1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Beer store in/near Brewster,NY

Discussion in 'US - New England' started by Zbyler, Mar 10, 2013.

1. Zbyler

Zbyler Aficionado (210) Connecticut Jan 18, 2013

Hey guys, I'm from southwestern CT and I am looking to take a trip over the border into NY (brewster area) to pick up some new beers. I was wondering if anyone can reccomend a good beer shop to visit. Also, I am not too familiar with what NY has available that we cannot get here in CT so feel free to shoot some ideas on things I should look for. Trying to get my hands on some NN if I can find any.

Thanks

~Z
  2. infi

infi Savant (455) New York Apr 4, 2009

Zbyler likes this.
  3. EDNOSE

EDNOSE Aficionado (245) Connecticut Oct 27, 2007

DeCiccos is all you need to know here. Go there and you won't be disappointed. Great selection, good food and fantastic bar with growlers to go.
    sandman3479 likes this.
  4. Zbyler

Its funny beause I googled beer shops in brewster and that was the first to come up. THanks! I will definitely stop by
  5. Yes yes yes on DeCiccos..... Great selection and a bar where you can quaff to boot....

Prosit!
  6. jmarce

jmarce Savant (320) Connecticut May 15, 2011

If you have empty growlers bring them with you, Decicco's Brewster usually has some good stuff on tap
  7. Yuengling is something you can get in NY that you cant get in CT. I usually go to Brewster Beer & Soda from the Danbury area.
  8. drinker36

drinker36 Aficionado (165) Michigan May 19, 2010

Decicco's Brewster. That is all. I'm convinced based on travels to a number of states (MI, CA, PA) and dozens of highly rated BA stores that it's one of the best beer stores in the country.

Edit - their tap list is usually up to date but their bottle and can list lacks about 25% of the beers they'll have on hand... so don't use that as your guide. Example is Maine Lil' One. They had bottles of it when I was there yesterday.
  9. Zbyler

got a chance to go to DeCicco's today. All I have to say is BEER HEAVEN! I picked up a lot of great stuff and I will be going back on friday for more! I picked up:

1x flower power
    2x lagunitas sucks
    2x troegs nugget nectar
    1x scuplin
    1x allagash tripel
    1x dogfish immortale

Anything else people would recommend? There is so much I have never even seen before, it was overwhelming ha.
  10. If you are in SW CT you can also go to Vista Beverage and get some good stuff...
  11. EDNOSE

+1 to Vista Beverage ... It's no DeCicco's but it's much closer to where I am in SW CT ... They usually have an excellent selection.
  12. Onizilla

Onizilla Aficionado (225) New York Apr 25, 2009

D'aw, You guys. You should just say Hi to me when you're in my store, You may get a free glass or whatever else promo thing I got laying around! I'm no DeCicco's but I focus a lot more on quality than quantity. ;)
  13. EDNOSE

Get some growler fills going and we'd really be talking! (since I live 10 minutes away, I hit you up a lot more than the 25-30 minute drive to DeCicco's)
  14. Onizilla

Ironically enough, Just got 'em up and running. 8 lines total but only 6 of 'em running at the moment. The hose to bottom fill will be in this week hopefully and such. Support the local-er growler fills, If I blow through em fast enough I get to put more exciting things on draft. ;)
  15. pmlondrigan

pmlondrigan Savant (285) New York Feb 4, 2010

This raises the all important question.....what is on those 6 lines?
  16. Onizilla

Unfortunately I had to go easy on the huge craft end to try and get non-BA people used to it.

1) Founder's Breakfast Stout
    2) Ithaca Flower Power
    3) Allagash Tripel
    4) Captain Lawrence Smoked Porter
    5) Bronx Pale Ale
    6) Ballast Point Black Marlin
    7) Sixpoint Sweet Action
    8) Lagunitas IPA

Only one not running right now is Lagunitas IPA, The distributor shorted me a sankey to run it.
    Zbyler likes this.
  17. Zbyler

Uh.... where is this?! I'll be right there. I love me some breakfast stout!

~Z
  18. Onizilla

Haha, I don't wanna advertise on this place. The bros are pretty hard about it! Vista Beverage, South Salem. I'll be honest and say give me a few days to get the hose to properly bottom fill the growlers for ya. We're also under a touch of construction so it's.. Harder. Hah.
  19. Zbyler

Yea, I got yelled at for that too so I hear ya. I'll have to check it out thanks.

~Z
  20. Onizilla

Feel free to say Hi! If you stop in, I'm the dude that's working 99% of the time. Unless you wait until it's summer, I'll be wearing a hoodie. I'm also the only bearded gentlemen here.
  21. EDNOSE

To give the plug for them if you don't want to do the research. It's in Vista right on route 123. The growlers are very good news!!!! This is a great addition to he "Ridgefield / Wilton / New Canaan beer scene" given the proximity.
    Onizilla likes this.
  22. Onizilla

Thanks Ed! I'm hoping to get really going good on the growlers so I can get an excuse to throw some real rare(r) treats on draft. As with everything new, I worry about being able to kick 'em fast enough to get optimal freshness!
    In other news, These bottles of 'loon on my shelf sure are gorgeous! ;)
  23. Umm... see you in 15 minutes?
    Onizilla likes this.
  24. Onizilla

You really on the way, I'll wait. Got til 8 today!