1. Don't miss our 7th annual American Craft Beer Fest featuring 640+ beers from 140+ brewers this May 30 & 31 in Boston, MA! Buy your tickets now!
  2. BeerAdvocate on your phone?! True story. Try the beta now.

Beer Geeks TV

Discussion in 'US - Midwest' started by herman77, Sep 8, 2013.

1. herman77

herman77 Member

http://beergeeks.tv/

I happened to stumble upon this last night. It was a pretty good show. It focused on The Lost Abbey. Turns out it is the same show that used to be on locally here (channel 45 I believe), but they just took it to the next level (new production and a new host). Needless to say it is way better now compared to what it used to be. Anyone else see it last night or even hear that they were remaking this? Kind of surprised I never heard anything about it.
  2. jds8411

jds8411 Member

I heard about it a couple of months ago when they were filming not too far from where I live. They were letting people on facebook know to contact your local t.v. stations to get them to broadcast it. I didn't realize one of my local stations had picked it up until I was going through the guide to see what football games were on today. Just watched the first episode and I loved it.
  3. theCoder

theCoder Member

Wow looks like they overhauled the show. I last saw it years ago, met the guys at Darkness Day 2010 and the Fulton brewery opening. But it was all local MN stuff only then. I knew it was premiering last night with it's new national syndication and I spaced it off, bad beer geek i am.
  4. HomeBrewed

HomeBrewed Member

Really glad they changed hosts, that other guy was a tool. Sucks that Jim, from Blue Max, isn't on it anymore. Bummer.
  5. EddieB23

EddieB23 Member

Thanks for watching the show guys, we will have 21 more episodes with one airing every week, (Hair of the Dog is this coming week) we are working on a better time slot but for right now unfortunately, that is up to the station that is airing us. We are currently in the process of trying to get it streamed or online as well.
  6. Hanzo

Hanzo Member

Ok, requested it to be shown in my area....but until then, anywhere to stream it?
  7. truthbrew

truthbrew Member

Hanzo, not currently... broadcast only.
  8. opwog

opwog Member

I stumbled on this, as well. I didn't know if it was new, old or whatever. Pretty well done and interesting that as more time (from the point that I picked it up) was spent on the food truck, than on the beer. And as much as I love Mongo, I have no idea what Tomme was thinking about recommending it for a pairing. It is a monstrous beer.
  9. Otis32

Otis32 Member

10. Cyclone8

Cyclone8 Member

Could someone post when it's on in the Twin Cities (and what channel)? I'd love to check it out!
  11. whudathunkett

whudathunkett Member

12. jera1350

jera1350 Member

Mondays 12:30 AM (or late Sun. night if you will) on channel 29.
  13. Cyclone8

Cyclone8 Member

Thanks!
  14. BeerMeInStl

BeerMeInStl Member

Not being aired in St Louis unfortunately. :(
  15. pdoran10

pdoran10 Member

It's actually Saturday late night/early Sunday morning at 12:30 am after It's Always Sunny (not Sun./Mon.). Good excuse to stay up and watch TV.
  16. mjryan

mjryan Member

Pair with bitterness. Preferably still.
  17. Mplsmetro57

Mplsmetro57 Member

18. Hanzo

Hanzo Member

:(
  19. BlueRogue

BlueRogue Member

I've been watching Brew Dogs, which I've enjoyed so far, and last night I just randomly noticed this show listed on my TV's guide for 1:00 am this morning on NBC. I DVR'd it and watched it earlier today. This episode featured O'so Brewing and I'm really looking forward to next week's which will feature Stone.

It's pretty awesome there are two different beer shows on TV and I think the people who don't care for the gimmicky/silly stuff on Brew Dogs will like the no-nonsense approach to Beer Geeks. I'll keep watching both for sure.
  20. jera1350

jera1350 Member

I'm finding that Beer Geeks spends way too much time on the food/pairing aspect than just the beer itself. Literally half of the show is cooking/pairing. I could see the last five minutes, but half of the show is just too much in my opinion.
  21. JohnGalt1

JohnGalt1 Member

The 2nd episode was at Hair of the Dog.... Only one I have seen, but it was a lot better than I was expecting.