Dismiss Notice
Sneak peek! BeerAdvocate magazine #104 (September 2015) featuring Leah & Oscar from Highland Brewing in Asheville, North Carolina. Learn more ...

Great Britain BeerX in Sheffield

Discussion in 'Europe' started by jazzyjeff13, Nov 11, 2012.

1. Stumbled across this the other day - a SIBA run beer fest that will be held in Sheffield next year. BeerX will take place on March 14-16 at the Ponds Forge Conference Centre, with a large number of breweries participating and a variety of dispense methods. In short - cool!

More info here:
    http://c8236774.myzen.co.uk/ (yeah, not sure why the web address is so bizarre)
    http://beertoday.co.uk/?p=10282

Sounds like a pretty good event; should be plenty of choice available for any beer lover.

Zimbo - time for another trip to Sheffield!

2. Now that you mention it, by chance the Scottish posse might just be in Sheffield in around that timeframe to celebrate a 'significant birthday event' of one of our own. This has potential. Thanks jazzy.

jazzyjeff13 likes this.
  3. I'd go but I think I'm pan-frying my testicles on that day

Zimbo likes this.
  4. That sounds unnecessarily painful. Is that a vote of no-confidence?

Zimbo likes this.
  5. I would very much welcome seeing some of you guys and a return trip to the Dada Bar.
    plus as good as Thornbridge's brews are in bottle the cask versions
    man I want to have a couple more of them.

Zimbo likes this.
  6. Yum yum.

7. CAMRA membership has fuck-all to do with SIBA.

SIBA has fuck-all to do with good beer.

As much as I enjoyed judging for them, it's turned into a braying now-then-I-know-best circlejerk of over-opinionated member brewers.

Let me give you two examples, four years apart.

Me, 2008, judging 'speciality' beers: "Is this meant to be cloudy?"

SIBA: "We can't tell you"

Friend of mine, professional brewer, 2012, judging 'speciality' beers: "What's the speciality?"

SIBA: "It's brewed with lager malt"

Brewer: "Well, all my beers are brewed with 'lager malt'. Does that make them special?"

SIBA: "......."

8. As a point of interest, IMHO Scoops vast beer knoweldege is often lost under his witty and playful internet persona. I pity the fool who underestimates his yeasty prowess.