1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Beers you will never drink again

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by keithmurray, Oct 14, 2012.

1. AleCollector

AleCollector Zealot (80) New Mexico Jul 24, 2009

Just had a 2011 Infinium...I've smelled baby vomit that's less baby-vomity than that...

2. Millyvfloyd

Millyvfloyd Zealot (95) Texas Jan 14, 2011

JW Lees Lagavulin Cask...hands down one of the worst beers that I've ever had. I don't like scotch though so go figure

3. AZBeerMan

AZBeerMan Disciple (65) Arizona Aug 31, 2011

PBR

Oh wait, I will drink my one annual PBR on a family trip to the beach. I can't help it, it's a tradition.

4. AZBeerMan

AZBeerMan Disciple (65) Arizona Aug 31, 2011

La Fin Du Monde

Had too much of it on an empty stomach about 15 years ago and I thought it was La Fin du Monde (the end of the world). Can't stand the smell of it anymore.

DrDaves49 likes this.
  5. njhopspop

njhopspop Savant (335) New Jersey Oct 17, 2010

6. The Bruery 5 Golden Rings. I am an avid Bruery fan and member of the Reserve Society, but that was nasty! Pineapple does not work in beer!

7. Voodoo Doughnut
    FCB Major Tom's
    Moosehead

8. VonZipper

VonZipper Savant (450) New York Feb 9, 2011

Anything Kirkland.

9. DocJitsu

DocJitsu Savant (440) California Dec 28, 2009

Uuuuuhhhhh, Heady?

10. Some beer called Grolsch!!! That $#!t gave me and my friend bubble guts.....then his bro goes and buys some for him and his boys and they all get the runs!! Conclusion, if you want to get a cheap enema or colon cleanse buy yourself a 12 pack and wait.......

11. DocJitsu

DocJitsu Savant (440) California Dec 28, 2009

Magic Hat #9 and FW 15th.

12. JarlowMarlow

JarlowMarlow Disciple (50) Florida Jul 10, 2012

Laughing dog Rocket Dog, such a mess I had to pour it

13. Dogfish Head Raison D'Etre - Woof! - sugar beets and raisins.

14. Anything by Magic Hat. Their quality really took a dip since being acquired by NAB.

Also Bell's Oberon.

15. midas touch
    Pissenlit
    Maple nipple

16. PHKrames

PHKrames Aficionado (215) Illinois Sep 14, 2011

Voodoo Doughnut. Can't say that I am too interested in the new Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana either from them.

Giovannilucano and slm100 like this.
  17. Even the hellhound? I loved it.

18. Totally agree.

19. CosmicTom

CosmicTom Initiate (0) Nov 6, 2012

Three Philosophers and Carolina Brewery's Oatmeal Porter. Long stories.

20. Never ever again. It's local so i gave it a try. Worst beer i've ever tasted in my life.[​IMG]

21. cjoc83

cjoc83 Savant (470) Pennsylvania Jul 31, 2010

Thirsty Dog Raspberry Ale. Atrocious.

22. so many i could list, but off the top of my head, Southern Tier Creme Brûlée Stout, way, way to sweet

23. slm100

slm100 Disciple (70) Dec 11, 2012

I know that a beer quoted as saying Maple/Bacon or Peanut Butter/Chocolate is not going to taste like that but have notes of it on the pallet and in the nose. Could I taste Maple? Yes. Bacon? Also yes. It was described by a friend as a sweet beer, it was not. I am not saying it was disgusting - just not my taste and probably one that I would not try again. It was served cold, maybe served warmer at room temperature would have been better.

Most people have a preference either in the form of a blonde, red, stout, IPA etc. I am not an IPA fan but I do try them. As with all varieties of beer some are excellent and some are not. I prefer strong ales and stouts, do I like them all? No, but I try them all.

I am not picking that beer because it is a popular thing to do - in fact I did not even look at what other people had chosen until after. Voodoo does, however, seem to be a popular non-popular choice.

I also quote what you said.. 'I don't think you should like the beer, but to say that THAT BEER is SO HORRIBLE that you would NEVER taste it again, exhibits some lack of understanding'
    However YOU answered this thread with 'DFH Black and Red' as a beer you would never drink again!

And Yes I DO know Beer.

24. freyguy10

freyguy10 Zealot (90) New York Jan 16, 2011

Sam Adams Cranberry Lambic , Horrible, one of the first beers i tried when i was getting into craft beer, almost ruined my taste palate.

Strwrs777 likes this.
  25. I'm not sure I get your point. Have you ever had DFH Black and Red? It is so bad, I paid a homeless guy to let me lick his ass so I could get that flavor out of my mouth. That's what this whole thread was about...disgusting beer. Not beers that you didn't like, but beers that warrant eradication, not consumption.

It's a very wonderful BeerAdvocate thread.

Pedrobud1 likes this.
  26. Pedrobud1

Pedrobud1 Initiate (20) Dec 16, 2012

There are some great Vermont beers. Try Switchback and many from microbreweries. I live here and hate the politics but the beer is great. Harpoon, Long Trail, etc worth a try and many have great ratings on beeradvocate.com

27. Pedrobud1

Pedrobud1 Initiate (20) Dec 16, 2012

It must have been bad to lick a homeless guys ass to get the taste out of your mouth.

28. it smells like breakfast!!! but tastes like smoked wood chips with caramel sap

Durb777 likes this.
  29. i loved the Peach Porch!

30. I concur. Black and Red was just vile.

31. Maurod4d

Maurod4d Zealot (95) Dec 16, 2012

Agreed... fruity drinks are meant to be served blended with ice on the rocks...my beer is not meant to tast like a juice box :)

lucasj82 likes this.
  32. ramseye4

ramseye4 Aficionado (205) Virginia May 14, 2010

The Cave Creel Chili Beer. Never, Ever, again.

33. Don't get interested. The new one is pretty meh.

slm100 likes this.
  34. DonFrap

DonFrap Savant (480) Massachusetts Feb 27, 2011

fantome magic ghost. yuuuuuuuck

35. starkmarvelo

starkmarvelo Advocate (500) Nevada Jan 20, 2010

Yes. Even Hellhound. It's not that the beer is bad, it's just that they are overpriced and underwhelming.

Ivegotmule likes this.
  36. acevenom

acevenom Advocate (545) Louisiana Oct 7, 2011

Beers I will never have again?
    1) Shipyard Pumpkin Ale
    2) Buffalo Bill's Pumpkin Ale
    3) Shiner Ruby Redbird

37. burri

burri Aspirant (40) Cyprus Nov 11, 2012

Just had a Germania Pilsner.. And i will never have it ever again, same thing goes for Keo. i prefer not to drink.

38. fuzzcherry

fuzzcherry Savant (275) Minnesota Sep 8, 2010

Any beer that tastes like bandaids. I'm talking about you, entire Brau Brothers selection.

39. RenoZymurgist

RenoZymurgist Savant (375) Nevada May 4, 2003

Everything made by Rogue, low quality high price no bottle dates

josephwa and MontereyBay831 like this.