1. American Craft Beer Fest returns to Boston on May 29 & 30, featuring 640+ beers from 140+ brewers. Tickets are on sale now.

Beers so good you won't trade them.

Discussion in 'Beer Trading Talk & Help' started by Coirm, Jan 26, 2013.

1. egrace84

egrace84 Champion (870) Illinois Mar 25, 2012

After just getting back from the CW Anny party with my group, I could see myself being pretty stingy with this years BBBW, the Peruvian Morning and def the Fifteen... all phenominal beers!

2. vurt

vurt Advocate (565) Oregon Apr 11, 2004

Parabola

Not that difficult to get, and oh so delicious. Pretty sure I've traded more Black Tuesday than Parabola over the past few years.

3. jlenik

jlenik Savant (435) New Jersey Jan 22, 2009

Victor Francenstein

daryk77 likes this.
  4. FTFY

crushedvol and sliverX like this.
  5. I can get Pliny fairly often but it's so hard to put one in a box and seal it up.

6. Recall those days, look back on all those times
    Think of those things we'll never do
    There will never be a day
    When I would trade of you

ehammond1, StarRaptor and libbey like this.
  7. syu3003

syu3003 Aficionado (205) Michigan May 4, 2011

I have a cable car, and I really like to look at it every night before I go to sleep. It won't be the same if its an empty CC bottle.

8. yojimbo1

yojimbo1 Initiate (0) Kansas Feb 26, 2012

Some beer is so good and rare that you shouldn't even look at it let alone drink.

Squidly likes this.
  9. Bruery anniversary beers.

10. jegross2

jegross2 Advocate (725) Illinois Jan 3, 2010

BCS Rare, BCS Vanilla

MykelJH likes this.
  11. elNopalero

elNopalero Advocate (675) Texas Oct 14, 2009

I don't trade... yet. So does that mean: everything?

12. 2007 BCBS (10/12/07 batch) PVW Version

13. FEUO

FEUO Initiate (0) Ontario (Canada) Jul 24, 2012

Anything I have in the cellar that I only have 1 of.
    Does make trading tough when all anyone wants are those 1's.

14. pest

pest Savant (410) Ohio Sep 2, 2007

That's why you fill out your gots with the beers you have for trade and don't share your cellar list.

To answer the OP, if your talking about trades:

to people i haven't traded before then ton's of beers:
    rare, vanilla, ba church, cognac sweet, bt, melange #3, KH, bbbw, loads more

to trading partners:
    nothing

7clutch likes this.
  15. FEUO

FEUO Initiate (0) Ontario (Canada) Jul 24, 2012

Perhaps a good idea.
    I was using the got list as my cellar list so I didn't have to maintain a list separately. Will do that going forward.

16. My lone bottle of PiaPT
    Not gonna trade that ever...

17. OPSippin

OPSippin Aficionado (145) Illinois Sep 18, 2012

Coffee a break Abduction?

I'm torn between wanting to spread the word re Pipeworks and the fact that I am down to 2 bottles. Not enough hype to trade for much rarity, and I can't imagine any other beer $4$ I'd trade it for. Will enjoy, share, and spread the word in person.

pmoney likes this.
  18. Siggy125

Siggy125 Advocate (515) California Nov 10, 2006

I have a short list of valued bottles. You know, the typical...Rare, CFH, BCBVS, Choc Rain, etc.. that I have no intentions of trading unless one of my holy grail Wants is brought into play. Those are currently in the cellar awaiting their demise with my gut.

19. Picked up a bottle of BA Bigfoot today . Really wanted to try this one . I plan to bring it to a small tasting .

20. n2185

n2185 Advocate (650) North Carolina Apr 14, 2008

KBS. I get as much of it as I absolutely can and drink all of it except the few that I either give to friends or trade with regular trading partners.

MykelJH likes this.
  21. TheBandit1

TheBandit1 Initiate (0) Michigan Mar 19, 2011

Kuhnhenn BBBW. Hope they bottle more. Until then,it's not going anywhere.

cetherid and Knifestyles like this.
  22. Envelopes

Envelopes Initiate (0) Ohio Aug 26, 2012

I feel like I would have trouble trading anything that I can't get another of. Guess I'll always be a locals4locals kind of guy. I don't think I'll ever get into the whole whale game because if I ever want something enough to go through the trouble of tracking it down, it's going to be to drink it, not hold onto it to trade for something else later.

That said, I had my first Fou' Foune last month and it totally lived up to the hype for me. Even if I got a case of it I don't think I'd let a single one go unless I was gifting it to a friend.

23. DanGolfs86

DanGolfs86 Savant (300) Illinois Dec 2, 2010

My Black Tuesday Vertical... i wish to fulfill a dream of getting some good friends together and doing a 10 year black tuesday vertical.

I will trade Black Tuesday's but only if i have multiples, i have to have at least 1 of each now that i have all 4 years thus far.

24. travMI13

travMI13 Savant (375) Michigan Jan 7, 2012

Until they make and bottle more, Kuhnhenn BBBW. Even after that, only to regular trading partners.

I've had enough barleywines to know that the likelihood of something tasting better is minimal, so why bother trying?

Knifestyles likes this.
  25. tommyz

tommyz Advocate (510) Michigan May 28, 2007

You know, ive thought about this and I still dont know...I have a bottle of Kuhnhenn Blueberry Eisbock..It is the best beer I have ever had, and I have only drank 6oz of it at the Brewery when it was on tap. They have said it will probably never be made again because they took a bath on it. Another brewer at another brewery told me that as well. That is why I post I dont know if I would..

26. BCBVS, BA9K, Fifteen, 1414, 100% BA Cuir, BA Abraxas, Hunahpu's, Chocolate Rain, Maple Tripel..... To name a handful.

27. ET678

ET678 Initiate (0) Florida Mar 10, 2013

Never knew that existed but Id get it just as a fan of Dr Octagon....Earth People!

CharlatanSin and tacosandbeer like this.
  28. Bluecane

Bluecane Initiate (0) New York Dec 30, 2011

Not according to some of your recent ISOs......

29. What?

30. tommyz

tommyz Advocate (510) Michigan May 28, 2007

They lost money

31. What idiot is giving a trader like you CHF12!!!!!!!!!! - I'll effin killlll them!

32. Ungertaker

Ungertaker Savant (495) Minnesota Apr 30, 2010

Some clown from Cali. I think you know him quite well; but I won't name names! ;)

sliverX and StarRaptor like this.
  33. I wish I would have traded the one I had instead of drinking it. Mimosa was the hypiest of hype. It was less than an average beer for me.

34. chardlogic

chardlogic Savant (335) Florida Feb 18, 2011

Wow, at $30 per 12 oz bottle, how could they possibly have lost money on that?

35. I belong to a pretty big tasting group whom I often post on behalf of. Essentially, I'm not always trading MY beer. Easy enough to see it the way that you do. :)

Bluecane likes this.
  36. I've thought this to myself like everyone else, then a beer comes along that you have to have and it's super limited an bam you just traded said beer! For me it was SH BRL, I told myself it was to good to trade and I was keeping the for myself. Then I was thinking about cable car and realized I hade to try it do I traded a SH BRL in a package for CC plus

37. CasanovaCummins

CasanovaCummins Savant (430) Nevada Jan 10, 2012

Now if you changed the question to what beer would you ONLY share...That would change the equation entirely.

38. aasher

aasher Champion (920) Indiana Jan 27, 2010

Lou Pepe Framboise. I buy the LP Kriek solely to trade for LP Framboise.

libbey likes this.
  39. Ditto

40. anything drie fonteinen