1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Beer at your local sporting arena/stadium

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by RaulMondesi, Jan 14, 2013.

1. Masemob

Masemob Disciple (60) Florida Aug 27, 2013

Lucky for me CCB is on tap at the Rays games here in Tampa. :)
  2. e34john

e34john Aficionado (155) California Jul 22, 2013

Wow, didn't know Celtic games were dry. That is horrible news.

Do they change that rule for big UEFA events?
  3. Citizen Bank Park, home of the Phillies, does have a good craft selection all around the ballpark, but most especially in and around Ashburn Alley. They have a lot of local/regional craft like Yards, Victory, Dogfish, Flying Fish, Troegs, etc.
    PPL Park, home of the MLS' Union, also has a good craft selection, again mirroring what what CBP does and going with a strong local contingent. Even the Susquehanna Center across the river in Camden, NJ has upgraded their beer selection by leaps and bounds the past couple years. Once more, loads of local beers but I also had a Lagunitas IPA when I went to either Mumford and Sons or The Killers this past year. But easy to find local craft beers.
    I've only been the The Linc (Lincoln Financial Field, home of the Eagles) a few times and their selection was decent but hard to track down a good beer station. I remember having Guinness there, but also remember thinking they need to step up their selection like CBP. It has been over a year since I've been there.
    The Wells Fargo Center, home of the Flyers/Sixers, also needs to step up their craft selection, though like the Linc it's been over a year since I've been there for a Flyers game or a concert. Their craft beer stations are hard to find. Even in the VIP boxes (got lucky once and scored tix for The Police in one of the suites) only had cans of BMC, Heiny and Corona. I had to walk around the concourse to find a stand with Sierra PA, Sam Adams and Smithwicks. Best I could find. The ground floor bar had Red Hook and some of the other InBev 'craft' beers. They used to have a small brewpub inside, Red Bell, but I have heard it's no longer there.
  4. Jacurdy60

Jacurdy60 Savant (355) Alabama Jan 23, 2013

Bryant Denny Stadium in Tuscaloosa, AL. Alcohol sold: none. Alcohol available: whatever liquor I decide to smuggle into the stadium in a flask.
  5. planbee

planbee Savant (365) North Carolina May 28, 2009

PNC Arena in Raleigh has a decent selection for the Hurricanes games as well as concerts. There's one dedicated Foothills bar/alcove with 4 taps (normally Hoppyum, People's Porter, Torch Pilsner, and Pilot Mountain Pale) and then scattered stands with Foothills/Cottonwood and usually an Aviator selection or two. Nothing spectacular but totally serviceable in the grand scheme of things. I love Foothills so the PNC selection gets an above-average rating from me.
    nchophead likes this.
  6. I think you can drink in the corporate and hospitality areas, but not in the normal seats, you'll be limited to soft drinks.
  7. I seem to remember being able to get a Sam Adams for $12 or something at Turner Field. BMC is like $8 for a 16 oz at the GA Dome.

I love ATL, but not for this =/
  8. nc41

nc41 Advocate (650) North Carolina Sep 25, 2008

The GSO Grasshoppers have Natty Green stuff, really not much better than BMC though. Being a Phillie fan I have to 2nd the CBP beer selection mentioned, they've made great strides every year.
  9. I went to a Pawsox game and was thrilled to find, buried, a local beer stand with Foolproof, Revival and even beautiful Gansett.
  10. Jonnyoutlaw

Jonnyoutlaw Initiate (0) Kentucky Sep 12, 2013

I can not say enough about Rhinegeist and at the other end of the stadium Madtree, Cincinnati is really starting to awaken these lack of beer taste people and I love it.
  11. We have a Foothills Brewing bar in the outfield of our Minor League Baseball Team.:D
  12. Bsetz

Bsetz Savant (295) Missouri Aug 29, 2013

I'm going to the game there this Thursday vs the Heat. Any good beers to speak of on tap? Or is moose drool my best option? Thanks
  13. DelMontiac

DelMontiac Advocate (620) Oklahoma Oct 22, 2010

Been a while, but the best I found at the time was Moose Drool. It was inside a pub, but I don't remember which one.
  14. The bar by Gate 6 of the United center has decent beers. I Usually have some Goose Island or Redhook offerings at. Blackhawks games.

