1. American Craft Beer Fest returns to Boston on May 29 & 30, featuring 640+ beers from 140+ brewers. Tickets are on sale now.

Beer you've left in your past

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by tkdchampxi, Mar 10, 2014.

1. DannyS

DannyS Savant (445) New York Sep 20, 2007

Since I never cared for BMC products and dove straight into beer via Sam Adams and Brooklyn, I don't really think there's a craft beer that I'll ever 'leave behind' 100%. There are times that the best beer I can find at some party or event is Sam Adams, and while I don't buy Sam anymore, I'll drink it if it's what they've got. Sure, there are beers I used to love that I rarely touch anymore, like Hoegaarden, Yuengling, and SA's variety packs, but if I'm somewhere where those are the only choices, you bet your ass I'll take 'em. I think it's just more a function of me constantly wanting to try new things, so I never actually have an ol' standby beer anymore.

...Except Brooklyn Lager, since that was one of my first beers and still one of my favorites.

EDIT: Just as I clicked post, I remembered Blue Moon. I stand corrected. I've completely abandoned Blue Moon. I've just lost the taste for it and I don't like its Miller-owned charlatan craft status.

2. Newcastle and Yeungling Lager.