1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Beers you will never drink again

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by keithmurray, Oct 14, 2012.

1. Ravenacht

Ravenacht Advocate (500) Florida Aug 10, 2012

Oh i forgot ST Harvest Ale...
  2. Anything within the IPA style.
    Goggy, SupremePie, Reinbeck11 and 2 others like this.
  3. CincyTK

CincyTK Aficionado (195) Ohio Dec 21, 2010

Horny Goat IPA. And I use the term "IPA" loosely with this beer. it is horrible.
    nickapalooza86 likes this.
  4. Steeeve

Steeeve Savant (255) Pennsylvania Nov 16, 2010

Brewdog Paradox Smokehead... tasted like a cheap cigar aged on fart alcohol. Gross.
    jjanega08 and ncaudle like this.
  5. Dennoman

Dennoman Savant (485) Belgium Aug 20, 2011

Floris Chocolat. Never. Ever. Ever. Again.
  6. Mikkeller it's alive lychee...that could be one of the worst beers I've ever had. I drank the whole thing though, because it cost too damn much to pour out. I muscled through. Still gives my tongue the shakes.
    kmatlack likes this.
  7. bellce0

bellce0 Aficionado (220) Georgia Feb 20, 2010

Definite drainpour...Before-After (Doppelbock) from our friends in Lithuania.
  8. Stinger80OH

Stinger80OH Advocate (640) Ohio Nov 11, 2011

Voodoo Donut, Pink Killer, Grolsch, anything from Magic Hat, Bud Platinum
    RobertColianni likes this.
  9. Anything Magic Hat or Atwater. OMG....:(

Probably will never have a Bud Light Lime.... But I guess that's cheating since you said, "again" You see, I've never had it the first time..... "I'll have an iced tea with lemon please!" :cool:
    gwguest likes this.
  10. geimerman

geimerman Zealot (95) Illinois May 12, 2012

DFH - Ta Hanket - Did a DFH tasting with 31 of their beers this Jan with 12 people. Most everyone loved the majority of beers and liked the others, but Ta Henket got spit out and dumped by most and only 1 person liked it enough to drink their share.
    JulianB and BreakingBad like this.
  11. VaTechPhilly

VaTechPhilly Savant (255) New York Oct 28, 2010

Festine Peache....drank half of one and gave the rest of beers away
    RobertColianni likes this.
  12. I love festina peche
  13. shand

shand Advocate (645) Florida Jul 13, 2010

I don't think I'd be willing to write off a beer from one, or even two experiences. Bad batches happen, even long lines of bad batches. I'd had two bad Twisted Pine Hoppy Boys before having one good one.
    sbuysse likes this.
  14. fmccormi

fmccormi Champion (750) New York Oct 24, 2010

Fair. But falseā€”Sam Adams Cherry Wheat. Never again.
    darky, CincyTK and BryanK like this.
  15. luwak

luwak Savant (305) Arizona Mar 2, 2010

ha! i had in this in about 1996 it is terrible course i actually would like to taste it now even though i despise Bock beers and pretty much everything SA makes...but im curious how i'd feel..of course after almost 20 years...who knows what it would be like
  16. luwak

luwak Savant (305) Arizona Mar 2, 2010

lol Trader Joe's who brewed it for them?
  17. sullenbee

sullenbee Savant (340) Michigan Jan 15, 2010

Completely forgot about the Belgo Anise IRS from Stone. The anise was waaaaaaaaaayyyy overpowering. Maybe it got better with some age on it, but that experience made me never want to try it again.
  18. Three Philosophers, really good beer, but every time I think of it the thought of that cherry turns my stomach.
  19. JBogan

JBogan Savant (445) Nevada Jul 15, 2007

Pretty much anything that only comes in bombers.
    nickapalooza86 and BigCheese like this.
  20. Wow. I am surprised at this choice. Honestly that is one of my favorite black IPAs. The hops are a little overpowering, but I can't see finding this a bad beer. To each their own, I guess.
    chanokokoro and nickapalooza86 like this.
  21. Frangelic Mountain Brown. The worst beer I have ever had
    chanokokoro likes this.
  22. I was not impressed with Breckenridge at all either. Just bland, overpriced beer that does nothing special whatsoever.
  23. I will never drink Jolly Pumpkin's Madrugada Obscura Dark Dawn Stout again. It wasn't overly offensive, and as a sour stout, actually worked relatively well. I just can't see spending ~$16 on a bottle that didn't really do anything for me. I may soon be adding Bells It Goes to 11 to this list. The first bottle I had was borderline awful, especially for a style that is one of my favorites. I'm going to give it one more shot, but my hopes are not high.
  24. Ithaca Groundbreak
  25. Please send me all your unwanted Festina Peche. I will but it out of it's misery.
    vicsju1991 likes this.
  26. Brise-Bonbons... liquid garbage
  27. Wild Blue...I spit it out completely.
    akbeerfiend and mzeld like this.
  28. JoeyBeerBelly

JoeyBeerBelly Initiate (0) New York Dec 15, 2006

29. ...What do you not like about Southern Tier if you don't mind me asking? Just curious. I like what I've tried from them?
  30. Anything from Rogue.
    blackcloud, LeRose, sbuysse and 2 others like this.
  31. pumpkin,fruit, or belgian beers. Have no use for beer that tastes like pumpkin pie or bananas.
  32. 2beerdogs

2beerdogs Champion (765) California Jan 31, 2005

Completely, and resectfully disagree with this one. In fact, it scores me beer points with the wife!!;)
    tzieser, Goggy, kmatlack and 2 others like this.
  33. divineaudio

divineaudio Savant (400) Michigan Dec 7, 2009

This.

Sometimes I feel like I should appreciate Atwater since I live less than 5 miles away, but all of their beer just sucks.
  34. Scalzo

Scalzo Savant (375) Illinois Feb 27, 2012

Saison-Brett
    gory4d likes this.
  35. ng85

ng85 Aficionado (210) California Dec 15, 2011

Green Flash's Rayon Vert
  36. Green Flash Rayon Vert. Smelled like a dirty diaper and didn't taste much better. I am just not into Brett.
  37. ST Pumpking - a foul concoction if I ever had one.
    SWChi and omniscientcause like this.
  38. Brestel

Brestel Aficionado (120) Nebraska Mar 15, 2006

Budwiser and Goose Island Sophie. I am sure most like Sophie, but it is not for me. It is an aftertaste thing. My most expensive drain pour.
    Gamblor14 likes this.
  39. CellarGimp

CellarGimp Savant (465) Missouri Sep 14, 2011

Bud Select 55. Pretty sure I will never drink it again.