1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Beer Bar Near Paradise Rock Club

Discussion in 'US - New England' started by jstilwell, Nov 21, 2012.

1. Where do you recommend going before a show?

Sunset?

2. Sunset might be a little closer, but The Lower Depths isn't too far away in the opposite direction.

3. emannths

emannths Savant (390) Massachusetts Sep 21, 2007

I'd take Deep Ellum over Sunset if it's not full.

4. huuvola

huuvola Savant (290) Massachusetts Oct 29, 2005

5. Remember there are 2 Sunsets. The Sunset Cantina is actually closest (3 minute walk to Paradise), and it has decent brew selection. The Sunset Grill & Tap has the bigger selection, but is more like a 13 minute walk.

I like Deep Ellum better than both, but that's maybe a 20 minute walk.

6. If you have a lot of time go Deep Ellum. If you are short on time and/or want convenience then Sunset Cantina will do you just fine for an hour or two.

7. Couldn't agree more with the advice offered here. Sunset Cantina for closeness, Sunset Grill for selection, but Deep Ellum all the way if it's not too crowded (which it almost always is, at least after 8pm).

And yeah, the Avenue is also stop-worthy. I'm sitting at the bar at this very moment, enjoying a Kiwi Rising, which they still have on tap.

8. TasteTheWaste

TasteTheWaste Zealot (75) Aug 9, 2012

I don't have any input, but I love your avatar

9. pjl44

pjl44 Initiate (0) Massachusetts Oct 3, 2008

I would just hit the Sunset Cantina for convenience sake. As awesome as Deep Ellum is, if you get hung up it's a bit of a walk. I hate stressing out about missing part of the set.

BleepBloopBlap likes this.
  10. yea too bad thats not the show!

thanks all for the feedback.

11. Go to Eastern Standard and drinks a bunch of Duvels.