Beer Gift for my Birthday

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by dwagner003, Apr 25, 2013.

1. My birthday is coming up next week, and my girlfriend has no idea what to buy me.. We determined it should be something beer-related. Aside from home brew stuff because I am too much of a lazy ass to use it, what should it be? Assume a budget around $100 - $150

2. hannydawg

hannydawg Initiate (0) Illinois Apr 4, 2010

So many options, but I would go:

1 Gift Certificate to local bottle shop
    2 Beer of the month club
    3 Personalized glassware

I would be happy to get these gifts.

3. Is there a big beer event in your area soon (or this summer?) I know Hangar 24 has one with a VIP ticket right about in that budget range that looks like it will be a chance to eat some good food and taste some good food. The wife is alluding that might be my birthday present as it is close to my birthday.

4. DanK4

DanK4 Aficionado (240) Maine Jan 17, 2012

Personal glassware has always sounded awesome, although I would say a brewery trip to somewhere far away but awesome and having her pick up the growler/swag tab would be a perfect gift.

highdesertdrinker likes this.
  5. KS1297

KS1297 Initiate (0) Wisconsin Apr 14, 2013

Get some authentic steins for germany. I got some for christmas and they are cool as hell.

6. bruery reserve society?:D

4kbrianb, gillagorilla and mpayne5 like this.
  7. yamar68

yamar68 Initiate (0) Minnesota Apr 1, 2011

I actually just saw some beer flight kits in the dollar aisle at Target - 3 bucks for the paddle and a dollar for each glass. Didn't really see a use for them at the time but I think I'm gonna go back tomorrow... if I grab three or four sets I think they might be cool to have for a vertical/horizontal tasting.

pixieskid likes this.
  8. KriegerNco

KriegerNco Zealot (75) Colorado Jun 20, 2012

Set up a personalized tour with your favorite local brewery and a cornhole set.

Vlad_the_Imbiber likes this.
  9. jtmartino

jtmartino Savant (480) California Dec 11, 2010

You're thinking Preservation.

Reserve Society hasn't been on sale in months. And it's $300, which is double OP's budget.

10. pixieskid

pixieskid Advocate (660) Germany Jun 4, 2009

Where in california are you?

Why not a nice lunch/session at Stone World Bistro or something like that...

11. All good ideas.. Thanks a lot.

12. 2 Rogue tasting bat with glasses...the ceder smell can be distracting, varnish or paint it

13. your very own Randall 3.0 constructed w/ parts from Home Depot

14. I'm thinking Beer of the Month Club might be a good bet.. Have any of you done it? If so, which service do you recommend? There are a bunch, and I don't want to get stuck with something lame.

15. mecummins

mecummins Savant (425) Illinois Nov 16, 2012

16. Day/Overnight trip to a cool area with a good brewery.

Kernville or Buellton/Solvang areas would both work for me.

17. ESeab

ESeab Advocate (505) New Jersey Jan 3, 2013

A good idea to counteract your lazyness, brewers apprentice. My girlfriend got this as a gift for me about 5 years ago. Basically you go to the place, pick a recipe, then they help(well more so you help them) brew your own beer. They store it there, you come back in two weeks, bottle it, and take it home. Boom, homebrewed beer without having to buy all the equipment and screw up the first few times. I got 85 bombers of great beer for $175 and a great experience.

18. Dtapeski

Dtapeski Aficionado (195) Colorado Oct 26, 2012

If you do it, stay far away from a hoppy beer club. My wife got me one from Half Time Beverage and I don't think I received a beer within 4 months of it's brewing date, and sometimes they were over 6 months old.

19. Yeah, I was really only considering the "Rare Beer Club", but now I think I might just make her drive me around and buy whatever bottles I want.

20. GuzzLah

GuzzLah Savant (445) Illinois Mar 2, 2013

Beer helmet

[​IMG]

Beer koozie glove

[​IMG]

21. pitweasel

pitweasel Advocate (545) New York Jun 11, 2007