1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Beck's US

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by MP72, Feb 18, 2013.

1. MP72

MP72 Aficionado (240) Pennsylvania Sep 25, 2006

Just out of curiosity does anyone know if Beck's kegs still come from Bremen Germany or are they brewed in St Louis under license too.

2. [​IMG]
    Not sure "under license" applies, since AB and Beck's are both ABInBev breweries, but it's possible for legal/tax or other reasons that "Anheuser-Busch InBev Deutschland" licenses it to "Anheuser-Busch Companies, USA".

The draught versions of US-brewed Beck's and Bass are somewhat more deceptive than the labeled bottles, which are pretty clear that the beers are now brewed domestically. The tap handles are not so forthcoming (and in most cases, probably the same handles as when they were imported products).

3. steveh

steveh Champion (765) Illinois Oct 8, 2003

Dunno -- PRODUCT OF THE USA seems pretty clear cut, not to mention the BREWED BY BRAUEREI BECK & CO., ST. LOUIS, MO.

Do they really spell brewery that way in Missouri? ;)

4. Not very clear-cut for the guy sitting at the bar, watching the bartender pull a handle labeled "Imported". ;)

[​IMG]

(Especially if that plastic cap was "disposed of properly").

It's the "Show-Me" state - maybe the guy who showed them was a transfer employee fresh from Bremen? :eek:

5. steveh

steveh Champion (765) Illinois Oct 8, 2003

Yeah, I knew that's what you meant -- but that guy ought to be a little more proactive in his beer choices, don't you think? ;)

After all, the brewery's move to St. Louis has been well publicized! :D

6. MP72

MP72 Aficionado (240) Pennsylvania Sep 25, 2006

Sounds like its brewed here. I was just curious. Thanks for the replies