1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Beer Day in Waterloo, Ontario

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Jeffo, Jun 30, 2013.

1. Jeffo

Jeffo Advocate (640) Netherlands Sep 7, 2008

Hi everyone,

Time for the 3rd annual Beer Day at my place this summer. Hopefully the weather cooperates and we can all get together for a good time this year. Here are the details:

Date: Sunday 28 July
    Time: 2pm
    Place: My house in Waterloo

I'll be bringing a few things back from Holland and there's some stuff I still have in Waterloo I'd like to share. Probably 6-8 bottles in total. I will also take care of hamburgers and condiments for everyone who decides to come and hang out. There is also a pool in our back yard, so feel free to bring the swim trunks as well. Families are welcome as long as there are enough adults to keep an eye on the kids.

For you guys, think of bringing two large format bottles (or equivalent) to share with the group. Try to think of something interesting that we can't just go down and grab at the LCBO on the way over. Also, it'd be great if you could bring some kind of snack as well. Perhaps a small bag of chips, nuts, or cheese. Just something small to snack on.

There's no real limit on the number of people, so feel free to bring a beer friend along. I'm not on Bar Towel, so if you know someone over there who'd be interested, invite them along.

Please post in the thread if you're coming and how many people you are bringing. I will start a convo later on and shoot you all my address. If there are any questions, please post them in the thread.

Thanks everyone,
    Jeff

PS: If anyone homebrews and wants to share, that would be lots of fun too.
    Rutager and oldp0rt like this.
  2. Sounds fantastic! Terry and I will both look forward to participating again. Cheers, Emma
  3. Jeffo

Good stuff! Will be great to see you guys again.
  4. May try to make the trip up. Depends on the work schedules though.
  5. Jeffo

Always a spot for you to crash too man. No brick walls allowed this time though...
  6. But i have it for actual nintendo now... looks awful on 42" plasma.
    Jeffo likes this.
  7. Would've loved to have made it out this year Jeff, but alas I'll be attending the Michigan Craft Brewers Guild festival :)
  8. Will be there with a few friends, who each have something to contribute. I've got a couple of Quebec brews to bring, as well as a couple new ones from Michigan I've been meaning to try.
    hopsolutely likes this.
  9. Jeffo

Cool stuff Matt. See you soon!

Jeff
  10. Jeffo

Sunday is fast approaching. Still plenty of room for anyone who wants to hang out. Don't be shy :)

Cheers,
    Jeff