1. Extreme Beer Fest. March 20 & 21, 2015 in Boston, Mass. Join us!
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Beers You Have Literally Drank Your Own Weight Of.

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by DrLasers, Jan 4, 2013.

1. wiscokid920

wiscokid920 Savant (445) Maryland Apr 27, 2011

As I'm finishing up my last semester of college I would have to say PBR, Miller High Life, and my college brewery offering of an IPA (Pearl Street Pale Ale).

2. This

3. JM03

JM03 Initiate (0) Ohio Nov 12, 2010

White Rajah and Hopslam. Many times over

4. FanofHefe

FanofHefe Advocate (700) Illinois Feb 13, 2010

Two Hearted
    Celebration
    Founders Porter

If I get another case of Hopslam this year, then I can add that to the list.

5. Will have to add Hopslam to my list.

6. Yuengling Lager or Sam's Octoberfest, I crush that jammy jam every season it comes out. Might not be the most outstanding beers of their classes, but everyone's got em on tap, they taste great, and they don't destroy your wallet. Good to go.

7. TheBandit1

TheBandit1 Initiate (0) Michigan Mar 19, 2011

College and a few years after: Natural lite, Bud heavy. Busch light, Guinness, Amstel light and Schaefer. Recently: Breakfast Stout, Two Hearted and High Life.

8. Full Sail Session Black, Blue Moon (in my younger days)

Probably getting close with 21A Back in Black, and DFH IBA

9. travMI13

travMI13 Savant (355) Michigan Jan 7, 2012

Gross: Miller Lite, Natty Lite, and probably Bud Light

Awesome: Oberon, Two Hearted, and probably Hopslam after this month

10. djaeon

djaeon Advocate (735) California Oct 2, 2006

I'd say either Ballast Point Wahoo Wheat (have gone through 2 or 3 full kegs of that) or Sam Adams Boston Lager (have had several Costco 28 packs).

DrLasers likes this.
  11. jlt6116

jlt6116 Aficionado (200) California Oct 13, 2009

Anchor X-Mas.
    Pliny

12. Bud
    PBR
    High Life
    Busch Light
    Natural Ice

13. Flower power
    Commidore perry

14. diesel59

diesel59 Savant (400) New York Jan 3, 2012

Molson Golden, Molson Canadian, Pabst Blue Ribbon, Coors Original, Genesee Cream Ale, etc...............

15. searsclone

searsclone Savant (325) Arizona Sep 7, 2006

Then: Coors Light
    Now: FourPeaks Kiltlifter

MAbeerNE1 likes this.
  16. buddha5050

buddha5050 Savant (325) Michigan Sep 27, 2012

If I drank my weight in beer I'd be dead, I'm a big guy lol! I would have to say FBS, Guiness, Miller lite (before I had my come to Jesus moment with craft beer)

17. Great Lakes Elliot Ness

18. adam42381

adam42381 Advocate (545) Florida Oct 10, 2005

Coors Light, Yuengling and Red Oak Amber. Nowadays I switch it up too much to catch up.

19. bifrost17

bifrost17 Initiate (0) Washington Dec 16, 2011

SNPA for sure

20. Celebration
    maybe Bigfoot too

21. Carton Brewing's Boat Beer

22. raynmoon

raynmoon Advocate (550) California Aug 13, 2011

No no no no. that would be correct if it were mass, but liquid is measured in volume, so that is wrong ;).

23. brikelly

brikelly Savant (430) New Hampshire Apr 11, 2010

Boston lager, Guinness, BMC shite.

24. knsbrakes

knsbrakes Initiate (15) Jan 5, 2013

When I was young - Heineken/Bass (the 80's and 90's)

When I was older - Guinesss

When I was smarter - Rogue Dead Guy

Bouts w/ eastern europe pilsners like pilsner and Staro are always an issue - so clean.

