1. Extreme Beer Fest. March 20 & 21, 2015 in Boston, Mass. Join us!
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Beers you think you will never get to try

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by Bitterbill, Feb 23, 2013.

1. ESeab

ESeab Advocate (505) New Jersey Jan 3, 2013

CBS, Rare, PtY, white oak jai alai, a continued trend of hard to find beers in general that aren't distributed in NJ. Maybe it really is time to move to San Diego, who's coming with me?

2. ESeab

ESeab Advocate (505) New Jersey Jan 3, 2013

We'll get ya some Parabola. I didn't get heavy heavy into big bottles until this year and was too late on Parabola when it came out. Then one night I stumbled upon a 2011 at a local Diner a few months ago and just drank it recently on my birthday, Great stuff. I think it comes out in May and if you can't get it, I'll search for ya. (There may still be one bottle left at the diner)

3. Hair of the Dog anything

4. jglowe77

jglowe77 Initiate (0) Massachusetts Jan 24, 2011

I don't get these people that are listing Pliny the Elder as a beer that they'll never try....it's still in production. That's what the ISO:FT forum is for. It's easy to get.

nc41 and ilovermont like this.
  5. Utopias :( and Dave from Hair of the Dog

6. alex021224

alex021224 Savant (305) Michigan Nov 3, 2012

CBS and Pliny for me.

7. JOrtt

JOrtt Savant (345) California Dec 20, 2012

I have Westvleteren 12 that I'm willing to trade. I have never had any beers from MN so hit me up. I know I'm fairly new but I'm getting ready for my first trade. I also can get 90 minute IPA. Just finished it this week if you want to try.

Bitterbill likes this.
  8. JOrtt

JOrtt Savant (345) California Dec 20, 2012

I have never had anything from Three Floyds. I guess I'm missing out from all the reviews.

9. TychoNDC

TychoNDC Savant (370) New York Jan 7, 2013

CBS and Bourbon County Rare are probably chief among the wants I may never obtain. Some of the top wild ales like Cable Car, Beatification (more likely), and so on probably will not cross my path either

I'm still holding out that there is a trip to Belgium some day in my future so that I may get a Westy and some good Cantillon among others...

10. Sweet! I just found some Sucaba lying on the shelf at a random store. Might be last year's version, but I'm excited regardless. I'm holding out hope of finding a Parabola. Cheers!

ESeab likes this.
  11. brikelly

brikelly Savant (430) New Hampshire Apr 11, 2010

And this thread morphs into the ISO:FT forum in 3....2....

12. Dan3279

Dan3279 Savant (295) Ohio Dec 21, 2010

Vanilla Dark Lord :(

ABisonEgo likes this.
  13. stayclean

stayclean Savant (360) Wisconsin Mar 17, 2012

Unable to trade at the moment for various reasons, so, a LOT.

14. auggie

auggie Aficionado (125) Illinois Dec 4, 2012

BA Ruffian
    BA Bigfoot
    And the list just keeps on going

15. You're from the land of Surly. Should be easy to put together trades.
    I can get most DFH. If you want to do a trade, bm me.

16. Already here bro...

ESeab likes this.
  17. Duck Duck Gooze
    The 1981 cantillon gueze ( i just dont think ill be that lucky)
    Cable Car
    Utopia
    Hair of the dog Dave
    Tart of Darkness
    As far as the rest im pretty hopefull something will happen.

18. semibaked

semibaked Advocate (685) Kentucky Mar 27, 2007

Pliny the Younger
    M
    Yellow Bus
    Depuration
    Beatification Batch 1 and PH1
    Darkness 07
    Cable Car and Cable Car Kriek
    Alpine Hoppy Birthday
    Most hard to get Cantillons and Drie Fonteinens

19. jrman1386

jrman1386 Aficionado (235) Illinois Oct 22, 2011

Juicy, Rare, and apple brandy huna

20. CTJman

CTJman Advocate (705) Connecticut Jan 14, 2013

beers that are retired. otherwise i wouldnt say never

21. Kate the Great.

22. Sadly King Henry

23. loafinaround

loafinaround Savant (380) New York Jul 16, 2011

speedway vanilla coconut. I believe it WAS bottled. There isn't even a pic of it on google images! It's like a fucking unicorn. It WAS reviewed on BA,so some lucky bastards got to imbibe. sounds like my coconut fantasy.

ABisonEgo likes this.
  24. beercanman

beercanman Savant (485) Ohio Dec 17, 2012

A good one from BMC. Ha! Seriously, I have always wanted to try DL. There are quite a few. Just a matter of time.

25. Pretty sure Bells doesn't distribute to NY. At least not yet.

26. wscaffe

wscaffe Savant (345) Florida May 6, 2011

Story time: I never thought I would get my hands on this delicious nectar. One random Wednesday night, I met a group of beer drinkers at a beer tasting hosted by a local brewery at my apartment complex club house. Afterwards, we headed back to their apartment and one of the guys showed me all the beers he had brought down from Illinois during his move. He asked me if I wanted to drink anything he had brought. I said yes and he chose this. Dreams do come true...

[​IMG]

27. Vonstein15

Vonstein15 Savant (310) Ohio Jan 15, 2010

Kate the Great
    King Henry

and so how it all doesn't matter,to much out there.Cheers

28. Had a Pliny The Younger today!!! so can cross that off the list!

29. For that matter, we had almost everything on his list at Darkness Day last year. He's from North Saint Paul? No excuse to miss D-Day.

30. Pliny the Younger. I just dont forsee traveling THAT far for a beer - and since they dont bottle or do growlers... But what ever. There are plenty of other really good beers out there that I CAN get.

31. alucard6679

alucard6679 Savant (260) Arizona Jul 29, 2012

I've been wanting to try the abyss for a while now, went into total wine and asked if the had any in stock.
    "We had some a couple days ago, but it sold out pretty quick."
    Depression ensues.......

32. I live out on the east end of Long Island and haven't seen anything along the lines of Pliny and Hopslam. Did you trade for those two?

33. Nothing is impossible. Believe it. (Unless it's some 50 bottle limited wackiness). When I was heavy into trading, I got many beers I never expected to try. Many. And there are so many I didn't even know I should have been hunting for but got (Beekeeper!).

34. atomic

atomic Savant (435) Illinois Sep 22, 2009

I think im in the same boat. I have my fingers crossed though, my favorite bottle shop owner just told me hes planning an event where he will be cracking open his bottle of king henry. He owes me one, I basically got Pipeworks to distribute to him and theyve had a beautiful relationship ever since.

35. atomic

atomic Savant (435) Illinois Sep 22, 2009

Just got beatification in a trade yesterday. As long as its not retired, everything in this thread you can get if you want bad enough.

36. bifrost17

bifrost17 Initiate (0) Washington Dec 16, 2011

Dave, and Midnight Sun M.

draheim and Rochefort10nh like this.
  37. Everyone who says they want Pliny and selections from the bruery, message me because I would love to trade for some HF!

bifrost17 likes this.
  38. mfnmbvp

mfnmbvp Advocate (625) Illinois Nov 28, 2012

Worried that I'll never get to try Marooned On Hog Island, and multiple outings from Mikkeller =(

39. bifrost17

bifrost17 Initiate (0) Washington Dec 16, 2011

Dude if you really want Marooned on Hog Island you should be able to trade for it pretty easily.