1. American Craft Beer Fest returns to Boston on May 29 & 30, featuring 640+ beers from 140+ brewers. Tickets are on sale now.

Beers you will never drink again

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by keithmurray, Oct 14, 2012.

1. One of the nastiest abominations I've ever had the misfortune of tasting.

2. Redhook ESB or IPA
    Widmer Hefeweizen
    Pyramid
    Blue Moon
    Shock Top
    Bud
    Leinenkugels
    New Belgium Shift
    Hermitage sour
    Stella Artois

There are so many lousy beers out there.

3. JLoden

JLoden Aspirant (40) Dec 3, 2012

anything by Peoples!!!

4. Ballantine IPA was brewed in various breweries over the years, with different recipes. The ABV and IBUs were said to have gone down over the years. A couple of clone recipes were in IPA by Mitch Steele. There was a beer brewed by Portsmouth Brewing called Clusters Last Stand which followed on of the recipes, but was finished with Columbus hops.

I finally got around to homebrewing a clone. It is now in the keg for maturation. Will age it then dry hop, should be an interesting experience drinking this one.

5. Porkhustle

Porkhustle Initiate (0) Dec 6, 2012

I drink plenty of 80-85 range beers because I need to balance my beer budget, but also because I think a "good" beer is nothing to shy away from. That said, I would rather eat a bucket of chum than a Saranac Caramel Porter, any pumpkin beer (from Pumking to Pumpkinhead), Breckinridge Summer, and Port Jeff Smoked IPA.

6. LudaFiske

LudaFiske Zealot (90) California Apr 24, 2011

The most overrated beer I'll never drink again is Flat Tire from New Belgium.

7. Thirstygoat

Thirstygoat Savant (445) Illinois Nov 22, 2012

Oarsman

SlowWideTurns likes this.
  8. KAP1356

KAP1356 Savant (370) Pennsylvania Mar 26, 2009

Without a doubt, Atwater Vanilla Java Porter. I've given it a try twice now and each time it just pisses me off.

Second would be Mamma Mia! Pizza Beer. I mean, come on...really?

9. RelentlessLefty

RelentlessLefty Savant (290) Iowa Nov 1, 2012

I really hate blue moon and shock top(the other blue moon, I hear everyone call it). Everyone I am around drinks it to death.

10. abeerlovr

abeerlovr Aficionado (160) Florida Jul 22, 2011

Bud Light, makes me feel bad after half a bottle
    Stone 16th, had it last night, could not finish the glass...WAY too sweet
    Shiner Oktoberfest, plain yuck
    Last year's Vertical Epic...not epic at all

11. Awful beer.

12. cnbrown313

cnbrown313 Savant (420) Illinois May 29, 2012

Big Sky - Kriek. Hopefully it was just an infected batch or something, but it honestly tasted like vomit. I never want to experience that taste again.

MIA4IPA likes this.
  13. Preluderl

Preluderl Savant (485) Pennsylvania Sep 27, 2012

Bell's Two Hearted. Vile concoction.

luwak likes this.
  14. Zhiguli

Zhiguli Savant (295) California Jul 12, 2012

wtf? i can't even rule out BMC and this dude ruled out RIS? that stuff is nice!

15. akbeerfiend

akbeerfiend Aficionado (110) Alaska May 14, 2009

13$ you got off easy, I think I paid 18! horrible swill...

16. Lagunita's Daytime and Kentucky Bourbon Ale. Bleck!

17. redbok

redbok Aspirant (35) Ohio Dec 6, 2012

Adams Bonfire Rauchbier -- I don't have anything against the style, but this one smells like the remains of a two-day-old house fire. Makes Schlenkerla seem like the Dom PĂ©rignon of bottled beer.
    Shiner Holiday Cheer -- (peaches & pecans) Sweeter fruit adjunct beers are generally OK by me, in moderation of course. This one has the charm of an arrogant high school cheer leader.
    Bells Two Hearted -- If I wanted to drink flowers, I would pour my wife's perfume in a short glass filled with chipped ice.