25. Well, that's only about 150 Imperial pints.At one time I'd just about drink my own weight of a single beer in a month.That is in the days when my nightly haunt only sold two beers and I only drank one of them! This was Home Brewery Bitter, alas no longer with us.Strangely enough I was happy with this and looked forward to the following evening.A good session beer like that one just grows on you.
    More recently since there's been the brewing revolution I would say I've had well over 150 pints of quite a few beers.Adnam's Southwold Bitter is a certainty, so are Belvoir Dark Horse Mild and Star Bitter, Brewster's Hophead and Marquis,Greene King Abbot Ale, St. Austell tribute, Theakston's Old Peculier,Fuller's London Pride and ESB,Bateman's Dark Mild , Elgood's Black Dog Mild.Woodforde's Wherry,Bass, Marston's Burton Bitter and Pedigree, Timothy Taylor's Landlord. Loads more , I've lost track.

DrLasers likes this.
  26. maniac5999

maniac5999 Disciple (55) New Jersey Oct 12, 2009

We pretty much exclusively drank PBR in college, especially my last two years (04-06--hey, it was $12 a case), so I've definitely done many times my body weight of it, possibly even a whole ton. The beer that we always have on tap at the shore house I've shared with 25 friends for the last seven years is ALWAYS natty light, and we're the biggest party house in town, so I've almost definitely drank a ton of it(there've been three keg nights at our place where we haven't even had guests over).

As for other beers that I've drank my weight of? (160lbs) The only good one is probably Weihenstephaner Hefe-Wei├če. I've bought at least 7 cases of it, probably more, and I get it relatively frequently when I go out. Over the years, I've probably also hit the 160lb mark with Coors light and Miller light too, just from getting dragged out with friends to bad bars where there's nothing better available.

27. StaveHooks

StaveHooks Savant (495) Oklahoma Nov 18, 2008

Sierra Nevada Pale Ale
    Bigfoot
    Old Rasputin
    and....
    Natural light

28. EdH

EdH Aficionado (230) Utah Jul 27, 2005

If my weight is about 10 cases worth... then at least that much in Squatters Full Suspension and Uinta Cutthroat over the past 15 years or so. I'm sure there are more.

29. DC Brau "The Public." I've probably drunk about 3 of me.

30. MarioM

MarioM Advocate (525) California Sep 13, 2009

Lagunitas IPA, Imperial Stout & Capuchino Stout
    Bear Republic's Racer 5 IPA
    Stone IPA
    Anchor's Anchor Steam
    Firestone Union Jack IPA & Pale Ale
    DFH 90 in IPA
    Speak Easy Big Daddy IPA
    and yes, PBR

31. acevenom

acevenom Advocate (545) Louisiana Oct 7, 2011

I know I've at least had 160 lbs. of Samuel Adams Boston Lager in my life. Probably the same with Shiner Bock, Abita Amber, Miller High Life, and a few others.

32. Coors light
    Bud light
    BBC Steel Rail
    Harpoon IPA

33. lurchingbeast

lurchingbeast Initiate (0) Illinois Feb 19, 2009

In my young pre craft days I drank an entire 24 case of Miller Lite on 2 separate occasions. Thus, my answer is probably some macro swill. Those were the beer pong days. Coulda went pro.

If we're talking good beer, Zombie Dust and Bourbon County would be close.

34. College days = Keystone Light, no brainer. Many, many times over. (UNH ranked #7 party school in the nation my freshman year..)

Since = Heady Topper and Smuttynose Finestkind. Also, no brainer.

35. HeyJim

HeyJim Savant (395) Pennsylvania Sep 22, 2012

Molson Canadian
    Yuengling Lager
    Sierra Nevada Pale Ale
    Troegs Hopback Amber

Getting there with Founder's Breakfast Stout. Wouldn't mind adding Old Rasputin to this list as well.

36. Casedogg43

Casedogg43 Savant (490) Indiana Jan 4, 2012

List is too long for me.
    Some real bad beers and some really good ones. We'll leave it at that.

37. bigbeers84

bigbeers84 Savant (380) Minnesota Mar 28, 2011

Surly Furious. But I only weigh 135lbs.

38. SGToliver

SGToliver Savant (325) Washington Nov 22, 2012

St Bernardus 12 for sure. Jesus I love that beer.

39. Celebration fer sure, and I envy your Hill Farmstead Edward. Best beer I had in 2012.

40. It tried to drink my weight in KBS earlier this year, but my weight kept going up so couldn't get there. It was like payng off a cc by paying the minimum balance...