Beers you think you will never get to try

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by Bitterbill, Feb 23, 2013.

1. Bitterbill

Bitterbill Poobah (1,145) Wyoming Sep 14, 2002

For me, it's Reality Czeck. 163 Wants vs 2 Gots.:(

Yours?

I *hope* that anyone who posts here with what they think they will never get to try has someone reading it here that can hook them up.;)

Knapp85 and Giovannilucano like this.
  2. Everything beautiful from Hill Farmstead, Darklord... I'll just start there.

3. Willbfun

Willbfun Aficionado (150) New York Sep 28, 2012

Bourbon Count Rare for starters. Westverlen 12, Yorkshire Slingo & Tactical Nuclear Penguin, however I've only been in the craft beer game a little over a year now and prefer to count the blessings on what I have been fortunate to try out. from Bourbon County to Cherry Rye & Coffee Stout, Black Ops, Curieux, a number of selections from the Bruery, belgian and belgain style quads tripels and dubels other barrel ages ales & Russian Imperial stouts. So when I see the top performers on another site each week. I don't "oh I've gotta have em all." Its more of a "Wow, I've already had 1 of em type thing." [​IMG] Happy Tippling.

4. Jadjunk

Jadjunk Savant (365) Georgia Dec 6, 2009

I'll never get to try virtually anything that I have to cancel living real life for- the list is just too long to post here. It's not worth fretting over either.

5. Living in Quebec has its disadvantages... bad import laws are one of them. We have great local beers, but if I want some of the great offerings from South of the border, I am generally out of luck unless I can swing a vacation trip. This Summer I plan on hitting Hill Farmstead, so that helps! However, I don't think I'll ever get a chance to get my hands on anything from The Bruery, New Glarus, Kuhnhenn or Elysian brewing. I also wish I could sample some of the brews from Italy, stuff like Baladin...

Giovannilucano and Willbfun like this.
  6. Hopsiam14

Hopsiam14 Savant (445) Minnesota Jan 23, 2013

Blabaer
    Cable Car
    Surly Darkness '06
    Bourbon Vanilla Darklord
    Veritas
    Isabelle Proximus
    Yada Yada Yada :)

7. FUNKPhD

FUNKPhD Advocate (505) Texas Apr 13, 2010

1902 Kings, but you never know.

mfnmbvp, yamar68 and Bitterbill like this.
  8. Bitterbill

Bitterbill Poobah (1,145) Wyoming Sep 14, 2002

Yeah, I have a history of failures trying to get that.:(

9. where are you located will b fun?

10. willbm3

willbm3 Savant (380) Massachusetts Feb 19, 2010

Cherry Rye. I'm not a whale chaser but everything about this beer sounds like it could be my dream concoction. Sadly no one has responded to my post in the trade forum

MisterGrizz likes this.
  11. StubFaceJoe

StubFaceJoe Initiate (0) Colorado Nov 24, 2011

The only "whalish" beer I'm interested in is M. I don't even really know why. It's probably the hardest beer to get ever, so thats probably the reason.

jglowe77 likes this.
  12. CBS

Prh27 likes this.
  13. joelwlcx

joelwlcx Savant (410) Minnesota Apr 23, 2007

Pliny the Elder/Younger
    Dark Lord
    Westvleteren... Anything
    Most Dogfishhead beers (I did try 60 Minute IPA and Indian Braown Ale when I was in Kentucky.)
    Founders Canadian Breakfast Stout

Countless others... :(

14. Total Wine stocks Stingo

Prh27 and Willbfun like this.
  15. Heady, HF, and Lawson's. I just don't see me being able to finagle a trip up that way just for the beer. Maybe through trades, but I'd need to come up with something real special to have the fellow VT. BAs part with their amazing beers;-)

Lantern likes this.
  16. Willbfun

In Jersey, right up the hill from the Heights Beer & Wine Emporium 69 Rt.17 Love that place.

17. Willbfun

thanks

18. Andygirl

Andygirl Savant (280) Michigan Jan 3, 2013

Black Tuesday

BUT, Bitter Bill, you only have 6 wants. I have one of them though :)

Bitterbill likes this.
  19. adkieffer

adkieffer Savant (330) Washington Nov 23, 2010

Unless I happen into a amazing tasting with it, Duck Duck Gueuze.

