1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Beer Suggestions in Memphis

Discussion in 'US - South' started by boudreaux, Feb 15, 2013.

1. boudreaux

boudreaux Savant (320) Alabama Feb 13, 2009

For Valentine's Day, my sweet mother sent me $50 bucks. So I'm looking for advice/suggestions as to beers and beer stores in the Memphis metro area I should spend the money. I'm pretty varied in my beer style prefs, but tend to lean toward IPAs/DIPAs, Strong Ales, and pretty much the whole spectrum of Belgian brews. And of course, quality > quantity. Any thoughts much appreciated!

2. Jimski123

Jimski123 Zealot (95) Tennessee Feb 10, 2013

really your only options will be busters and Joes. They both pretty much carry the same stuff. Joes allows you to buy singles instead of 6 packs or 4 packs though. Busters typically keeps more in stock because their allotments are bigger.

3. boudreaux

boudreaux Savant (320) Alabama Feb 13, 2009

Thanks! Unfortunately, had an unexpectedly busy day running around town, so I just managed to stop by Kirby Parkway Liquors before it closed. Grabbed a 750ml bottle of both Brooklyn Local 1 and 2, $9.99 each, for tonight. I've checked out Buster's before. Not bad, but I'm pretty sure I've sampled pretty much all their beer options ha. May make it over to Joe's tomorrow. Haven't been there before. Thanks!