18. luwak

luwak Savant (310) Arizona Mar 2, 2010

no, that's a totally gross beer (not as bad as Rogue Shakespeare Stout but bad); he's right.

19. luwak

have you had the stouts?

20. luwak

yeah one of the worst things ever bottled...

21. MIA4IPA

MIA4IPA Aficionado (240) Illinois Aug 23, 2012

DFH 120 Don't get it!
    Firestone Walker DDBA YUCK!!

BTW I loved Voo Doo Doughnut!!

22. What an interesting thread to read. For me: Weyerbacher Insanity.

23. Scratch Sue. Had it again and it was superb. First bottle must have been infected.

24. greg357

greg357 Aficionado (110) Wisconsin Jun 18, 2010

My neighbor drinks it almost exclusively. I could wave my 2011 BCBS under his nose, and he'd go for the 'Dog every time, never understood it. On the other hand, it's a LOT cheaper to supply beer to parties he's invited to....

cnbrown313 likes this.
  25. supermodified

supermodified Aficionado (240) Ohio Nov 28, 2012

Evil Twin The Cowboy. The bottle sports a very hip-looking label that hides the vile swill inside. A smoked pilsener, it's hard to tell what wood was used; either old shipping pallets or cheap particle board furniture.

Southern Tier Harvest was pretty bad, too.

26. DFH Theobroma and Twisted Pine Ghost Face Killah (unless its in a recipe)

27. BCBS or any of its variations.

28. Drucifer

Drucifer Savant (495) Illinois Apr 16, 2012

DFH Tu Henket; supposedly it's very realistic as an Egyptian beer, but a fishy beer doesn't appeal to my palate.

29. Gannon81

Gannon81 Aficionado (185) Oregon Jan 5, 2012

Um, Beast Ice?

CommanderOfAwesome likes this.
  30. SeaOfShells

SeaOfShells Savant (350) California Feb 22, 2011

The worst two beers I've ever had were DFH Ta Henket, and Shorts Raisin Apollo. The latter tasted like pea soup, and the former was reminiscent of steeped gym socks.

31. ae fin du monde......just don't get people's love for this beer....or brewery for that matter...

32. MapleSyrup

MapleSyrup Zealot (90) New Jersey Jan 29, 2011

Guinness Black Lager..

33. Add Southern Tier's Creme Brulee to that list. It tastes like eating a vanilla scented Yankee candle.

34. LostTraveler

LostTraveler Savant (375) Maine Oct 28, 2011

please write this review.....

35. While PtE was pretty amazing, I was really disappointed in Heady Topper (not that it's terrible). I guess I'm fortunate to live in Michigan and have access to tons of amazing beer.

36. Done.

LostTraveler likes this.
  37. PtY is mine as well for similar reasons. I was living out in Bend, OR in 2010 and just happened to live up the hill from the now long gone Abbey Pub. The sixtel of PtY lasted the first night and into the next afternoon and I was able to enjoy four glasses over that time. I would put the chances of me ever living within walking distance of a quiet PtY tapping again at about 0%.

eyeenjoybeer likes this.
  38. Cave Creek Chili Beer. Tastes like a flat Corona spiced up with a very hot chili pepper... so spicy hot that it burns your lips with every sip. I have had maybe 20,000 beers in my life and this one was my absolute worst experience.

39. GRG1313

GRG1313 Champion (910) California Jan 15, 2009

Sam Adams Triple Bock
    Tactical Nuclear Penquin
    Sink the Bismark,

and respectfully, and while I love most Dogfish Head brews and respect the hell out of Sam, perhaps the worst thing I've ever tasted,.....

Tweason'ale

40. Lipsntoes

Lipsntoes Savant (355) Ohio Jul 15, 2012

A drain pour that I wont be crossing paths with again.... Fat Head's Bumble Berry.

And DFH Pumpkin Ale - Yuck.