. I'll personally max out at about $20ish pre-tax.

34. Monsone

Monsone Savant (350) Illinois Jun 5, 2006

As was mentioned somewhere earlier, the places selling it for less than $14.99 probably are smaller stores that didn't check their wholesale price when they received the product. The wholesale price increased substantially, but the Mom and Pop's sometimes don't update the price when they already have the UPC in their system.

If Vav was selling it for $19.99 that should be probably taken as the low for the city. The burbs MAY be slightly lower, but only based on sales and other county and municipality type taxes.

ravot and MarkIntihar like this.
  35. AJDePaul

AJDePaul Savant (290) Illinois Jun 29, 2012

Whole Foods was $14.99. I would think they check their wholesale pricing fairly closely.

36. Jeffh97

Jeffh97 Aficionado (120) Missouri Jan 18, 2012

I can attest that this statement is not true( not the 15 case part). I picked up a bottle of Coffee last week and they told me next week on the Cherry Rye and that shop just called me to confirm my bottle of Cherry Rye arrived today.

37. I would put it closer to 100 cases.

38. PDZ

PDZ Savant (260) Illinois Jun 26, 2012

Agreed.

In my huntings so far in the burbs:
    Standard Market 18.99
    Binnys Willowbrook 19.99
    Prestige Liquors 27.99!!!

EDIT: This is for pricing info only... These are stores that had it on friday

39. Monsone

Monsone Savant (350) Illinois Jun 5, 2006

I would think they would too, but how many cases have you ever seen the price at Whole Foods to be 25% lower than Binnys?

40. AJDePaul

AJDePaul Savant (290) Illinois Jun 29, 2012

Zero to this point. Could be an oversight... they also asked me how many I wanted when I came to pick up my bottle from the waiting list after they called me. #newbeerguy ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.