BCS in Chicago

Discussion in 'US - Great Lakes' started by Mjmoser, Jan 4, 2013.

1. Mjmoser

Mjmoser Savant (410) Illinois May 6, 2012

I can't believe I am asking this, but does anyone know any places still selling regular Bourbon County at a decent price? I have been drinking this more than originally anticipated and would like to get some more but haven't been able to find any.

Thanks for the help.

2. i havent checked in the past week or so but the Dominick's by Depaul has had it in pretty steady since it came out and for about 21 bucks

3. Mjmoser

Thanks. I called and they said no, but not really confident in their answer since they had no idea what I was talking about. If you happen to see differently, please let me know!

Cheers

ravot likes this.
  4. ddskos

ddskos Aficionado (170) Illinois Apr 28, 2008

Cardinal Liquors on Central had some 4 packs this morning 24.99 each

5. i'll proly go by later today or tomorrow some time if they have it i'll BM you

6. Mjmoser

Thanks!

7. Beerlistman

Beerlistman Savant (265) Illinois Jul 9, 2009

It's funny you ask this because I was thinking the same thing. Freakin a week ago Binny's had cases stacked to the sky, now it is gone like a flash.

blueyodel and Mjmoser like this.
  8. blueyodel

blueyodel Disciple (60) Illinois May 14, 2011

I've also found myself hankering for another 4pk or two. Capones claims to have it on the shelf for $23.99. I hesitate to send any business their way, but if ya gotta have it.

9. leftyhyzer

leftyhyzer Savant (250) Indiana Jul 10, 2012

I met a ba there for a trade Monday evening. They had a couple cases and had a case of coffee at $24. I walked out with neither.

10. uggh i dont wanna pay 24 but i want another coffee...

11. That frickin guy. It is most likely $1-2 more than what he puts on beermenus. You'd think he would have realized that this trick is shitty and people don't like it.

funhog likes this.
  12. Stevedore

Stevedore Champion (990) Wisconsin Nov 16, 2012

Didn't see any regular BCBS while driving through Chicago 3 days ago and stopping by the 2 downtown Binny's. But Binny's on Grand had maybe 8 bottles of BCBCS just in case you wanted these too.

13. jegross2

jegross2 Advocate (715) Illinois Jan 3, 2010

I was just there NYE, did not see. In the back? If so, "FML, Shoulda asked." Oh well, the end of days, tilquin and cranpire worked equally well :)

14. funhog

funhog Savant (440) Illinois Mar 8, 2011

I walked in there looking for half a dozen beers they had online @ beermenus.com and by the time I got to the 4th or 5th beer on my list and they had none of them I walked out and made the choice to not go back. Simple.

sleuthdog and doogie71628 like this.
  15. Stevedore

It was on the top shelf of the GI display they had near the coolers. Sorta near the back. Not where they keep the bottles that have limits, near the registers.

16. Castle Vav, as of yesterday, still had some Coffee (or rather maybe just got in more Coffee) on the shelf for $19.99. Limit 2?

17. Vav

Vav Savant (495) Illinois Jul 27, 2008

Limit one.

Actually, the sign reads: "Bourbon County Coffee Is Limited To 1 Bottle Per Customer. And If You Already Got One, Maybe Leave It For Someone Else? 'Tis The Season..."

18. SWChi

SWChi Advocate (515) Illinois Oct 25, 2012

Any coffee out in the southwest burbs?

19. jbecke2

jbecke2 Aficionado (205) Illinois Oct 22, 2011

I can't stand Capones either. I've stopped there a couple times and had the same experience, Beer Menu prices are wrong and not available. Won't be going there anymore, I guess their name proceeds them.

20. SSGKIM

SSGKIM Disciple (70) Illinois Jan 6, 2013

The liquor store by Lawrence and Austin still has a couple bottles of cherry rye and I think the guy said a case of coffee left. I bought a bottle of each earlier today and it was 19.99

21. jbecke2

jbecke2 Aficionado (205) Illinois Oct 22, 2011

Just talked to them, they sold their last (3)bottles of cherry rye earlier but they do still have coffee.

22. How in the hell did they still have Cherry Rye??

23. 3 Cherry's still out there a little over a month after release??? I think our Chicago hoarding title should be stripped.

24. DanH11

DanH11 Aficionado (170) Illinois Feb 26, 2012

Sorry guys, must have been from the truck I was following when I got a flat.

jebsinger likes this.
  25. mjohnson17

mjohnson17 Advocate (585) Illinois Apr 29, 2012

Binnys on Grand has 8 Coffees left as of noon today. Sold out of regular BCBS. Obviously no Cherry.

26. great now i'm gonna try and sneak out of work early to snag one.

27. RC0032

RC0032 Aficionado (205) Illinois Mar 10, 2009

I was just there...are they in the back?

28. mjohnson17

Nope, they were on the top shelf of that little black wooden Goose Island shelf along with Big John and some 4 packs of Sofie, Pepe Nero and maybe a few bombers of Juilet or Sofie. The shelf is to the left of the mix-a-six rack.

29. i went by at about 3 and they were out :'(

30. mjohnson17

Bummer :( I hope someone didn't just grab all 8 because I didn't see a limit sign. I actually passed them up thinking someone else might enjoy the chance at some.

31. ppohio

ppohio Aficionado (185) Illinois Aug 5, 2011

D&D on Division has BCBS for $49.99 (no joke) and Coffee for $29.99 - what a deal! :rolleyes:

32. Stevedore

Man what a rip. But I guess thats why they still have them. Anyone see any BCBS at a reasonable price today? My fianceƩ is there to take a board exam and she might be able to stop by a place or two to pick up something good.

33. jakeox

jakeox Initiate (0) Illinois Dec 15, 2012

Warehouse Liquors still has a bunch of BCBCS at ~$22. At least they did a few hours ago.

34. Stevedore

Yeah these are what I was talking about. There were a bunch there and had no limit. I'm guessing some dude came by and bought them all.. too bad they didn't have any BCBS- I'd like to stock up on those for these cold Wisconsin winter months coming up..

35. thetomG

thetomG Savant (430) Illinois Feb 17, 2010

Wow - so the BCBS went from $38.99 on release to $49.99 already... unreal. That place just gets worse and worse. What a load of shit.

36. someone may wanna point this out to their distributors. then at least they should get a slap on the wrist..

when i first read that i was reading the BCBS as the cherry rye and thinking that although silly isnt as bad as iv seen it... but for a four pack... its funny because places like Dominicks have it for 20 or 21 a 4 case.

37. burica2020

burica2020 Savant (430) Illinois Nov 17, 2009

Has anyone tried the few month old coffee yet (or is this a second batch)? I cracked my second and final bottle last night, the coffee has faded pretty badly but holy cow did it turn into some sort of beautiful vanilla flavor. It was amazing!! Intrigued on how this one will age with that weird coffee turn vanilla flavor, now I must hunt down a bottle.

38. nharres

nharres Savant (305) Illinois Feb 8, 2012

Coffee has faded pretty badly? It has only been 2 months, lets not get carried away...

39. i got to try a bottle at Christmas and i'd say its lost some of the coffee. still very much there and I enjoyed the flavor

40. Drucifer

Drucifer Savant (495) Illinois Apr 16, 2012

For realz, I had my last 2010 on New Years and it was still very coffee forward. I was lucky to snag a few coffees this year and am definitely going to age at least one of them.