1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Beers with Bicycle themes

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by canucklehead, Jan 13, 2013.

1. It would be cool to see all the different labels of beers that use a biking / bicycle theme in your neck of the woods. In BC there at least 5 different beers locally that use bikes on the label. Show some of the ones in your area?
    [​IMG]
  2. mborden

mborden Savant (410) New York Jan 28, 2009

not in my area, but fat tire is an obvious one that springs to mind.
  3. Yeah Fat Tire is inpsired by the owners Bike trip through Belgium
  4. I would love to see more beers from these guys in BC as they used to sell this beer here about 7 years ago .

[​IMG]
  5. mborden

mborden Savant (410) New York Jan 28, 2009

Very cool. I did a "fat tire" bike tour in Paris and in Barcelona, and both were awesome ways to see the cities. Also, both tours had bottles of Fat Tire in their offices, but made it very clear (at the behest of the brewery) to point out that they were in no way affiliated with the beer.
  6. deschutes Chain breaker
  7. [​IMG]

had to post this as not many BC BAs post on the main page
  8. alexipa

alexipa Savant (410) Colorado Oct 7, 2011

You aren't missing much, Boulder beer is pretty average.

Lots of stuff from New Belgium is bike related (including basically their entire brewery). Also Hopworks in Portland, their Bikebar is great.
  9. [​IMG]
  10. kmello69

kmello69 Advocate (505) Texas Nov 27, 2011

Thought of this first

[​IMG]

Then this

[​IMG]
  11. Ravenacht

Ravenacht Advocate (500) Florida Aug 10, 2012

12. Eastside151

Eastside151 Savant (450) Ohio Jun 29, 2012

Here in North East Ohio someone should make a beer labeled "No Mountain Biking Support Porter"
  13. HUB in Portland has always supported bikes and this is a pretty cool tie in
    [​IMG]
  14. Here is another BC bike themed beer
    [​IMG]