1. Extreme Beer Fest. March 20 & 21, 2015 in Boston, Mass. Join us!
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Beers you think you will never get to try

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by Bitterbill, Feb 23, 2013.

1. fox227

fox227 Advocate (555) California Nov 19, 2010

The Younger. I know where it's being tapped tomorrow and yet I'm chickening out because I don't want to take the gf to a long, long wait for what might not even be a worthy pay off. I'd like to just try the damn beer sometime, though.

2. shagens

shagens Aficionado (240) Wisconsin Feb 11, 2013

I do not believe there is anything I REALLY want that I will not find. If you are truly motivated you can make it happen.

3. semibaked

semibaked Advocate (685) Kentucky Mar 27, 2007

Haha, consider yourself lucky!

4. kpodolanko

kpodolanko Aficionado (100) Texas Dec 7, 2012

I have tried, literally, every beer that has ever been brewed. I guess this thread doesn't apply to me.

5. infi

infi Savant (455) New York Apr 4, 2009

3F Hommage. Was close, but he ended up trading it to someone else. :(

6. Westverlen 12

7. ABisonEgo

ABisonEgo Savant (290) Illinois Jan 31, 2012

so far, chocolate rain and bourbon vanilla dark lord are the ones that I really want that just keep eluding me

8. Wingfan13

Wingfan13 Aficionado (180) Texas Aug 10, 2009

Younger
    Kate The Great
    Westy 12
    Blabaer
    Hill Farmstead - anything
    Fou Foune
    Hunahphu

9. arfenhouse

arfenhouse Savant (285) California Oct 29, 2012

heady, zombie dust, hopslam, chocolate rain, dark lord, abyss, hunahpu, bcs/bcbs, and black note... until I get into trading.

and probably never (never): PtY unless I get extremely lucky when it gets tapped around here.

10. Anything from brewdog and Sam Adams Utopias. I really am kicking myself in the a$$ for not getting some westverlen 12 when I was in Belgium 2 1/2 yrs ago.

11. yeah well I haven't figured out how the whole illegally shipping beer to PA thing works yet. :/

12. Fair enough. Better move to a new state!

13. MisterGrizz

MisterGrizz Savant (280) Texas Jan 8, 2011

I knew these feels.

14. AJDePaul

AJDePaul Savant (290) Illinois Jun 29, 2012

Bourbon County Vanilla... does it even exist?

Utopias used to be on that list until last night. A badass BA on an IP trade decided to give me a pour after talking for a while. Thanks Kurt!

15. I'd have to say, sadly, Framboos. I've had a few near misses in trade, but nothing ever came to pass. It is my single biggest want, and I would love to crack one when I graduate with my MBA this fall, but it is most likely never gonna happen

16. Would've said Dark Lord but much to my surprise I was able to get a pour Sunday night

17. Westvleteren 12, Pliny the Younger, Hunahpu, Bourbon County Rare, HF Juicy, HF/Blaugies La Vermontoise. Though I may be able to pull some strings on the Vermontoise. At least I hope so. Honestly I'm in the same boat as a few folks on this thread; it would be awesome to try these beers but I've had so many amazing rare beers that I never thought I would so I focus on that.

18. mpayne5

mpayne5 Advocate (555) Indiana Aug 18, 2011

Had opportunities for KH and Reality Czech but was being stingy and didn't want to spend more money on beer, so I don't know if I'll get to try those again.

Oh and CBS. That damn beer always eludes me

19. I live outside Philly and got a case of Hopslam. It's not hard if you know where to look.

20. Haha, Message me some enlightenment for next time I'm home on leave?

21. Dirty Horse
    Cable Car

22. Michigan

Michigan Initiate (0) Michigan Oct 24, 2012

Don't give up hope fellow BAs! I thought I would never try Westvleteren 12, but though some trades, I have acquired 5 bottles. I just drank the first one a few days ago.

I have only been in the craft scene for 6 months and have had 7000, 9000, black note, Westy 12, PtE, Heady, KBE, KRE, and many more. I believe (almost) anything can happen. If you asked me 6 months ago if i thought I would ever try Westvleteren 12, I would have said no. So will I ever try M, Dave, DQ, 1983 Dirty Horse? Probably not, but everything has it's price!

23. I learned a long time ago... Anything is possible. Once you stop stressing looking for a beer it often falls in your lap. I am generous with others and people in tern a generous with me. Do I think I will ever try M? Probably not. I but I am not sweating it.

24. FW10
    Wooden Hell
    M

25. RStang13

RStang13 Savant (290) New Jersey Jun 22, 2011

BCBVS. That is all...

Bitterbill likes this.
  26. Bitterbill

Bitterbill Poobah (1,135) Wyoming Sep 14, 2002

I had that for New Years Day 2011, thanks to a great trade with wedgie9. Thanks again, Andy!

I said in my review that because of the alcohol, it could use some cellaring time but I'm thinking now, wouldn't the Vanilla fade away? That made the brew, imho.

27. tlacott1

tlacott1 Aficionado (130) Maryland Jun 16, 2012

This is a depressing thread =[

28. hardy008

hardy008 Champion (760) Minnesota Jan 12, 2008

Pliny the Younger.

29. 2nd This.
    The only (non-internal) release missing in my Quingenti Collection, tis a sad thing there were so few. I've met a few who still have some cellar'd away, but they're not letting go.