1. The BeerAdvocate Store is back! Pre-order your stuff now. Items begin shipping Dec 15. Christmas deadline = Dec 18 @ 5pm EST.
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Beer forgotten on vacation/after party

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by LostTraveler, Jan 13, 2013.

1. LostTraveler

LostTraveler Savant (375) Maine Oct 28, 2011

Just realized when I got back from vacation that I forgot a fresh growler of Edmund Fitzgerald in my parents refrigerator. I know almost everyone has had something similar happen to them. What is the bigest thing you forgot, lost had come up missing. Forgot something in a fridge, forgot something at a friends house after a party tasting, something come up missing in your luggage when flying?

2. AleWatcher

AleWatcher Advocate (720) Illinois Jan 25, 2009

I went to a family party with the wife and kids and a few bottles of Cantillon.
    We were halfway home when I realized I'd forgotten to take 2 unopened bottles back with me...
    And I realized I left my wife there as well... It was quite the conundrum: going back to get my beer meant the wife would join us as well.

Luckily it all worked out. I just called my aunt and asked that she watched the bottles and my wife for a few days so I could find time to get over there after work.

jhartley, teorn88, PaulQuinn and 2 others like this.
  3. Left 5 or 6 cans of dales pale at a friends house last weekend. no big deal, since they won't go to waste.

4. I have left hundreds of gallons of processed beer in various receptacles over the years.

jhartley, Bnoise11 and beerborn like this.