1. American Craft Beer Fest returns to Boston on May 29 & 30, featuring 640+ beers from 140+ brewers. Tickets are on sale now.

BeerAdvocate magazine Frequently Asked Questions

Discussion in 'BeerAdvocate magazine' started by Todd, Dec 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Todd

Todd Founder (1,650) Colorado Aug 23, 1996 Staff Member

Have questions about BeerAdvocate magazine (BA mag)? This FAQ is here to help. While it might not cover all questions, it'll aim to answer most and be updated as needed.

Why should I subscribe?
    Because you like fresh beer content delivered to your mailbox each month and feel compelled to support our ongoing beer advocacy efforts and the craft beer industry as a whole.

How do I subscribe to the print version?
    http://store.beeradvocate.com/products/beeradvocate-magazine-print-subscription

US orders only.

Why US only? What happened to international print subscriptions and renewals?
    Delivery was unreliable and shipping costs too high. Offering something that we can't guarantee due to issues that are out of our control didn't sit well with us. As such, we've put a hold on all new print subscriptions and renewals.

Do you offer a digital version?
    Yes. For Android users only on Google Play Newsstand.

Why don't you offer an iOS digital version?

We're exploring options.

Who do I contact about my digital subscription via Google Play?
    Please refer to the Google Play support site under "Magazines" for assistance.

How do I renew a subscription?
    http://www.beeradvocate.com/mag-help/renew/

Processed orders only.

If I subscribe now, what issue will I start with?
    Generally, orders placed before the 15th of each month will start with the following month's issue. This may change based on deadlines.

When can I expect my first issue?
    Please allow 4-8 weeks for your first copy to arrive.

When do issues ship each month?
    Depending on scheduling, issues ship the end or beginning of each month. It can take 2-20 business days to reach subscribers in the US or longer for international orders. We're constantly working with USPS to improve the lag time, so please be patient.

What if my magazine never arrived?
    Delays and errors can occur, and we're sorry for the inconvenience. Please contact us to report the issue. Please include your name, address, and Subscription Id in the email.

How do I change my mailing address?
    Please use our Change of Address Form, and allow 4-8 weeks for the change to take effect. Please note that our magazine will not get forwarded by the post office, so it's important that you keep us updated.

What's my Subscription Id number?
    Your Subscription Id # can be found on the label, just above your name and address. If you can't find it, please contact us.

When does my subscription expire?
    Your Subscription Expiration Date can be found on your label. Look for "EXP:MM/YYYY" above your name and address.

I renewed, so why hasn't my Subscription Expiration Date been updated?
    It can take 30-60 days for this update to occur.

My issue arrived damaged. What's up with that?
    Damaged issues do happen. Reasons can range from handing at the printers to USPS sorting/delivery handling issues. We apologize if this has happened to you. Please contact us to report the issue, including all of your relevant subscriber info.

How do I merge a duplicate subscription?
    Please contact us with your subscription Id # and mailing address.

Do you send sample issues?
    No.

Do you sell BA mag at retail locations / newsstands?
    No.

Do you sell back issues?
    Yes. While supplies last in the BeerAdvocate Store, and digitally via Google Play Newsstand.

Do you offer bulk / discounted rates?
    No.

Can I get a refund?
    No. We don't offer refunds, or partial refunds, on subscriptions.

How do I unsubscribe from BA mag emails?
    http://www.beeradvocate.com/community/threads/unsubscribe-from-beeradvocate-emails.187504/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.