1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Beers you will never drink again

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by keithmurray, Oct 14, 2012.

1. Prize Old Ale
    Death by hops
    Anything by skull coast (if they're even still in business)

I would say evil eye, but you never know, in 50 years, I might be homeless.

2. Pliny the Younger. Once, I walked into a bar and got a glass without any issue. Pure luck. I will never likely be in the right place and time for that to happen again.

cnbrown313 and gkatsoris like this.
  3. Horbar

Horbar Advocate (570) Rhode Island Feb 24, 2012

Not enough time to list them all. Lmao. There is a lot of shitty beers out there.

4. Any Stone IPA/DIPA. I just had Best By 12/21/12. It was my last hope for them to make something that I liked and it was an unbalanced mess. I suppose they were a pioneer in the style, but I feel like they are lost way behind, now.

luwak likes this.
  5. hilgart1

hilgart1 Savant (405) Illinois Feb 20, 2011

Mamma mia pizza beer. Gross.

6. Especially Oude Timey!

7. DNICE555

DNICE555 Savant (495) Connecticut Aug 13, 2008

Lagunitas Gnarlywine. I enjoy a lot of their beers... but not this one.

8. Chuck5315

Chuck5315 Aficionado (120) Missouri Apr 18, 2012

Voodoo doughnut

9. BrownNut

BrownNut Savant (305) Florida Jul 11, 2011

Samichlaus doppelbock. WTF! Awful. Twisted my mouth.

10. stickboy1125

stickboy1125 Savant (250) Virginia Jan 28, 2012

To add to the list I posted a while back:

Avery Ale to the Chief - luckily I only got a 4 oz. pour or I would have drain poured it

11. anything by Kona Brewing... really disappointed in all of their beers.

12. powz87

powz87 Initiate (0) Illinois Jan 18, 2012

voodoo donut and pretty much all of the two brothers anniversary beers

13. Only because I don't think I'll make it here again.[​IMG]

14. Agree with the first two but anything from southern tier??? That's insanity. ST creme brûlée is bad but most of their offerings are fantastic!

15. three floyds and brewdog's bitch please collaboration effort. for a quarter of the price i could eat a pack of dry erase markers and get the same flavor experience...

16. joeebbs

joeebbs Savant (360) Pennsylvania Apr 29, 2009

Bud Light Lime

Lucidious likes this.
  17. thats pretty unfair criticism, the well built esb from breckenridge is damn good, and tommyknocker's maple brown, butthead bock, and cocoa porter are all tasty beers in the right context. i agree all have weak offerings too, but dont throw the whole brewery under the bus

18. Preluderl

Preluderl Savant (420) Pennsylvania Sep 27, 2012

A lot will disagree with this one, but Bell's Two Hearted is one of the worst things I've ever tasted.

It's like ripping a handful of dandelions out of the ground and eating them. Gross.

19. Brunite

Brunite Savant (430) Illinois Sep 21, 2009

Friend,

I have a great suggestion, if i may?

I will send you, free of charge, a capper and case of bottle caps. Any beer that you try in the future...rather than draining it...recap and send my way. Problem solved.

20. fvernon

fvernon Savant (370) Wisconsin Mar 1, 2010

post-2009 i'd have said a BCBS float (yeah, you read that right)... but now that I can regularly pick up a case again, i know what i'm busting out this summer with a little french vanilla ice cream!

21. As long as you like them thats all that matters. Its not unfair critism in any way, its my thoughts, the drinker, the buyer etc. Everything ive ever had from the three breweries i listed are quite simply entry level craft beers. Feel free to have my share of breckenridges esb and tommys cocoa porter. , ill be enjoying my fullers esb and founders porter:)

22. hdofu

hdofu Savant (260) Maryland Jan 31, 2008

I'll second that

23. Anything from fullsteam.

24. fair enough mate, fair enough

25. Petersean

Petersean Initiate (15) Dec 5, 2012

Years of searching and I have found nothing to compare to the original Ballantine's I.P.A. Pay day in the factory I worked in Medford, Mass., required an immediate trip to the package store for a full case. Would have been late 60's thru early 70's. Made my wife crazy-but she loved it too. Smelled like fine whiskey when you cracked one open. Bliss! Does anyone make anything even close to it today? What happened to the original recipes?

26. HOMEPL8

HOMEPL8 Aficionado (230) Virginia Dec 26, 2010

21st Amendment Hell or High Watermelon

27. HANGOVER

HANGOVER Aficionado (185) Nov 23, 2012

Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale continues to disappoint, I can't understand the hype for this beer I think it is an unbalanced bitter bomb that I keep buying because it's so popular. This year is the last year i'm done, next year i'm going to be disappointed by some other holiday release.

LegalBrew87 likes this.
  28. GrandmaDeath

GrandmaDeath Aspirant (45) Illinois Jun 21, 2012

2011 DFH Ta Henket. Had it at a tasting of all the 2011 DFH releases, I'm not sure anyone finished their pour of it.

29. airrick11

airrick11 Disciple (60) California Jul 13, 2009

1997 Sam Adams Triple Bock...Soy sauce all the way

30. mmc1369

mmc1369 Zealot (95) New Jersey Mar 7, 2006

rogue chipotle ale

31. ramoshms

ramoshms Zealot (85) California Feb 11, 2011

Voodoo Doughnut for sure. Nasty.

32. ramoshms

ramoshms Zealot (85) California Feb 11, 2011

Sam Adams Cherry Wheat never do again.

33. Does anyone remember red dog beer? Yuck!!!

34. Jfriz25

Jfriz25 Savant (295) Wisconsin Jun 8, 2012

I'll never have GI Nightstalker again. Split a bomber with a couple friends last Saturday and it was universally hated to the point we were wondering if something was wrong with it.

35. Rogue Hazlenut Brown.

36. Wetpaperbag

Wetpaperbag Savant (425) Washington Aug 14, 2007

Most anything by Rogue, NA stuff, Camo Black Ice, Bud Chelada, Moose Drool, Fat Tire, and DFH Punk.

37. willbm3

willbm3 Savant (380) Massachusetts Feb 19, 2010

Weirdly enough they still sell it at my local packy. I bought a 6 pack about a year ago for nostalgia's sake, since it's the first actual beer I can remember from when I was a kid. I'll never forget sitting in the backseat of my parents car and seeing the neon Red Dog sign in the window of someone's dorm at the college near my house. But yeah, I bought it and it was HARSH

38. miller lite

39. Lucidious

Lucidious Initiate (0) California Nov 15, 2012

Steel Reserve. I've never had night where that's involved that didn't end with red and blue lights and my hands behind my back.

willbm3 likes this.
  40. kemoarps

kemoarps Advocate (590) Washington Apr 30, 2008

Sam Adams Coastal Wheat Lemon Clorox mess