20. FUNKPhD

FUNKPhD Advocate (505) Texas Apr 13, 2010

Just going to say, outside of trading, that's about the best place to turn for ticking "unobtainable" beers.

I haven't tried, and probably won't try, but if I happen upon a bottle, that would be awesome.

21. ridglens

ridglens Initiate (0) Indiana Jan 10, 2010

Lots of beers i'll never try, but many of those i don't have much interest in trying! for ones i would love to try, there are lots of super-rare cantillons i probably will never see, i'll never try Dave, and probably won't get to see an old (or maybe even a new!) framboos opened. but, through a bit of time and expense on my part and the incredible generosity from the beer community, i get to try a LOT of really rare, really awesome beers, so i'm definitely in the "count my blessings" crowd. if you got to try them all, it wouldn't be that fun!

Cheers!

Lantern likes this.
  22. Giovannilucano

Giovannilucano Savant (450) Wyoming Feb 24, 2011

If there is some way I could help, I would love for you to try something like Baladin! For me, besides the beauty of Quebec, there is such a lovely metal scene that I have kept my eye on for ten years or so. Voivod, Gorguts, Martyr, Cryptopsy are just the few names I know.

Anyway if there is something from Baladin you would like to try or any other Italian beers, please feel free to beermail with questions and I hope someday to help!

Santé, mon ami

23. rlee1390

rlee1390 Savant (470) Indiana Mar 6, 2010

Dave.

ShanePB and Rollzroyce21 like this.
  24. ...and neither of those Gots are legit - the beer is never bottled. You've got two choices: 1) come out here to beautiful Sonoma County where it's on tap in plenty of places or 2) I can send you a keg. It's rather odd to walk into the local bottle shop to see they've got kegs of Moonlight Brewing beer available, including Reality Czeck. (I can't imagine sending a keg - the cost would be astronomical!)

Rainblows and TheRealDBCooper like this.
  25. Never say never!

Blueribbon666 likes this.
  26. diesel59

diesel59 Savant (400) New York Jan 3, 2012

pliny, hopslam etc..... all the stuff that never hits the east coast:(

ironchefmiyagi13 and Wishdiak like this.
  27. Westy 12, Kate the Great, PTY, Dark Lord.

BlackBelt5112203 and jtdolla911 like this.
  28. Most of the real ales in England :( Particularly those one-offs and seasonals by Black Sheep and the brews from Durham Brewery. Now I am le sad.

FUNKPhD and jtdolla911 like this.
  29. djsmith1174

djsmith1174 Savant (480) Minnesota Aug 21, 2005

Me too. It's not as though the hype around many of them doesn't pique my interest. I just like keeping my beer hobby within reason and budget. Would certainly try many of them if I came across them in my normal routine and the price were not out out of the norm. Always enjoy hearing others opinions on beers that I have not been able to try.

BetterBeerPlz likes this.
  30. Hopslam always hits the east coast. I snagged a case in NC. Granted, in Philly, I'd prolly only be able to grab maybe a six pack if I was lucky

31. Hopslam is all up/down the East Coast. Bet you can still find some from this season even.

32. Pliny and Utopias.

33. diesel59

diesel59 Savant (400) New York Jan 3, 2012

I live in NY..... and I have never seen it...........

ironchefmiyagi13 and jtdolla911 like this.
  34. fredmugs

fredmugs Champion (870) Indiana Aug 11, 2012

Halftime carries a lot of DFH beers plus numerous other Beers of Fame.

35. 2000 De Dolle Stille Nacht Special Reserve.

36. not in MA, or probably even most of New England

37. I would like most of the West Coast stuff that doesn't make it to Mass, or Westy's other than 12. Also would like to try all of the DeStruise Black Damnation and FW Parabola

38. I live in ny and currently have hopslam and pliny.if u want a beer bad enough you can find it eventually

39. DogfishJoe

DogfishJoe Savant (470) Ohio Feb 14, 2010

40. Bourbon county vanilla been eluding me for years

Siggy125 likes this.