1. Extreme Beer Fest. March 20 & 21, 2015 in Boston, Mass. Join us!
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Beer you've left in your past

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by tkdchampxi, Mar 10, 2014.

1. DannyS

DannyS Savant (420) New York Sep 20, 2007

Since I never cared for BMC products and dove straight into beer via Sam Adams and Brooklyn, I don't really think there's a craft beer that I'll ever 'leave behind' 100%. There are times that the best beer I can find at some party or event is Sam Adams, and while I don't buy Sam anymore, I'll drink it if it's what they've got. Sure, there are beers I used to love that I rarely touch anymore, like Hoegaarden, Yuengling, and SA's variety packs, but if I'm somewhere where those are the only choices, you bet your ass I'll take 'em. I think it's just more a function of me constantly wanting to try new things, so I never actually have an ol' standby beer anymore.

...Except Brooklyn Lager, since that was one of my first beers and still one of my favorites.

EDIT: Just as I clicked post, I remembered Blue Moon. I stand corrected. I've completely abandoned Blue Moon. I've just lost the taste for it and I don't like its Miller-owned charlatan craft status.

2. Newcastle and Yeungling Lager.