But for the most part, I prefer tailgating (Bears and Sox). ;)
    Johnny_Muir likes this.
  15. ZagZagg

ZagZagg Savant (375) Pennsylvania May 13, 2008

I've noticed GI showing up at various venues recently, Flyers games and WingBowl in particular. The offerings have always been 312 or Honkers, which I think are just okay. Along with the elevated (from a $7.00-8.00 base) 'premium' or 'craft' price I think I'll drink a Yuengling.
  16. BobbySue22

BobbySue22 Aficionado (215) Oregon Nov 11, 2012

The Eugene Emeralds (Minor League Baseball) have a craft beer garden where you can get Ninkasi and Oakshire beers.
  17. RustyElbow

RustyElbow Disciple (60) Georgia Jan 26, 2014

Last time I was at Turner Field I paid $8 for a 16oz Bud, and $10 for a 24 oz Yuengling...I felt so terrible paying those prices.
  18. SFACRKnight

SFACRKnight Advocate (595) Colorado Jan 20, 2012

I was happy to watch the avs beatt the crap out of the sabres (cody mac!) with a cold dale's in my hand.
  19. denver10

denver10 Champion (890) Kentucky Nov 17, 2010

Being able to grab an Odell 90 Schilling or Oskar Blues Dales Pale Ale at a Rockies game keeps me more than satisfied. I just wish they were more readily available than they are. 3 locations only for the general public, all on the ground concourse only.
  20. It's the worst, man. The absolute worst.
  21. cnbrown313

cnbrown313 Savant (420) Illinois May 29, 2012

I've actually never had a Yuengling... we don't have that option here in Chicago, at sporting events it's either Miller / Bud light ... or Goose Island / Deschutes for $1 more. I don't even think about it and go with the decent beer. With GI, we also have Green Line IPA and whatever is seasonal available as well though
  22. Surly Darkness at the Target Center for the Timberwolves game.
  23. MarkAvery

MarkAvery Zealot (85) Massachusetts Dec 23, 2013

I live in Boston. Fenway beers are absolutely ridiculous!! And horrible selection, in fact there are no arena's/stadiums with good beer selection. just overpriced Bud products. Unless I'm totally missing the super top secret awesome beer spot in these places.
  24. atrocity

atrocity Advocate (575) Virginia Dec 18, 2013

I know when I went to see a Padre's game they had 4 different things on tap from Kona.
  25. Elland Road has Foster's (bleurgh) and John Smith's Extra Smooth (double bleurgh), but since you can't drink in the stands you've got to neck the stuff anyway. After games you can go to a bar that sells Theakston's Best Bitter, which is the best stuff you'll get.
  26. ratmoss

ratmoss Savant (275) Illinois Sep 11, 2005

Towards the end of the season at Soldier Field, I stumbled upon a little cart on the 200 level selling Revolution Anti-Hero, Two Brothers Night Cat, and a couple of other decent craft offerings. Beats the hell out of the Leine's cart in my usual 300 level stomping grounds.

Conversely, Wrigley Field absolutely sucks. Bud, Bud Light, Old Style, and if you're willing to seek it out, Heineken, Amstel, Labatts, and Modelo. That's it. That's the list.

27. I saw that. Too bad they were slush within 2 minutes!!! $9 each too! F. Dat!
  28. Ravenhill stadium. We sure as hell dont have any craft type beers at any stadiums anywhere in the country, but a good pint of Guinness is good enough for me. There is usually Heineken too, if it's a Heineken Cup game.
    OldRickSputin likes this.
  29. Wow, baseball is here! At Les Murakami Stadium (Hawaii baseball), just your typical local fare of Heinekens and Miller. Though they had Gordon Biersch, which leaves much to be said. Aloha Stadium fared just slightly better, having Blue Moon and Newcastle. No one even had Guinness.

Turner Field in ATL had Terrapins...namely Hopsecutioner (for sale BTB in the atrium area where you come in. They also had a "Premium Beer" stand with I think Blue Moon and maybe Heineken.

Chase Field left much to be desired, as I only saw Blue Moon and Sam, aside from the BMCs. I didn't really explore much there, though.

ATT Park was by far the best, if only just for the Anchor stand. Then I found the Public House and wanted to move in.
  30. Moose Drool from Montana?
  31. Local minor league ball club in Billings MT had a few local brews on tap for $3.50, now thats a deal.
  32. Mylan Pushkar Stadium Morgantown West Virginia Home of the Mountaineers

Beer: Bud Light, Coors, etc Craft Beer Sold: Morgantown Brewing Products: Alpha Blonde Ale 5.1% ABV and Zack Morgan's Pale Ale 6.7% ABV

Coming soon: Wine for the ladies
  33. Here in the Tri-Cities we have a small arena (the Toyota Center) for our WHL hockey team and indoor football league team. Craft brew selections have been historically poor. They recently changed some of their offerings and now we get to choose from: Ice Harbor IPA (a solid IPA from a local brewery), Iron Horse Brewing Irish Death (a dark ale from a semi-local brewery), Deschutes Inversion IPA, Blue Moon Hefe, and three beers from another local brewery (Rattlesnake Mountain Brewing) who has concession stand there (usually their Red, Nut Brown, and IPA). Not the best tattoo lost but better than the Coors, Miller Lite, and Budweiser options.
  34. DelMontiac

DelMontiac Advocate (620) Oklahoma Oct 22, 2010

Yep, Big Sky.
    Johnny_Muir likes this.