1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Beers For Christmas

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by Brianhophead, Dec 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Why not their Grande Cuvee Réserve de Noël instead?

As far as I know I'm having:

DDC Aphrodisiaque
    DDC Peche Mortel
    Unibroue Le Terrible

And maybe:
    Hopfenstark Boson de Higgs
    Dunham The Second Coming of Broderus
    luwak likes this.
  2. I'll find out tomorrow. I think I'm the only one drinking it. Going to have to start early...
  3. Unfortunately that beer wasn't available at my local store. It was either the Porter Baltique or the Weizenbock
  4. Saw a 3L of Stone 12/12/12 on the store counter the other day. I've heard it is supposed to be a Christmas style beer, and yes it would be a nice communal piece, but at $99 I went with the bomber instead.
  5. Tonight was westy 12, Odell cutthroat, Myrcenary, left hand milk stout, Bell's porter, Sierra Nevada narwhal, and closed with a rochefort 10. Interesting order, but it always is at my parent's house. My uncle had heard about the westy release, but he was not here in time to sample it, so it looks like we will have a repeat tomorrow followed by a big bad baptist for the majority of the night. Merry Christmas to all
    luwak likes this.
  6. Fluteswell

Fluteswell Savant (255) Maryland Feb 15, 2011

That is gonna be delicious.
    Flabbyjandro likes this.
  7. jtierney89

jtierney89 Initiate (0) New Jersey Aug 15, 2011

I wasn't crazy about the scaldis noel, it was good but i preferred the amber
  8. bookerandy

bookerandy Savant (260) Indiana May 6, 2012

I will be sharing a few of these later today

[​IMG]
  9. Celebration and parabola
    YogiBeer likes this.
  10. kingofhop

kingofhop Savant (430) Oklahoma May 9, 2010

Probaly not a whole lot of you out there, being Christmas Eve and all. But I'd like to extend a big Merry Christmas to all of you, and a truly heartfelt Peace on Earth. May all your beers be tasty and may all your loved ones be the number one priorties in your lives. Happy Holidays, BA.
    mtalley999, fujindemon74 and ant880 like this.
  11. brewbetter

brewbetter Savant (400) Nauru Jun 2, 2012

Cantillon Fou'Foune + Cascade Apricot

Merry Christmas BA!
  12. Derranged

Derranged Advocate (500) New York Mar 7, 2010

I am not happy, as I am usually not on the holidays. I'm gonna go to a family function at my uncle's house, where there really won't be any beer. I don't want to bring my own because I do not have enough to share. I'm gonna wind up drinking like 15 glasses of my uncle's punch which consists of the following:

Sparkling white wine
    Liqueur
    Juice
    Frozen pomegranate extract.

On top of the punch, which is dangerously delicious, I'll be drinking wine because I'm Italian, which means at these functions there is more wine than water. Then I'll get home and start cracking open some SN Celebration Ales. I'll probably only be able to drink one or two because by that time I'll be absolutely obliterated, passing out in front of the computer or the couch. Fun, I know.
    Patrickbrusil likes this.
  13. jasoncheb

jasoncheb Aficionado (160) Virginia Nov 23, 2012

Enjoyed an Alewerks Cafe Royale and a Beer Geek Breakfast last night. Merry Christmas BA!
  14. N'Ice Chouffe
    Anchor Brewing Christmas (Magnum Champagne Bottle)
    Anderson Valley Winter Solstice
  15. nc41

nc41 Advocate (600) North Carolina Sep 25, 2008

HT and Abrasive, on Xmas eve, and probably the same today. I just don't feel like popping a stout.
  16. Delirium Noel. Aged 1 year.
  17. Last night Hardywood GBS
    Today Block 15 Figgy Pudding
  18. aasher

aasher Champion (900) Indiana Jan 27, 2010

I think I'll be opening my Cherry Rye.
  19. I love that brew.
  20. BB4D 2010, Abner, Susan, Edward, Blighs Barleywine 2011, La Roja Reserva, Cuir, 4 calling birds
  21. ja1022

ja1022 Aficionado (200) Indiana Sep 27, 2009

Son's girlfriend's parents got me a fresh growler of Dreadnaught and a couple of Arctic Panzer Wolf.

