Beer Pancakes

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by JustinH2, Mar 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JustinH2

JustinH2 Zealot (541) Oct 18, 2009 Virginia

I was wondering who has made these and what beers were the best? I would think ST choklat and creme brulee would be nice...i was also wondering if anybody tried making them with Tommy Knockers Imperial Nut Brown, i heard that has a strong maple flavor

I usually make my pancakes/waffles using a box that all you add to it is oil, water and eggs...so if i wanted to make beer pancakes would i just replace the water with beer?

creepinjeeper likes this.
  2. leedorham

leedorham Initiate (0) Apr 27, 2006 Washington

I like my pancakes super light and fluffy, so prefer using cheap, fizzy beer. Pumpkin beers are a close second.

and yes, you just replace the water with beer if you're doing the just-add-water mix.

3. Hoptometrist

Hoptometrist Maven (1,461) Mar 19, 2011 Ohio

I made some pancakes with Founder's Porter and they were great.

4. Dcv

Dcv Initiate (0) Nov 12, 2009 Michigan

I have used KBS, they were not good. If I try it again I will not replace 100% of the water with beer, I would try 70% or 60% beer.

5. jbakajust1

jbakajust1 Pooh-Bah (2,528) Aug 25, 2009 Oregon
    Pooh-Bah Society

Last year Sean Paxton put a recipe in BYO for cooking with Hefeweizzen and I did the Hefe pancakes that were fairly good. Included Wheat DME, caramelized bananas, Hefe syrup, and clove DME whipped cream. If I did it again I would do the Hefe in instant pancake mix.

6. bpgpitt10

bpgpitt10 Pundit (805) May 12, 2008 District of Columbia

Wow I never even considered this. I think I might have to pick up a Pumking to make these this coming week. Great idea!

7. afrokaze

afrokaze Pooh-Bah (1,933) Jun 12, 2009 Oregon
    Pooh-Bah Society

I'm planning to try this tomorrow with either ST Chokolat/Mokah/Javah or Rogue Hazelnut Nectar, brown sugar and blueberries, should be awesome.

8. callmeishmALE

callmeishmALE Initiate (0) Dec 30, 2010 Colorado

Essentially the same, waffles with brooklyn BCS were great, they'd be great as pancakes though. I'd like to try them with some lazy magnolia southern pecan too.....now I really want breakfast.

9. TomTwanks

TomTwanks Initiate (0) Apr 5, 2011 Ohio

done a 75% pumking and 25% h20, and let me tell you, fucking awesome! Especially on game day!
    Go bucks!(though last night was rough =( )

10. BeerKangaroo

BeerKangaroo Initiate (0) May 30, 2011 Alaska
    Deactivated

Peak Organic`s Maple Collaboration is good, but scale back on syrup once the pancakes are cooked due to the strong maple flavoring in the beer. A lighter melted butter is all that is needed on top of the pancakes.

11. Bierlerner

Bierlerner Initiate (0) Aug 17, 2010 Oklahoma

I've played around a lot with pancakes. Made some Cranberry oatmeal porter pancakes. Pretty tasty.

12. creepinjeeper

creepinjeeper Initiate (0) Nov 8, 2012 Missouri

I am thinking the choklat replacing the water would be absolutely amazing. I would also put 3 spoons of peanut butter and one spoon of really hot water (to thin out PB) in a mug, mix, and then add to batter. Delicious!

13. Smakawhat

Smakawhat Grand High Pooh-Bah (6,727) Mar 18, 2008 Maryland
    Pooh-Bah Society

Not pancakes, but try these Belgian crepes with your favorite Belgian Pale Ale of choice.

They are delicious try em!

Wade5614 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.