1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Beatification Batch 6 aka 011012

Discussion in 'US - Pacific' started by odiedog52, Mar 2, 2012.

1. Nope, i'm not a sour fan at all. I plan on going with a friend so I'll probably be trading more. Not looking for whales upon whales but good solid beers. Just wanna share what the west coast has for some good brews.

Cheers.
    hannydawg likes this.
  2. drgarage

drgarage Initiate (0) California Aug 19, 2008

Treating one of the best beers in the world as nothing more than a bargaining chip strikes me as sad. Might just be me.
  3. na, your probably right, but this is where we trade what we got.
  4. hannydawg

hannydawg Initiate (0) Illinois Apr 4, 2010

What is wrong with him getting the beer to people who will enjoy it in exchange for beers he will enjoy? Isn't this what our trading forum should be based upon? Just my .02.
    ales4baldo likes this.
  5. SHODriver

SHODriver Savant (420) Louisiana Aug 13, 2010

I have Friday off... I wonder if this will be similar to the shitshow that was PtY Day one this year.
  6. pinkgrenade

pinkgrenade Savant (250) California Aug 19, 2011

someone is jealous they dont live very close...
  7. drgarage

If he's doing it based on effective orders, I'm fine with it. Just hunting for trade bait you know you dislike, particularly when lots of locals who love it will be denied, I think is one of the things that frustrates me about beer today.
  8. A little trade bait, ya. It is. Effective orders, also what's happening. Who ever I end up shipping too will be happy and content. Hey, least i'm not looking to put these on Ebay, never!
  9. nogidrew86

nogidrew86 Aficionado (240) Nevada Aug 16, 2010

Unfortunately I don't. Jealous yea I do miss having russian river available to me before I moved to Las Vegas. Luckily for me a trading partner lives by the pub and is going to get me a bottle.

No sour grapes here! (although I would like another bottle of depuration!)
  10. drgarage

We can all agree that any trade is a billion times better than selling on ebay.
  11. Well said!
  12. xnicknj

xnicknj Advocate (730) Pennsylvania May 25, 2009

wasnt CBS 1000 cases? ;)
  13. wyatt

wyatt Savant (285) Louisiana Nov 18, 2009

if anyone wants to trade an extra bottle of this let me know. it has been a big want for a while.
  14. drgarage

I'd love one. I live in SF but can't get away on Friday. If it lasts until Saturday, I'll get it then. Have a friend who might be able to do Friday. I'll let you know if I have alternative means.
  15. Guess I'm taking another morning off from work....
  16. afrokaze

afrokaze Advocate (620) California Jun 12, 2009

See all you crazy bastards on Friday!
  17. SHODriver

SHODriver Savant (420) Louisiana Aug 13, 2010

what time is everybody planning on arriving and is anybody interested in some bottle sharing action if you're planning on getting there way early? I love being inebriated in the AM...
  18. Domeshot14

Domeshot14 Savant (270) California Jul 10, 2011

I plan on showing up late evening. If you are inebriated in the AM, I probably won't see you in the PM.
  19. DovaliHops

DovaliHops Savant (460) California Nov 16, 2009

Hopefully at time of opening. Won't be able to get there at 8:30 AM like I was for Batch 4.
  20. I'm thinking of being there a little early and getting some Pete's. I'd be down for a little bottle share later in the day if anyone will be there around noon.
  21. wsnich

wsnich Savant (410) Texas Apr 26, 2010

Will be flying in for this and wouldn't mind a bottle share and meeting some Cali BA's. Does RR allow bottle shares?
  22. Not officially, but they happen without interruption.
  23. jefeld

jefeld Aficionado (185) Illinois Mar 31, 2010

im praying this lasts until saturday, ill be driving from napa for the start of business saturday morning. you all think there is a solid chance it makes it past day 1?
  24. I won't be there super early in the morning. I'm going to take an early lunch at 11 and show up. I don't imagine there will be 1000+ people already in line by then.
  25. DovaliHops

If you plan on doing this on your lunch break, I hope your lunch break is a couple hours long. :)
  26. I'm taking an "extended" lunch break. So... As long as it needs to be :D
  27. FT: 4x Beatification b.5 ISO: PVW Eclipse or Old Fitzgerald! ;) I would do 6 Beatification for Old Fitzgerald Eclipse. :D And possibly more! :D

I am definitely looking forward to this release! I am hoping to be able to make it up there.
  28. Swuntly

Swuntly Initiate (0) California Nov 3, 2011

Plan on heading up from SD depending on if I get a new job or not. Hopefully I don't get hired until the week after this... ;)
  29. stupac2

stupac2 Initiate (0) California Feb 22, 2011

I'm thinking of showing up for a late lunch.
  30. afrokaze

afrokaze Advocate (620) California Jun 12, 2009

Not sure if I'm coming up Friday or Saturday, depends on the work situation, but I'd be down for a small bottleshare.
  31. Epical8

Epical8 Aficionado (120) California Dec 30, 2010

When does everyone think they sell out? When did they last year?
  32. DovaliHops

This beer is not released on a yearly basis... but the last release was in December if I remember right. The beers lasted about 20 minutes. This release is a lot larger batch though.
  33. Epical8

Epical8 Aficionado (120) California Dec 30, 2010

If this batch is 20 times the size of the last batch and the last batch sold out in 15 mins. Then that would mean that this batch would sell out in 5 hours. Thoughts?
  34. I don't think it is a linear function. It should also be a bit larger than 20 times last batch (see earlier in the thread).
  35. But remember that the bottle limit is 6 this time, as opposed to 2 for batch 4. So that'll sway the amount of time it takes them to sell out as well.
  36. stupac2

A release where 100 people can get beer will sell out much, much faster than a release where 2000 people can get beer. It won't simply be "20x longer", because 2k people aren't going to line up in Santa Rosa on a Friday morning (it wasn't even close to that for Younger). Plus there's a difference between an allocation for $30 and for $90.

There's some psychology to it, too. Last time they made it known it was a very small batch, while this time they gave specific bottle numbers. So people were probably a bit more inclined to line up early last time, since that was going to be the only way to get it.

My guess is that it'll make it through Saturday. I said that last time, but I also thought the last release wasn't going to be like 200 bottles. I still think they'd have been better off saying nothing about that release and letting the first few people in the door for this one buy a couple bottles, but whatever.
  37. futura123

futura123 Savant (330) California Jul 29, 2010

I love them for announcing the release. Living 2 hours away from Santa Rosa prevents me from being there all the time. When they release the information, I can make plan and ask for morning off. Actually if they didn't announce Beat b4, there is no way I could buy the bottles.
  38. stupac2

Well I'm saying that with a release that small I think doing a normal release day is suboptimal, and I would've combined the releases. This isn't to my benefit or anything, I doubt I'll be one of the first few hundred in the door, it just seems a bit silly to me to release 300 bottles of one batch, and then three months later release 12000 of the next batch.
  39. futura123

futura123 Savant (330) California Jul 29, 2010

Maybe they want to quench the thirst of people waiting Beatification for so long. Getting them a few month earlier is always better. Beat 4 is a wonderful Christmas gifts for a lot of people. I put one of them under the tree for the wife and I know a few people used them as gifts for significant others.
  40. nanobrew

nanobrew Initiate (0) California Dec 31, 2008

that would have been cool. 5 bottle Beat 5, 1 bottle Beat4. More beer overall, each one last longer.