1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Bear Republic Finalizes Historic Deal With Cloverdale

Discussion in 'Beer News' started by nsheehan, Nov 10, 2013.

1. nsheehan

nsheehan Savant (485) Texas Jul 3, 2011

Teaser:
    "Bear Republic Brewing Company and the City of Cloverdale finalized a unique public-private partnership last week — the first of its kind, at least in the area.

Bear Republic will front the city nearly a half-million dollars so it can move forward with construction of water wells, and in turn, the city will build those wells faster so the local brewery can make more beer.

The advanced payment of the water capacity fees will enable the city to complete two new wells in advance of its project schedule and funding ability. Bear Republic can then move forward with plans to expand its facility — all subject to the city permitting requirements.
    "

http://bearrepublic.com/bear-republic-finalizes-historic-deal-city-cloverdale/#.Un_dOhB0mE8

Great to see what looks like City/Brewery cooperation, especially for such a good brewery that has quality brews at a good price, and well distributed.
    Though I am curious about how the booming craft industry will work with other industries to find solutions to the predicted water shortage around 2050.
    Cheers!
  2. tsauce2

tsauce2 Savant (440) Indiana Oct 12, 2011

Very cool. Brewery assists in civic service, gets something in return. Very sad they are pulling out of MI though.
  3. Great to see them working together on something like that.

Now if they would just distribute to the county I live in...
  4. CSpoons

CSpoons Aficionado (205) Delaware Nov 13, 2012

Wait, we're running out of water in 2050!?

:mad: