Great Britain BeerX in Sheffield

Discussion in 'Europe' started by jazzyjeff13, Nov 11, 2012.

1. Stumbled across this the other day - a SIBA run beer fest that will be held in Sheffield next year. BeerX will take place on March 14-16 at the Ponds Forge Conference Centre, with a large number of breweries participating and a variety of dispense methods. In short - cool!

More info here:
    http://c8236774.myzen.co.uk/ (yeah, not sure why the web address is so bizarre)
    http://beertoday.co.uk/?p=10282

Sounds like a pretty good event; should be plenty of choice available for any beer lover.

Zimbo - time for another trip to Sheffield!

2. Now that you mention it, by chance the Scottish posse might just be in Sheffield in around that timeframe to celebrate a 'significant birthday event' of one of our own. This has potential. Thanks jazzy.

jazzyjeff13 likes this.
  3. I'd go but I think I'm pan-frying my testicles on that day

Zimbo likes this.
  4. That sounds unnecessarily painful. Is that a vote of no-confidence?

Zimbo likes this.
  5. I would very much welcome seeing some of you guys and a return trip to the Dada Bar.
    plus as good as Thornbridge's brews are in bottle the cask versions
    man I want to have a couple more of them.

Zimbo likes this.
  6. Yum yum.

7. CAMRA membership has fuck-all to do with SIBA.

SIBA has fuck-all to do with good beer.

As much as I enjoyed judging for them, it's turned into a braying now-then-I-know-best circlejerk of over-opinionated member brewers.

Let me give you two examples, four years apart.

Me, 2008, judging 'speciality' beers: "Is this meant to be cloudy?"

SIBA: "We can't tell you"

Friend of mine, professional brewer, 2012, judging 'speciality' beers: "What's the speciality?"

SIBA: "It's brewed with lager malt"

Brewer: "Well, all my beers are brewed with 'lager malt'. Does that make them special?"

SIBA: "......."

8. As a point of interest, IMHO Scoops vast beer knoweldege is often lost under his witty and playful internet persona. I pity the fool who underestimates his yeasty prowess.