1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Beer Company with the least & most professional-looking labels?

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by Jake351, May 27, 2012.

1. One of the worst has to be Hoppin' Frog Brewery.
    damngoode and stoneageradio like this.
  2. tozerm

tozerm Savant (365) Washington Jul 1, 2005

Curious if you are referring to the labels on the year-round beers or the limited releases like Triskaidekaphobia, Plant 1 Powerhouse IPA, Louis Quatorze, and the new Schooner Zodiac Kolsch?
  3. reykjavik

reykjavik Zealot (75) Virginia Jan 19, 2011

I can't believe Great Divide isn't getting more love! Definitely my favorite labels, primarily because of their minimalistic style and consistency. Favorites include Hoss (love that plaid), Old Ruffian, and the Yeti clan, but they're all pretty much flawless.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  4. bsp77

bsp77 Savant (490) Minnesota Apr 27, 2008

But the baby has man hands
    creepinjeeper likes this.
  5. One more benefit of beer for breakfast (granted, your daughter might not be crazy about it).
  6. match1112

match1112 Initiate (0) Illinois Mar 2, 2011

[​IMG]

Gotta go local for nice lookin labels. I like it when the brewery uses the K.I.S.S. method on their labels and lets the beer speak for it's self.
  7. You can't tell a book by its cover; you can't tell a beer by its label - so why bother?
  8. Jfriz25

Jfriz25 Savant (275) Wisconsin Jun 8, 2012

I've always thought New Glarus and Central Waters both have average/cheap looking labels considering their beers are mostly terrific.
  9. Worst Labels ever Minhas of Monroe, WI....Worst beers ever...Minhas of Monroe!
  10. Talk about KISS, this is as good as it gets. Great simple but effective label.
    jglowe77 and BeerKangaroo like this.
  11. DevilsCups

DevilsCups Savant (330) New York Mar 3, 2010

Paper choice for the label helps a ton, I think. If it were a normal, plastic like label it wouldn't be effective. That rough, textured paper really looks great.
  12. damngoode

damngoode Savant (305) Indiana Sep 22, 2010

I actually thought the BA Naked Evil labels were an improvement!
  13. Yeah, the frog wasn't there...
  14. Jason

Jason Founder (1,300) Massachusetts Aug 23, 1996 Staff Member

All time least professional due to looking so fake ... failure before the beer was even brewed.

[​IMG]
  15. tewaris

tewaris Advocate (595) Minnesota Jul 14, 2009

Is this for real? Never seen 'em.
  16. Jason

I don't think they made it past the handful of test market cities they sent it to ...
  17. litheum94

litheum94 Initiate (0) California Dec 29, 2008

My worst/favorite right now is Knee Deep, specifically Hoptologist. I used to think it was corny as hell and didn't like it, but now its grown on me and I actually like it.
  18. When was this? I slightly remember these being in the Twin Cities market for a very short time.
  19. Jason

2008, same year they were launching their MGD 64.
  20. I do remember these! They were out, and some customers were irate when they disappeared.
  21. incutrav

incutrav Savant (315) Minnesota Jan 16, 2007

I think Twin Cities were a test market for them, i recall seeing them around as well.
  22. Stinger80OH

Stinger80OH Advocate (640) Ohio Nov 11, 2011

Best Art Reflecting Product Sold: Great Lakes Brewing Company
    Best Overall Designs: Flying Dog, DFH
    Most Professional Looking: GI, The Bruery, FW, Alesmith
    Ugliest: Magic Hat
  23. tozerm

tozerm Savant (365) Washington Jul 1, 2005

Just out of curiosity, are you referring to the traditional labels on the year round beers or the new special releases like Triskaidekaphobia, Louis Quatorze, Plant 1 Powerhouse, or Schooner Zodiac Kolsch?
  24. BeerNDoggerel

BeerNDoggerel Savant (340) Illinois Mar 13, 2011

Flossmoor Station and Two Brothers are very professional, as are Boulevard's.

My all-time favorite is no longer used: the previous Crooked Tree IPA label--very zen.
  25. Best labels Anchor Christmas BY far !!!
    Worst anything Magic Hat does ...including the BEER inside !!
    Plain but awesome Bruery
  26. i always thought new glarus had terrific labels. nice quality paper and good subtle art.
  27. stealth

stealth Advocate (545) Minnesota Dec 16, 2011

I can't stand the Weyerbacher labels. That damn comic sans-like font.
  28. mcrago

mcrago Savant (335) Indiana Oct 6, 2012

Why does everyone think it's a baby? I don't see a baby at all, plus it doesn't make any sense that it's a baby....
  29. it has baby proportions. an adults head wouldnt be that big.
  30. Pliny the Younger - Comic Sans

CONTEST OVER
  31. ThirstyFace

ThirstyFace Initiate (0) New York Jan 11, 2013

great label and great beer