1. Don't miss our 7th annual American Craft Beer Fest featuring 640+ beers from 140+ brewers this May 30 & 31 in Boston, MA! Buy your tickets now!
  2. BeerAdvocate on your phone?! True story. Try the beta now.

Beer Under Glass ~ Chicago Craft Beer Week

Discussion in 'US - Great Lakes' started by mattkooler, Mar 11, 2012.

1. mattkooler

mattkooler Member

I will be visiting Chicago around the time of Chicago Craft Beer week. My original plan was to tour many of the local Chicago breweries, but it appears that a majority of their tours occur at the same time (Saturday afternoon).

I am unfamiliar with the Beer Under Glass event, and have had a hard time finding information about it beyond the date and when tickets go on sale.

Any information about which breweries (especially if all of the local Chicago breweries go), what beers are typically offered, environment, food, and if ticket price is worth it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
  2. danimalarkey

danimalarkey Member

The Garfield Park Conservatory is beautiful space and is worth a trip for its own merits. There has only been one other Beer Under Glass event but reviews were generally solid. Here are some pictures:
    http://chicagoist.com/2011/05/20/in_pictures_beer_under_glass.php#photo-1

Odds are good that all of the local (and probably some regional) breweries will be represented with a couple of taps. I think the food/drinks were covered by the ticket price -- no tickets, no cost per pour, etc. And right now, there really isn't much more information available other than when, where and ticket information.

ETA: Here's a listing of the breweries that participated: http://www.chicagoparkdistrict.com/sample-beer-under-glass-at-the-garfield-park-conservatory/
  3. mattkooler

mattkooler Member

Thanks for the info! Pictures are great, and it looks like a really cool event!