1. BeerAdvocate on your phone?! True story. Try the beta now.

Beer hunting in Seattle

Discussion in 'US - Northwest' started by Jordan3394, Jan 3, 2013.

1. Jordan3394

Jordan3394 Member

Hello everyone,
    I apologize if this is in the wrong category. I’m slightly new to BA and extremely new to Forums. My wife and I are planning a trip to Seattle WA this weekend in hunt for that elusive Pliny The Elder. I was wondering if anyone on BA could point me in the right direction or if anyone has any suggestions on other brews I should keep my eyes open for. A lot of people have told me Pliny isn’t as amazing as the media makes it out to be. But I sure wanna try it!
  2. NWer

NWer Member

Sorry no one got back to you in time for your visit this weekend (now). As for PtE? Won't find it. Last distribution was December. You might find it on tap someplace.
    Depending on how much time you have to visit various types of watering holes, first up should be Fremont Brewing then a short walk to Brouwers for another beer & lunch. Bottleworks is just up Stone Way on 45th.
    Ballard cool too my new favorite bar the Noble Fir.
    Enjoy the rest of your weekend.
    devlishdamsel and eyeenjoybeer like this.
  3. Bubs

Bubs Member

You can find it on tap at Quinn's located in Capital Hill neighborhood on the corner of 11th and Pike.
  4. Bubs

Bubs Member

By the way. Walk two blocks east on pike and you'll find Elysian Brewery. You'll enjoy the selection.
  5. NWer

NWer Member

Are you sure they're open? According to their website they're closed January 1-9
  6. devlishdamsel

devlishdamsel Member

I love that bar.
  7. CA_Infidel2o9

CA_Infidel2o9 Member

It's definitely over hyped but worth trying DeLaurintes had 1 bottle left yesterday, but I'm sure it's gone by now. Eastside Tavern has a pretty good selection of the other RR's. Swoop em while you can cuz once they're gone, they're gone. You HAVE to check out Brouwers. It's the most amazing bar I have ever been to. I'm still hungover from my visit to there last night...
    beertunes likes this.
  8. draheim

draheim Member

I know of one guy who has three more bottles. But you'd have to wait until the Seahawks-Falcons game next Sunday.
    beertunes and NWer like this.
  9. Friend of mine grabbed 2 bottles from Chuck's 85th today, said it was 'in the back'
  10. t4h2c0

t4h2c0 Member

if you are still in town the beer junction in west seattle said they are guna tap a keg of it soon
  11. Jordan3394

Jordan3394 Member

Thanks everyone! We got over there and was very sad to hear they're no longer distributing in Washington. We went straight to Beer Authority and the owner was extremely helpful. He called all around town to see if anyone had it. But no luck. So he sent us up to Wine World & Spirits. The owner was so thrilled to hear we drove all that way just to try this beer he grabbed the last 2 bottles they had from his personal stash.

I would agree it wasn’t a life changing beer. But well worth the adventure. We did end up going to the Elysian Brewery, some amazing brews to choose from.
    sukwonee, beertunes and draheim like this.
  12. Jordan3394

Jordan3394 Member

Oh yeah, and Murphy's has one keg that they're tapping on the 11th of this week. She was nice enough to let my wife and I to look at it... But she wouldn't take any amount of money to tap it a few days early lol.
  13. mchen

mchen Member

That is the Murphy's in Wallingford right?
  14. NWer

NWer Member

Cracks me up. All of a sudden, PtE is as sought after as PtY :)

To the OP, glad you had a good time. We sure enjoy our beer drinking get-a-ways and glad you did too.
    Me that is. I drink wife shops.
  15. Jordan3394

Jordan3394 Member

Pretty sure its on 45th and Meridian.