1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Beer you liked but will never be brewed again.

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by Kanger, Sep 11, 2013.

1. Casedogg43

Casedogg43 Savant (490) Indiana Jan 4, 2012

Perm Funeral AKA Pig destroyer is coming back very soon!
    Can't wait!!

2. Casedogg43

Casedogg43 Savant (490) Indiana Jan 4, 2012

I'm with you on Baller Stout!

3. Michigan

Michigan Initiate (0) Michigan Oct 24, 2012

Batch 1 anything is better than all that comes after! Just kidding... But seriously.

I really liked 1999 3F Oude Geuze.

4. guezarka

guezarka Savant (280) Massachusetts Jan 27, 2009

Tarnation from Portsmouth Brewing. Start with Kate the Great, let the Alchemist hop the snot out of it, then mellow it out with lactic fermentation (is "milk-stouting" a word?). Slurp.

5. Schwantz

Schwantz Savant (390) Florida Dec 16, 2012

cbs

hardy008 likes this.
  6. The original Pete's Wicked Ale. Also Rapscallion Premier (the one with the devil woman on the label). Lastly, Jinx by Magic Hat.

LostTraveler likes this.
  7. I would say +1 to this but that would mean that it won't be made again. I can't think that way. It WILL be made again. It WILL be made again. It WILL.

If I start a thread in Beer Releases saying that it is coming back I wonder if it will happen.

DrStiffington likes this.
  8. carlitos92 and YogiBeer like this.
  9. Sierra Nevada Wheat. What a great summer beer. They replaced it with Kellerweis, which sucked.

10. spitshaded

spitshaded Savant (345) Virginia Nov 12, 2012

I never got any Dayman when it was released. I've since infused some RuinTen with coffee beans & was amazed by the combination of an IPA & coffee. I can only imagine what it would have been like.

11. tr9871

tr9871 Savant (270) Mississippi Apr 14, 2013

Bud light Golden Wheat. no but seriously, SN Anniverary ale was amazing.

12. YogiBeer

YogiBeer Savant (485) Illinois May 10, 2012

Pipeworks Galaxy Unicorn.

13. superspak

superspak Poobah (1,020) Michigan May 5, 2010

The Sierra Nevada 30th lineup. Imperial Stout, Grand Cru, and Black Barleywine are pristine as hell! I am thankful I have a couple more of the Barelywine and 1 Stout left!
    [​IMG]

14. lsummers

lsummers Advocate (535) California Jun 21, 2010

Red Hoptober, Can we undo this years NB, SN fall seasonals? Although... I am liking SN Flipside Red IPA, still I would prefer the others.

15. Bobator

Bobator Aficionado (130) California May 23, 2006

Lagunitas Nuevo Noir ...

16. Anaz

Anaz Aficionado (195) California Dec 22, 2009

Premiere and Firestone's XV anniversary. ..oh and a couple batches of homebrew that I didn't take notes on.

17. Odell - Avant Peche

tuckerlikesbeer likes this.
  18. KevSal

KevSal Advocate (605) California Oct 17, 2010

Drakes kalinda!

19. atomic

atomic Savant (455) Illinois Sep 22, 2009

Surprised to see someone else post this. Really loved that one, wonder why they discontinued it.

cnbrown313 and joelwlcx like this.
  20. kguard

kguard Savant (320) Iowa Feb 19, 2013

To Ol walk on water.
    14% alcohol and light.

21. I don't even remember the name of it (it may not have even had one) , but there was a beer at Beachwood BBQs last sourfest two years ago that had been forgotten in the basement of the former owner of a defunct brewery and was brought out just for the event.

22. patto1ro

patto1ro Advocate (500) Netherlands Apr 26, 2004

King & Barnes Mild.

Samichlaus82 likes this.
  23. I bought a bunch of that southern tier oat a while ago a local total wine had marked down to $2/bottle! Shortly after, they announced it was being discontinued. I bet that store regrets doing that now, and i kind of regret drinking most of them before I found out. Only have one or two left

24. I think I have seen this recently. It may be old. Trade if I find it?

25. Oisin

Oisin Aficionado (215) California Oct 14, 2005

Stone 10th Anniversary Forever!!! What a magical brew!

26. GatorLCA

GatorLCA Savant (455) Florida Dec 29, 2012

95% of CCBs catalog

mverity likes this.
  27. Agreed. Luckily I got my two. One chilling (literally!) in the fridge, right now!

28. Beekeeper

29. Lutter

Lutter Advocate (650) Texas Jun 30, 2010

New Belgium Lips of Faith Cocoa Mole
    New Belgium/Alpine Lips of Faith Super IPA

Terrapin8 and mariacha like this.
  30. Flashy

Flashy Advocate (615) Vermont Oct 22, 2003

Catamount Christmas Ale.

Puttenham likes this.
  31. Certain specific vintages & variations of fruit lambic’s & geuze which can never be recreated due to their nature.
    Stuff like fresh Fou’ Foune 2012 edition, 2003 Vintage 3F Oude Geuze, 2008, 3F Schaerbeekse Kriek 2008, what Girardin Black Label used to be like 3 years ago etc.

32. Lutter

Lutter Advocate (650) Texas Jun 30, 2010

Christine Celis owns the trademark again and is going to be first gypsy brewing Celis beers around Austin, eventually building a new brewery here. It'll be back.

JrGtr likes this.

33. Van Steenberge brewery in Belgium has been brewing that beer since the early 2000s using the exact same recipe as the Texan beer.

It is called Celis White in Belgium, it is exported to North America under the name Ertveld's Wit.

This is the beer you want: http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/48/10138

34. ThirstyFace

ThirstyFace Initiate (0) New York Jan 11, 2013

Come to Long Island, there is enough on the shelves to support your taste for a few years

35. jucifer1818

jucifer1818 Savant (410) Florida May 15, 2011

Brooklyn monster........................... :(

djsmith1174 likes this.
  36. Permanent Funeral is available at the brewery now.

37. beerindaglass

beerindaglass Savant (300) Florida Feb 20, 2013

There's a pile on the shelf at one of my beer stores. Guess I should pick it up. Shows it as rotating on this site, though.

38. TStron

TStron Aficionado (135) Minnesota Mar 31, 2010

Bourbon County Rare and Vanilla.

Best vanilla beer ever with the possible exception of vanilla bean dark lord. I was surprised how long the quality of the vanilla flavor lasted but that beer definitely needed to be drank within a year or year and a half. 2 MAX.

BlastBeats likes this.
  39. rxeight

rxeight Initiate (0) Illinois Feb 5, 2012

I would rather have a different beer everytime i go there than choose from the same 15 everytime.

40. I still got a couple bottles of Fort in the cellar and as far as Raison D'Extra I just opened the only bottle i got to celebrate with my buddy for our first all grain batch of beer but thanks. Fort is a beer to end the night on so good.

Lantern likes this.