Beers you will never drink again

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by keithmurray, Oct 14, 2012.

1. UCLABrewN84

UCLABrewN84 Poobah (1,430) California Mar 18, 2010 Verified

You should try Ghost Face Killah.

2. Buffalo Bill's Blueberry Stout...just horrid.

3. saburky

saburky Aficionado (240) Ohio Dec 10, 2011

Yuengling Lite Lager ... picked one up by mistake

4. BGdad

BGdad Aficionado (135) Iowa Oct 9, 2012

boulevard unfiltered wheat....

5. BourbonDork

BourbonDork Savant (300) Virginia Sep 15, 2010

6. Yellow snow IPA. And Monks Revenge. Just don't like Belgian flavor to an IPA. It's almost insulting.

7. yeah, not impressed.

8. Penn Brewery's Penn Pilsner because it is not a Pilsner or Vienna-Style lager.

9. mjurney

mjurney Savant (320) Texas Oct 13, 2007

Rogue John John Hazelnut Rum Barrel Aged
    Pyramid Audacious Apricot Ale
    Mississippi Mud Black & Tan
    Left Hand 400 Pound Monkey
    Hidden River Pale Ale
    Dogfish Head Theobroma
    Harpoon UFO Hefeweizen
    Flying Dog Snake Dog IPA
    Victory Golden Monkey
    Ska Brewing Decadent Imperial IPA
    Fischer Tradition Amber

10. Back in Black

Ivegotmule likes this.
  11. Dogfish Head Black & Red was pretty revolting and I would go to great lengths to avoid drinking it again. If I wanted to drink a mixture of 120 and mouthwash, well, I probably wouldn't post about it.

12. travMI13

travMI13 Savant (400) Michigan Jan 7, 2012 Verified

Kate the Great.

Not that it's bad, but I'll never make it to Kate Day, and, after having it, I'll never pony up the ridiculous amount of great stuff that it takes to land on the trade market.

13. You should try Ghost Scorpion Lager ;):cool:

14. EyePeeAyBryan

EyePeeAyBryan Advocate (670) Arizona Dec 20, 2011 Verified

In Arizona, ANYTHING from Phoenix Ale Company...and also ST's Creme Brulee Stout - the WORST beer I've ever had. Sadly wasted the money and order on that beer while in Alston, MD at Sunset Grill (which has to be one of the best beer places on the east coast).

15. slm100

slm100 Disciple (70) Dec 11, 2012

Rogue Voodoo Doughnut - both Bacon Maple Ale and Chocolate, Peanut Butter & Banana Ale. Should be reported to the Trade Descriptions! :(

16. why?

17. kcRhyno

kcRhyno Disciple (50) Oct 17, 2012

Dogfish Head Midas Touch

18. paulytasker

paulytasker Savant (460) New York May 16, 2012 Verified

I find that i go against the masses here, but Victory's Hop Wallop. Don't know if i just happened to get a bad batch but it had an overwhelmingly soapy finish that i'm still tasting a year later. Love the rest of thier line-up however.

audioserf likes this.
  19. jlpred55

jlpred55 Savant (305) Iowa Jul 26, 2006

Heady Topper, PtE and Zombie Dust, in that order.

20. ditmier

ditmier Aficionado (135) Idaho Nov 22, 2008

Ovila, wow that sucked. I should have known based on the shelf price...it probably didn't even cover the cost of that fancy bottle.

21. t420o

t420o Advocate (595) California Jul 16, 2009

Natty Ice. For 5.9% or whatever that crap was, it was the booziest beer under 10% I've ever had. Granted, I haven't had it since college, but I still gag thinking of it. At least Keystone Ice was semi-drinkable

22. djaeon

djaeon Champion (755) California Oct 2, 2006

There's isn't a beer that I wouldn't drink again. There are many beers that I wouldn't buy again, but if it were offered to me at a party or something, I'd take it without complaining (or maybe if I knew the person well enough, I might tease them a little;) )

23. I take the word "never" to mean something strong. What beer is so bad that even if I were offered up a glass for free, I wouldn't even try it? I have only one answer to this question: DFH Black and Red.

Note: if your answer was Voodoo Doughnut Bacon Maple Ale, you don't know anything about beer.

24. brother_kenneth

brother_kenneth Advocate (600) Virginia Oct 22, 2012 Verified

As of just now, fucking Epic Brainless on Cherries.:eek:

25. slm100

slm100 Disciple (70) Dec 11, 2012

My answer was Voodoo Maple Bacon and I actually know a lot about beer! Everyone has different tastes, some of my friends liked it others did not.

26. Yeah? What did you hate about the beer? There is literally no quality about that beer that some other beer doesn't exhibit in a much more extreme way. You are picking that beer because it is the popular thing to do, and that's why I say you don't know beer.

Please know, I don't begrudge anyone's personal tastes. I don't think you should like the beer, but to say that THAT BEER is SO HORRIBLE that you would NEVER taste it again, exhibits some lack of understanding.

27. Everything Mikkeller...been given enough chances, not impressed.

28. supermodified

supermodified Aficionado (245) Ohio Nov 28, 2012

Breckenridge Christmas Ale makes Breckenridge Vanilla Porter look fantastic in comparison. I tried it last night, and if I had brewed that myself, I would have poured out the entire mess and put all of my equipment up for sale on Craig's list.

29. cyrushire

cyrushire Champion (845) Florida May 25, 2012 Verified Subscriber

Laughing Dog "Doggfather." Worst stout ever!

30. SN Brux. I saw some of the Brettanomyces bruxellensis trying to get out of that toxic bath.

31. I'm a Victory lover but I agree with this. I've had Wallop once in bottle and once on draft and I had the soapy experience both times. I can't begrudge a brewery as overall amazing as Victory one beer that I don't dig, however. Victory for life.

32. jewcandy81

jewcandy81 Zealot (75) Maryland Mar 25, 2011

Long time reader, but don't think I have ever posted, but here goes:

Swamp Ape IPA by Florida Beer Company was just gross.
    Victory Wild Devil - To me is tasted like dirty socks smell

33. the beer isn't good and its inconsistent.

34. krl2112

krl2112 Advocate (670) Illinois Nov 10, 2012 Verified

CW Bourbon Barrel Barleywine. Wayyyyy too chewy. Drain poured it.

35. Flashy

Flashy Advocate (640) Vermont Oct 22, 2003

Catamount Christmas. No really, Innis and Gunn Rum Cask. Got three cases in a fire sale and pretty much had to choke them down. And I like beer and I like rum.

36. 21st Amendment Hell Or High Watermelon
    Foothills Seeing Double
    Mikkellers 1000 IBU
    Southern Tier Pumking

37. no seeing double?! why?

38. MarioM

MarioM Advocate (550) California Sep 13, 2009

Original Orange Blossom Ale...