1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Belgian Yeti Discontinued?

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by Bluecane, Jan 8, 2013.

1. Bluecane

Bluecane Initiate (0) New York Dec 30, 2011

2. evilcatfish

evilcatfish Advocate (515) Missouri May 11, 2012

I thought I saw one on a shelf the other day. Guess it was older production or something

3. I can't find anything either, but I definitely remember seeing this on here a few weeks back. Exciting to know there's a new one coming out.

4. mixed_master7

mixed_master7 Initiate (0) Florida May 16, 2012

It's on tap all over Saint Petersburg, FL.

5. Bluecane

Any idea what the thread was called? I did several searches, including looking several months back at thread with "yeti" in the title....

6. YogiBeer

YogiBeer Savant (485) Illinois May 10, 2012

We just got some belgian yeti in.... but they ARE doing a tbd yeti this year, from what I hear... I would assume that they are waiting to see if it turned out correctly before announcing it?

7. I really don't have a clue. My guess is it probably wasn't a thread devoted to it, but it had to have been a decent conversation about it because I believed it and started telling friends. If it was just one or two mentions I wouldn't have paid much attention.

8. Bluecane

Gotcha. I can't find anything going back 8 months when searching for "belgian yeti," but I may have missed it.

9. It's entirely possible that I'm just a complete idiot though, cuz I don't see it either... :confused:

Bluecane likes this.
  10. Not seeing it listed on the great divide site makes me worry...that is my favorite of the yetis.

11. x37x

x37x Aficionado (160) Wisconsin Oct 21, 2012

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO say it ain't so!!! :eek:

12. I'm in as long as it's not that baby yeti bologna. Imagine a brandy barrel yeti, or mint chocolate or something else cool. Hazelnut Yeti...

13. YogiBeer

YogiBeer Savant (485) Illinois May 10, 2012

It isnt so

14. Dope

Dope Advocate (600) Massachusetts Oct 5, 2010

[​IMG]

Dope

15. They could age Yeti on cow pies and it would still be delicious. Cant wait to see what they'll be putting out!

16. I think they are doing a light lager version called Shaved Yeti.

BigTomZ, jglowe77 and Dope like this.
  17. When I was at Great Divide last someone did tell me to enjoy the Belgian Yeti while I could because it was getting discontinued. I wasn't clear it was someone affiliated with GD but they did say it in front of the taproom bartender. Take it for what it's worth.

18. All I know is that we did a buy on it about a month ago or so at a ridiculous price. Makes me wonder what happened to the beer, or if the distributor was just trying to clear it out.

19. Prospero

Prospero Advocate (675) Colorado Jul 27, 2010

Hopefully it's the Baby Yeti (low ABV) and not the Bretty Yeti. They've been doing a lot on their small batch system so I wouldn't be surprised if they have a contender already to replace it.

20. BigTomZ

BigTomZ Savant (315) Virginia Apr 14, 2009

I hated the Belgian Yeti anyway. Hopefully the new one is a better.

21. Prospero

Prospero Advocate (675) Colorado Jul 27, 2010

FWIW, new batches of Belgian Yeti did just hit the shelves. Probably the last time.

22. DavoleBomb

DavoleBomb Advocate (615) Ohio Mar 29, 2008

FUCK! Belgian Yeti is far and away my favorite Belgian IS.

23. Sorry to hear this if anyone is a fan of Belgian Yeti.
    I am a huge fan of all Yetis except Belgian Yeti, but then I don't really care for any belgian style brews.
    Sad that I'm not a fan, since if I was I could go out and buy about 3 dozen bottle just sitting on shelves in my area.

Now if only Southern Tier would reconsider putting Creme Brulee on "hiatus" instead of OAT, MOKAH, and JAHVA.

24. Domingo

Domingo Champion (945) Colorado Apr 23, 2005

That's too bad. That's possibly my favorite of the Yeti beers, too. A bunch just showed up so I guess I'll have to buy some of it up.