1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Beers coming soon from Fullsteam

Discussion in 'US - South-Atlantic' started by winbassett, Dec 10, 2012.

1. I picked up two today at Tasty Beverage and there was only about 10-12 left.

Really looking forward to trying this one........I'm thinking X-mas eve...
  2. Still 2 cases at Sam's as of yesterday afternoon. $15 per. Looking forward to this one. Keep the Cliff's Notes reviews coming...
  3. Deliveries today to Hope Valley Bottle Shop. At Sam's, a 4pm tasting (and the last two cases)!
  4. I've got to say, in the competition for NC's most creative brewery, Fullsteam is my runaway winner. Can I get an amen?
    Beermeplease13 likes this.
  5. I liked it, although not as much as I hoped. One big question, though, for Sean - why was this not pre-saled to the Scythe and Sparrow, which was supposed to be part of the draw of a membership? It's cool if the perks are getting the discounts, but not when you say they include other stuff. Follow through.
  6. You're probably right. It's a tough balance...we have to keep our retail customers happy, too -- which we haven't done due to the strong demand for the beer and its limited release. But you're right. We'll make it up to you with the January release of First Frost.
    tlh1005 and winbassett like this.
  7. Had my first taste of Fruitcake at lunch - just a sample because I had to come back to work. It's definitely a bourbon bomb but there's enough body to support it and the figs come out nicely. Well done.

I was disappointed First Frost didn't make it out in time for the holiday season but this will be a nice edition to my xmas eve line up.
  8. Fruitcake is easily had the biggest bourbon nose of any beer I have ever had. Straight bourbon drinker rejoice. If not, proceed with caution.
  9. Got to hand out some more kudos. This time to Fullsteam. A buddy and myself had the chombers BPA recently at a tailgating event and it was excellent. What made it so damn good was that it paired perfectly with some brats we had going on the grill. Great work on this brew. I'm looking forward to the fruitcake.
    peetoteeto likes this.
  10. Thanks tons
    Gosh, thank you!!!
    wolfeman007 likes this.
  11. Got a growler of Rocket Science and a growler of Carver at Healthy Home Market on South Blvd in CLT today. No Fruitcake, sadly.