1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Beers You Have Literally Drank Your Own Weight Of.

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by DrLasers, Jan 4, 2013.

1. saburky

saburky Aficionado (230) Ohio Dec 10, 2011

Guinness
    Samuel Smith's (fill in the blank)
  2. hctap00

hctap00 Aficionado (185) Maryland Nov 2, 2012

Labatt Blue. Surprised not to have seen this one yet. Canadian water as we used to call it. Very affordable for a college kid in Michigan, and tastier than the average cheap swill.
  3. ratfink2099

ratfink2099 Aspirant (45) Illinois Aug 18, 2012

Sierra Nevadas' Torpedo when it's warm out, probably Victorys' Storm King in the winter months. I may trade Torpedo out for Zombie Dust or Ruination if I could afford it :(
  4. mixed_master7

mixed_master7 Initiate (0) Florida May 16, 2012

Torpedo, Jai alai, and Yeti.

Pretty sure I've over doubled my weight in High Life/Bud Light/Natty dating back a few years before I got into craft.
  5. Blueribbon666

Blueribbon666 Advocate (500) Ohio Jul 4, 2008

Yeah, definitely the younger early days saw the quantity being over the top I'd have to say Great Lakes Dortmunder Gold, Molson Golden & then Molson Canadian fir the bill here. These days I hardly drink these, not that I would say no...I'm either buying high craft or sessionable, old man, lawnmower, polish patio type stuff ala Genesee Cream, Pabst, or Black Label.
  6. Anchor Steam.
  7. LeRose

LeRose Advocate (545) Massachusetts Nov 24, 2011

Double checked and verified...water weighs 8.331 pounds per gallon, and a gallon is 128 fluid ounces. Beer would be slightly north of 8.3 pounds a gallon depending on the final gravity, so lets say 8.4 divide by 128 times 12 times six...so that all comes out to 4.7 pounds a six pack.

That 4.5 pounds a six pack is close enough for government work! Not being a dick here...I work with this kind of stuff all day. Hard habit to break.

Oh...and consider this was 35 years ago so gimme a break...Miller High Life for me. That is when quantity mattered more than quality....
  8. mverity

mverity Savant (405) Florida Oct 6, 2012

Thanks to college, Natty and Yuengling. Since then, Jai Alai, Two Hearted, DFH 90 Minute, and Hazed and Infused.