Going to my niece's for dinner and her husband is into beer so we'll tap the Dread there. I'm also going to bring him a couple of this years BCBS, and a mix of aged Third Coast Old Ales and Big Foots. I'll also throw him a Narwhal, Central Waters Bourbon Barrel Stout and a couple of Shlafly T IPAs and maybe a Batch 9000 or 10000.

I'm the "cool" uncle.
    erikl48 likes this.
  22. Yeah, it's a pretty impressive beer isn't it? And I may have to be selfish and not share it. LOL.
    fujindemon74 likes this.
  23. jmgrub

jmgrub Savant (435) California Nov 20, 2010

Please blend at the end to create a Cantiscade Fou-Founicot...I'm extremely curious.
    luwak and Fluteswell like this.
  24. MattyG85

MattyG85 Champion (770) Minnesota Aug 31, 2010

Look what Santa got me:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Probably going to save it for NYE.
    luwak and erikl48 like this.
  25. I started the Eve with a Bell's Christmas Ale and had a delicious La Fin Du Monde while I was sitting outside by the smoker waiting for the roast to finish. Woke up today and had a coffee with irish cream for breakfast since I'm not looking to be too ambitious today after all the work yesterday. Merry Christmas to all my beer friends and stay safe in the area's that are having rough weather today!
  26. champ103

champ103 Champion (860) Texas Sep 3, 2007

Christmas brunch: Beefeater Gin and tonic for my Mom (one of my presents to her:D). Founders Breakfast Stout for my Dad, my Brother In-law, and me. My sister tried FBS, did not like it. Bloody Marry for her. Oh, and a Red Stripe for my Brother In-Laws Dad. We cater to all types at my family.
  27. rontrig

rontrig Disciple (65) Missouri May 8, 2012

I will be drinking a growler of Perennial artisan ales Aria with brett during the meal and end the night with a bourbon county coffee stout. Hope everyone gets to enjoy some great beers with their friends and family.
  28. Maction

Maction Savant (435) Illinois Oct 14, 2008

Started out with basted eggs and toast w/ Stiegl Radler,
    served in bed for Mrs. Maction -

[​IMG]

Then it was off to see Django, with a flask of 'cheer' -

[​IMG]

Now listening to some classic Christmas tunes on the hi-fi,
    pondering what to crack open next -

[​IMG]

If I may paraphrase the great Larry Miller, this is the season that makes me grateful to have a job to go to, a home to come back to, and someone who loves me when I get there. Happy holidays, and cheers!
    luwak likes this.
  29. luwak

luwak Savant (305) Arizona Mar 2, 2010

One of my favorite beers ever. but everybody else hated it....
    Like a glass of effin gingerbread syrup
    can't wait for the BA version

So i went to a prechristmas party the other night with folks who told me they were into beer and asked em to bring dark and seasonal stuff and "that old Dogfish beer with the Asian girl on the label...."
    so i brought

2011, 2012 Abyss
    2010 Mikkellers Santas Little Helper
    FW DDBA
    2010, 2012 FW Parabola
    DFH Chateau Jiahu
    St Bernardus Christmas/Noel whatever its called
    Evil Twin Soft DK
    The Bruery Four Calling Birds and Five Golden Rings

they just drank SN Celebration all night ....

almost nothing got even close to finished (not even the "old Dogfish") and most of the bottles got opened...oh well hope they enjoyed them flat the next day
  30. SalukiAlum

SalukiAlum Advocate (505) Colorado Dec 19, 2010

Shared with the wife so far: Founders Breakfast Stout, Elevation Downpour and now Bligh's. Happy Holidays!
    luwak likes this.
  31. Yeah had a 4 calling birds too. 'twas right nice with a year on her.
  32. beerguynow

beerguynow Aspirant (25) Virginia Dec 26, 2012

rye da tiger!
  33. FFF Alpha Klaus
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.