Beer and Blackhawks...

Discussion in 'Great Lakes' started by IPAescotch, Mar 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IPAescotch

IPAescotch Initiate (0) May 8, 2010 Ohio

Hey y'all never been to chicago but im bringing my brother up to look at colleges and i just got tickets to a blackhawks game. Any hockey/beer fans in the chicago area know of any good bars outside or around the stadium? Also gonna be there for a few days so if there are any other places (beer oriented) in chicago that i should definitely see once let me know!

Thanks

2. Tnudish

Tnudish Initiate (0) Feb 16, 2012 Wisconsin

Third Rail has some decent taps on and is a short walk over to the UC

http://thirdrailtavern.com/

West End is a popular bar, but it gets fucking crazy before/after games. Billy Goat is always good, especially if you want a cheap burger, but I would highly recommend just going to the Third Rail Tavern.

IPAescotch likes this.
  3. mcc1654

mcc1654 Initiate (0) Mar 20, 2011 Illinois

Check out Haymarket. They run shuttles to the game and have good beer and ok food.

IPAescotch likes this.
  4. Bay01

Bay01 Initiate (0) Nov 19, 2008 Illinois

The only time it's a good idea to go to a Blackhawks game is when the Red Wings are in town so that there will be some real hockey fans in the house, but there is a free shuttle from Haymarket to Blackhawks games.

http://www.haymarketbrewing.com/

AnnArborJoe, adamdd, mlefevre and 2 others like this.
  5. mbockstruck30

mbockstruck30 Pooh-Bah (1,776) Dec 31, 2010 Illinois
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Beer Bistro on Madison usually has a better lineup than Third Rail and also has their own shuttle to/from the UC.

http://thebeerbistro.com/

6. SpunkyHopslammer

SpunkyHopslammer Initiate (0) Jan 18, 2011 Illinois

Lots of choices along Madison The Beer Bistro (great selection) is my favorite, the Twisted Spoke twistedspoke.com is close by. The Billy Goat doesn't have any craft selections but is an option for a burger but it has to be a double "no single".

IPAescotch likes this.
  7. SAEmick

SAEmick Initiate (0) Jan 16, 2010 Illinois

another vote for Haymarket. Very good beer, good food (get The Riot), and free shuttle....with free beer on the shuttle!

8. JakeT469

JakeT469 Initiate (0) Jan 13, 2012 Colorado

I highly recommend Haymarket. As stated already, they have a free shuttle to and from Hawks and Bulls games excluding Friday and Saturday games. Also, the cherry on top is free growlers of beer on the shuttle. The Bottom Lounge also runs a free shuttle to and from Hawks games and has a decent draft and bottle selection. Free street parking around Haymarket and Bottom Lounge has their own parking lot with free parking for those that are going to the game.

9. IPAescotch

THanks all ill definitely be checking out the haymarket before the game. Beer bistro and third rail also sound great, well see what happens.

Once again i appreciate the input!

10. Nachos4two

Nachos4two Pooh-Bah (1,944) Nov 26, 2011 Illinois
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Pretty close to United Center is Twisted Spoke: great food and a plethora of taps!

11. pmoney

pmoney Initiate (0) Apr 15, 2011 Illinois

Psssh. This is a troll thread. Everyone knows you don't have any money left for beer if you bought tickets to a Blackhawks game. :grinning:

12. willseph

willseph Initiate (0) Jan 31, 2011 Illinois

I second the Beer Bistro. My favorite bar in the city, great food specials and great beer list.

13. IPAescotch

Very well done pmoney :wink:

14. Duffman929

Duffman929 Initiate (0) Nov 27, 2010 Illinois
    Trader

Fixed for reality.

Oh, and I like Haymarket, but Beer Bistro is closer, has awesome tots, and also has a shuttle.

Next post I'll tell you how I really feel. :sunglasses:

15. willseph

willseph Initiate (0) Jan 31, 2011 Illinois

Took the words right outta my mouth.

16. Bay01

Bay01 Initiate (0) Nov 19, 2008 Illinois

[​IMG]

AnnArborJoe, Duffman929 and willseph like this.
  17. Duffman929

Duffman929 Initiate (0) Nov 27, 2010 Illinois
    Trader

Yeah, but Michiganders have more of a mullet.

mbockstruck30 and Bay01 like this.
  18. nucmedmario

nucmedmario Initiate (0) Sep 1, 2010 Illinois

i'm going to agree with those who said beer bistro. free shuttle, great beer list, good food. can't be beat.

19. AnnArborJoe

AnnArborJoe Zealot (534) Jan 18, 2011 Michigan
    Trader

[​IMG]

IPAescotch and MarkIntihar like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.